Kodi Community Forum
TheLogoDB.com - The Open TV Logo Database (wiki-based, register and contribute) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Forum: Artwork requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=266)
+---- Thread: TheLogoDB.com - The Open TV Logo Database (wiki-based, register and contribute) (/showthread.php?tid=228026)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: TV channel logo database - Lunatixz - 2015-07-05

(2015-07-05, 20:07)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-07-05, 19:56)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-07-05, 19:01)enen92 Wrote: @zag, I'm trying to do a "tvlogo downloader" similar to artwork downloader for the database since no one has taken the step to build any addon now and also because it is really small. Can you add the following two methods to the api of the webpage?:

1) Get all countries that have channels available. This would allow me to grab the $c variable to pass to http://www.thelogodb.com/api/json/v1/1/tvchannel.php?c=Italy

2) Get all countries that have packages. This would allow me to do the exact same thing but for packages.

Many thanks in advance

I was going to do the same thing (logo downloader plugin)... but there are a number of limitations that kept this from being as simple an addon as it should be.
For example, there is no way to automatically trigger Kodis scan for missing icons... at least I couldn't find a method...

I specifically asked you some time ago if you were doing something generic or just for Pseudo TV live..I recall you said it was only for PTVL. Despite building a "common framework" for anyone to use on their addons. My interpretation of it was that you're building a python module for the api of thelogodb.
I am not really a big fan of working on stuff others are also working like if it was a competition. That being said, if you have something working and want to proceed, let me know and I'll stop my current work on this.

As for loading channels that really depends on the backend you're using. For now I was only doing a downloader, then I was thinking on focusing in post processing of the downloaded data. I believe that restarting the pvr database would load any missing logos.

My answer is...I was working on generic logodb api search function, that I would share... but I will not be working on a standalone addon, mainly because I didn't see a simple way to automate the process... Kodi's pvr json returns are limited... You can get PVR title, and paths for the current thumbnail... but you have no way of triggering a rescan unless the user reboots... which is no good for android boxes that rarely reboot.

RE: TV channel logo database - zag - 2015-07-06

(2015-07-05, 19:01)enen92 Wrote: @zag, I'm trying to do a "tvlogo downloader" similar to artwork downloader for the database since no one has taken the step to build any addon now and also because it is really small. Can you add the following method to the api of the webpage?:

1) Get all countries that have channels available. This would allow me to grab the $c variable to pass to http://www.thelogodb.com/api/json/v1/1/tvchannel.php?c=Italy

Many thanks in advance

Sure!

Code:
http://www.thelogodb.com/api/json/v1/1/tvchannelcountries.php
http://www.thelogodb.com/api/json/v1/1/tvpackagecountries.php

Let me know if that works.

RE: TV channel logo database - Hustler1337 - 2015-07-07

Hi,

Is there a link or place where I can download channel logos in bulk? I need to save logos for around 700 channels and saving image one-by-one would take me hours and hours.

Thanks

RE: TV channel logo database - enen92 - 2015-07-07

(2015-07-07, 21:27)Hustler1337 Wrote: Hi,

Is there a link or place where I can download channel logos in bulk? I need to save logos for around 700 channels and saving image one-by-one would take me hours and hours.

Thanks

That's the whole point of this thread, however, as everything...stuff takes time. So for now you either download them 1 by 1 and rename them yourself or try to fnd on the web a zip containing multiple logos.

RE: TV channel logo database - bry - 2015-07-08

(2015-07-07, 22:45)enen92 Wrote:
(2015-07-07, 21:27)Hustler1337 Wrote: Hi,

Thanks

That's the whole point of this thread, however, as everything...stuff takes time. So for now you either download them 1 by 1 and rename them yourself or try to fnd on the web a zip containing multiple logos.
Or contribute and help fill in the missing gaps so when the script is done things are further along.

RE: TV channel logo database - enen92 - 2015-07-09

Just FYI the addon is going well and I count on finishing it on the next few days. It will allow you to automatically download entire packages, specific channels of a package or country (if the channel has logo on thelogodb), download and map specific channels you have on YOUR pvr and and also process all the channels YOU HAVE at once automatically. So my goal is basically to have an addon that can act both as a downloader only and also as a way of linking your available channels with the logos from thelogodb.

As @Lunatixz said unfornately we don't have any way to trigger the icon update from addons unless the pvr is restarted. Hopefully this (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7450) will fix the issue if approved and merged.

I also want to have a look at context menu addons so we can hopefully, as of isengard, access the context menu of a given channel and download the logo from the database (and reload the info).

Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

RE: TV channel logo database - Lunatixz - 2015-07-09

(2015-07-09, 15:47)enen92 Wrote: Just FYI the addon is going well and I count on finishing it on the next few days. It will allow you to automatically download entire packages, specific channels of a package or country (if the channel has logo on thelogodb), download and map specific channels you have on YOUR pvr and and also process all the channels YOU HAVE at once automatically. So my goal is basically to have an addon that can act both as a downloader only and also as a way of linking your available channels with the logos from thelogodb.

As @Lunatixz said unfornately we don't have any way to trigger the icon update from addons unless the pvr is restarted. Hopefully this (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7450) will fix the issue if approved and merged.

I also want to have a look at context menu addons so we can hopefully, as of isengard, access the context menu of a given channel and download the logo from the database (and reload the info).

Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Looks Great! Thanks

RE: TV channel logo database - zag - 2015-07-09

Great stuff, I can't think of any more features it would need other than maybe the option to download black and white logos (when I implement that feature)

The database fields should already be there.

RE: TV channel logo database - enen92 - 2015-07-09

(2015-07-09, 18:13)zag Wrote: Great stuff, I can't think of any more features it would need other than maybe the option to download black and white logos (when I implement that feature)

The database fields should already be there.

It seems ok to me. Probably I'll add a setting to give priority to dark or white background based logos (for package and channel download) and implement another step if you're trying to download logos for the channels u have (first 2 options). In that case, if there is more than one alternative for the logo I'll present another window like the one above to choose the logo.
It would be nice if you have a channel on the db with the 2 options for testing purposes.

RE: TV channel logo database - enen92 - 2015-07-14

Any idea of when we should expect the white/black alternatives there? No rush just curiosity. Adding shadows to the logos does not result well since not all of them have (or need) shadows

RE: TV channel logo database - zag - 2015-07-14

Having thought about it some more, I'm slightly reluctant to add it.

Do you think people will actually want it?

I'm tempted to remove those features and just allow a single logo for simplicities sake...

RE: TV channel logo database - Lunatixz - 2015-07-14

(2015-07-14, 16:29)zag Wrote: Having thought about it some more, I'm slightly reluctant to add it.

Do you think people will actually want it?

I'm tempted to remove those features and just allow a single logo for simplicities sake...

IMO mono "White" logos are a must... every kodi skin has one of two types of common flag's, Color and White...

These options meet the needs for both designs.

If we are actually talking about "Black and White" and not just "White" logos, I don't see the need either.

RE: TV channel logo database - enen92 - 2015-07-14

Humm...I use black skins but tend to upload the original logos to the db that are usually black (and also because the background of the website is white). I use variations of the logos I'm uploading in white versions. I thought I could share them as well and it would work also as a backup, without the need to keep them locally.
I agree we should not overcomplicate stuff but in this case this is probably a requirement and not something to bloat the db. It's up to you.
If I was building it I would have 2 options (white and black) and would forget about the other entries that are already there to keep stuff simple (fanart and monochrome).

cheers

Re: RE: TV channel logo database - Lunatixz - 2015-07-14

(2015-07-14, 17:36)enen92 Wrote: Humm...I use black skins but tend to upload the original logos to the db that are usually black (and also because the background of the website is white). I use variations of the logos I'm uploading in white versions. I thought I could share them as well and it would work also as a backup, without the need to keep them locally.
I agree we should not overcomplicate stuff but in this case this is probably a requirement and not something to bloat the db. It's up to you.
If I was building it I would have 2 options (white and black) and would forget about the other entries that are already there to keep stuff simple (fanart and monochrome).

cheers
All black is cool, never really saw many black flags.... Lite background is harsh on a tv screen.

Color, white and black sound like valid color types.

Thought u meant black and white...

RE: TV channel logo database - zag - 2015-07-14

OK thats fine, just wanted to check