Kodi Community Forum
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Kodi Application (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=93)
+--- Thread: WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) (/showthread.php?tid=224794)

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - LongMan - 2021-11-29

He is using two installs of Kodi to do UPnP sharing.

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - psrkallez06 - 2021-11-29

@Montellese what he said hehe Smile

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - spencerjford - 2021-11-30

so I have a unique use case I guess, for now.  as my plex and emby library server's are on the same machine as I use Kodi on.  (for now).   and I can't for the life of me get this to connect to either.  What would you need from me to help?

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - LongMan - 2021-11-30

@spencerjford, Thanks for taking the time to try it out.

Can you provide some more details. What platform which version of MediaImport. 19.2 or 19.3? Better yet post the debug log. I assume you are able to access the web GUI of both Plex and Emby from the same machine, correct?

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - Montellese - 2021-11-30

(2021-11-30, 01:56)spencerjford Wrote: so I have a unique use case I guess, for now.  as my plex and emby library server's are on the same machine as I use Kodi on.  (for now).   and I can't for the life of me get this to connect to either.  What would you need from me to help?
I'm using the same setup for testing i.e. my Emby, Jellyfin and Plex servers are all running on my dev machine. So if you could provide a debug log that would be very helpful.

And for the record, @LongMan told me that there is a bug in the database creation code of the latest test builds so if you start with a fresh set of databases it will probably not work at all. I'm currently building new test builds which should have this bug fixed.

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - Montellese - 2021-11-30

I have updated the latest test builds with a fix for the database but mentioned before: https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/wiki/Downloads#downloads

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - psrkallez06 - 2021-12-02

Once again.. I just wanna say thank you very much for this. It is perfect.. One main Device. And 2 slaves with syncs over upnp. Genius!

Question. Everytime i start a slave Device its always "importing" over again after every restsrt even tho i havent added anything new to The main Device. Is this normal? Its no big deal. Just curious.

Also where do i Download The generic version? @LongMan posted a img file before which works on my Intel nuc/laptop. But in The github generic builds are crossed off?

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - Montellese - 2021-12-02

(2021-12-02, 22:43)psrkallez06 Wrote: Question. Everytime i start a slave Device its always "importing" over again after every restsrt even tho i havent added anything new to The main Device. Is this normal? Its no big deal. Just curious.
Unfortunately UPnP is a rather dumb protocol so on every start Kodi has to retrieve all media items from the server to figure out if anything has changed. When using Emby or Plex as a backend server there's a way to only request the changes since the last sync.

(2021-12-02, 22:43)psrkallez06 Wrote: Also where do i Download The generic version? @LongMan posted a img file before which works on my Intel nuc/laptop. But in The github generic builds are crossed off?

@LongMan is kind enough to provide certain builds on user requests.

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - psrkallez06 - 2021-12-03

(2021-12-02, 23:04)Montellese Wrote:
(2021-12-02, 22:43)psrkallez06 Wrote: Question. Everytime i start a slave Device its always "importing" over again after every restsrt even tho i havent added anything new to The main Device. Is this normal? Its no big deal. Just curious.
Unfortunately UPnP is a rather dumb protocol so on every start Kodi has to retrieve all media items from the server to figure out if anything has changed. When using Emby or Plex as a backend server there's a way to only request the changes since the last sync.
(2021-12-02, 22:43)psrkallez06 Wrote: Also where do i Download The generic version? @LongMan posted a img file before which works on my Intel nuc/laptop. But in The github generic builds are crossed off?

@LongMan is kind enough to provide certain builds on user requests.
I understand, I'm still very happy with this. How come the generic builds is crossed out? I mean, are they not updated/broken? Smile

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - Montellese - 2021-12-03

(2021-12-03, 21:17)psrkallez06 Wrote: I understand, I'm still very happy with this. How come the generic builds is crossed out? I mean, are they not updated/broken? Smile
Unfortunately the Team Kodi infrastructure does not provide any way to build LibreELEC images which is why I have to rely on other people building these on their own infrastructure / hardware.

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - AkVRkSeN - 2021-12-04

Thank you for developing MediaImport.

I have three libraries in Emby - 2 TV and 1 movie. The movie library imports extremely fast! For the TV import, if I "choose", one of them imports fine. I get an error when I import the other TV library. Here is my Debug Log.

When I reviewed the debug log, it looks to me that this is the error:
Code:
EXCEPTION: Actor: name property must not be empty
I tried a search to see if someone else had this problem but didn't come across something. I tried to change the debug logs to see which TV show is triggering the error but I couldn't figure that out either.

Does anyone have any thoughts or could point me in the right direction? Thanks Smile

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - Montellese - 2021-12-05

(2021-12-04, 23:48)AkVRkSeN Wrote: Thank you for developing MediaImport.

I have three libraries in Emby - 2 TV and 1 movie. The movie library imports extremely fast! For the TV import, if I "choose", one of them imports fine. I get an error when I import the other TV library. Here is my Debug Log.

Code:
I tried a search to see if someone else had this problem but didn't come across something. I tried to change the debug logs to see which TV show is triggering the error but I couldn't figure that out either.

Does anyone have any thoughts or could point me in the right direction? Thanks Smile

Thanks for the report, the debug log and pointing at the issue in the log. It looks like this is a bit of a harsh reaction to a missing attribute. It looks like one of the actors in the database doesn't have a name which is certainly wrong but mediaimporter.emby should just ignore such data and continue (maybe with a warning). I'll take a closer look. In the meantime you can look through your library for an actor without a name ;-)

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - Montellese - 2021-12-05

Code:

Could you give the extra commit in bugfix/ignore_person_with_empty_name a try? It should result in a log warning if the add-on encounters an empty / missing name for an actor / writer / director / .... You can download a ZIP of the add-on including the extra commit from the Github interface.

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - AkVRkSeN - 2021-12-06

Thanks Montellese. I need to think how I am going to do the update and I will get back to you once I figure it out with the result.

RE: Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...) - AkVRkSeN - 2021-12-06

(2021-12-05, 22:46)Montellese Wrote:

Code:

Could you give the extra commit in bugfix/ignore_person_with_empty_name a try? It should result in a log warning if the add-on encounters an empty / missing name for an actor / writer / director / .... You can download a ZIP of the add-on including the extra commit from the Github interface.

I have  no idea if I did the "update" the right (or best) way. I went into github, find that the change was in kodi.py, selected show raw and downloaded the python file. Copied it to a sd card from my PC, put it in the FireTV and copied to the location on the FireTV. It felt clunky but it worked Smile.

In my kids short lives, those are the happiest four lines of code Smile for them. Thanks again.

I have tried some of the other addons for working with an Emby library and this take the cake. The instructions are clear and easy and the solution executes really quickly. Thank you!