Kodi Community Forum
TheLogoDB.com - The Open TV Logo Database (wiki-based, register and contribute) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+---- Forum: Artwork requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=266)
+---- Thread: TheLogoDB.com - The Open TV Logo Database (wiki-based, register and contribute) (/showthread.php?tid=228026)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: TV channel logo database - tilleke - 2015-06-12

@Lunatixz
Perhaps I expressed myself not clearly (English is not my mother-tongue). Of course, TheLogoDB would not store any EPG-data, only a field indicating a ChannelID which would help to query the Rytec resources (Rytec has furnished EPG to the e2 platform for many years). I have edited my initial post to indicate what I meant better.

I am unsure what you mean with a "pipe dream"? However, I admit, a dream would come through if the "TheLogoDB" could hold some extra data which would permit and facilitate consulting other related resources.

RE: TV channel logo database - zag - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 02:17)tilleke Wrote: I am coming from the Enigma2-world (read E2 i.e. Dreambox, Vu+ and similar STBs for those who don't know what it means) and just started out with Kodi on my brand new HTPC. I am mostly interested in IPTV but I might add a SAT-card later on to my set-up....

Basically I agree with everything you say. The reason I write these sites is to get standardization. I came from a Dreambox 800 HD SE until I saw the Kodi light Big Grin

I'll take a look at the resources you posted right away and see if we can add some API search fields as you suggest.

(2015-06-12, 02:17)tilleke Wrote: As to logos, there is another initiative, involving e2 and Kodi, namely picons-source which can be found on Github . They are trying to share logos and make easy lookup of them using a cross-table (see here). This is an example:

Awesome to see the SVG's!! I've added them to our source folder for now. Credit to whoever made them!

http://www.thelogodb.com/source

Keep the ideas coming Smile

Re: RE: TV channel logo database - Lunatixz - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 09:01)tilleke Wrote: @Lunatixz
Perhaps I expressed myself not clearly (English is not my mother-tongue). Of course, TheLogoDB would not store any EPG-data, only a field indicating a ChannelID which would help to query the Rytec resources (Rytec has furnished EPG to the e2 platform for many years). I have edited my initial post to indicate what I meant better.

I am unsure what you mean with a "pipe dream"? However, I admit, a dream would come through if the "TheLogoDB" could hold some extra data which would permit and facilitate consulting other related resources.
Channel id's and display-names are relative to the epg data provider. They are not universally named. Every grabber, and every data provider uses their own naming schemes.

Gathering that information when you don't provide listing data IMO is a waste of resources.

Alternative channel names and alias on the other hand would be nice... Ie. Channel call letters.

(2015-06-12, 14:47)Lunatixz Wrote: Channel id's and display-names are relative to the epg data provider. They are not universally named. Every grabber, and every data provider uses their own naming schemes.

Gathering that information when you don't provide listing data IMO is a waste of resources.

Alternative channel names and alias on the other hand would be nice... Ie. Channel call letters.

Of course there are different grabbers and providers but Rytec has been freely available for e2 for many years and probably the base-source for the e2-platform and as you surely know, there are milions of e2-users out there. Rytec covers probably nearly all European sat-broadcasters plus Russian, African, Australian and Asian. I guess data from the US may be less from Rytec but this is probably because there aren't many e2-users (and sat-users) in US. However, I am sure if it is now possible to implement support for Rytec, lots and lots of users would be grateful. I think this may be possible, using two different routes. I will look into this as soon as I have some time and then report back.

RE: TV channel logo database - Lunatixz - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 15:06)tilleke Wrote:
(2015-06-12, 14:47)Lunatixz Wrote: Channel id's and display-names are relative to the epg data provider. They are not universally named. Every grabber, and every data provider uses their own naming schemes.

Of course there are different grabbers and providers but Rytec has been freely available for e2 for many years and probably the base-source for the e2-platform and as you surely know, there are milions of e2-users out there. Rytec covers probably nearly all European sat-broadcasters plus Russian, African, Australian and Asian. I guess data from the US may be less from Rytec but this is probably because there aren't many e2-users (and sat-users) in US. However, I am sure if it is now possible to implement support for Rytec, lots and lots of users would be grateful. I think this may be possible, using two different routes. I will look into this as soon as I have some time and then report back.

if zag wants to implement such features it's up to him... but adding exclusive 'rytec' data seems silly... universal data is key...

@Lunatixz
It's a matter of obtaining a channel-id (and perhaps a ServiceReference) to get it working if I have understood things right.
How would you implement "universal data" and convince major providers and grabbers to use them?

As mentioned in my first post, I am only suggesting things. Some may be feasible, others perhaps not. Some may be approved by people, others won't.

Re: RE: TV channel logo database - Lunatixz - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 15:20)tilleke Wrote: @Lunatixz
It's a matter of obtaining a channel-id (and perhaps a ServiceReference) to get it working if I have understood things right.
How would you implement "universal data" and convince major providers and grabbers to use them?

As mentioned in my first post, I am only suggesting things. Some may be feasible, others perhaps not. Some may be approved by people, others won't.
You are only thinking from your view point...

What's a major provider to you, means nothing to me... In the states...

I could make your argument about the providers of epg data in the U.S.

My point would still be the same... Since the naming schemes are all over the place, and id's are not universal... It would be a major undertaking to collect this data.

It would also be pointless since we are not providing epg data... What's the point of keeping track of this info?

and, It doesn't guarantee results... Since epg providers dictate naming and Id scheme.

Sorry, I probably didn't make myself clear in my first post. TheLogoDB was created to obtain easily logos but my idea was to store some additional channel-data so the TheLogoDB could be used for other purposes as well (especially since there is no other central channel information db as far as I know). This is the reason why I wrote about EPG and display-names and so forth. Once again my apologies for not making that clear.

RE: TV channel logo database - Lunatixz - 2015-06-12

(2015-06-12, 15:39)tilleke Wrote: Sorry, I probably didn't make myself clear in my first post. TheLogoDB was created to obtain easily logos but my idea was to store some additional channel-data so the TheLogoDB could be used for other purposes as well (especially since there is no other central channel information db as far as I know). This is the reason why I wrote about EPG and display-names and so forth. Once again my apologies for not making that clear.

we will have to agree to disagree...

RE: TV channel logo database - enen92 - 2015-06-12

I agree the idea of storing chid's for epg data is cool if it is community driven (which means don't expect anyone to build a scrapper to fill that information as it wouldn't work - there are so many providers and channel namings available). We could edit the information of a channel and easily add id's by providers/packages.

I'm not familiar with it as I use a custom script for epg data but for what I know this is the most used grabber (http://www.webgrabplus.com/). Probably a place to start looking?

Well for Rytec, which is the only free and available epg provider I know about, there is no need for scraping data. All data is provided through some servers freely accessible. In order to get that to work, I just need to check some (fundamental) information and see if I can make something useful out of it. Once I know I can obtain the information, I can write a small utility which produces some output (channel-id) which could be imported into TheLogoDB. Most channelids for Rytec have been consistent for years (normally it is the frequency which changes) and probably wouldn't require much maintenance. Once you have the channel-id, you can use your own script to get the epg-data and do what you want with it. TheLogoDB is not going to hold data itself - only the channel-id. At least that is my suggestion and idea.

If there are other providers which can be used, perhaps covering the U.S, then that is fine. Hopefully they are organized like Rytec or else it would be difficult as Lunatixz said.

The point is, since Rytec is available and has been so for years for e2, why not use it if it is possible? I am not even sure it will work although I have hopes.

RE: TV channel logo database - enen92 - 2015-06-13

Unfortunatly @zag the last import of channels didn't work really well, specially channels with strange characters (I'll focus on that latter).

- Vodafone PT was succefully imported to IPTV packages.

- Cabovisão was placed into cable but the biggest package is also IPTV, it should be moved to iptv.

- I also added a Meo package (there was one on satellite already) but the one I imported is the main one and has all channels ... also is IPTV. Unfortunately can't find that package on the site.

- There is currently 2 packages NOS in the satellite section but one of them is IPTV as well. I guess the one for iptv is this one due to the HD channels: http://www.thelogodb.com/browse.php?p=196. Please move it to iptv.

After that is finished I'll focus on grouping channels to avoid repetitions and get back to you.
Please find attached the cvs for MEO IPTV, currently missing: https://meocloud.pt/link/3c4b458d-3274-412b-acf8-2f9706a8c1fe/MEO%20%28PT%20IPTV%29.csv/

RE: TV channel logo database - zag - 2015-06-14

Thanks fixed fixed the IPTV categories.

Cant import MEO IPTV because its all in capital letters sorry. (I think thats why i skipped it the first time)

Special characters is a known problem on import, I will probably have to fix those manually.

RE: TV channel logo database - tilleke - 2015-06-14

@zag
I can't PM anyone yet since I need to reach at least 10 posts.

I just noted that the following Package APIs are currently not working:
Code:
http://www.thelogodb.com/api/json/v1/1/tvpackage.php?c=Asia
http://www.thelogodb.com/api/json/v1/1/tvpackage.php?id=45

whereas this one works:
Code:
http://www.thelogodb.com/api/json/v1/1/tvpackage.php?s=Canal

It would be nice to have an API that lists all packages without needing to include a search-criteria.

RE: TV channel logo database - zag - 2015-06-14

Whoops, I changed a few field names which broke it. Should be fixed now.

You can use this to get all packages.

Code:
http://www.thelogodb.com/api/json/v1/1/tvpackage.php?c=all