Kodi Community Forum
Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) (/showthread.php?tid=229199)

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - Funkd - 2016-05-01

(2016-05-01, 17:56)ScopeFan Wrote: [*]Is it possible to toggle your skin scope settings via JSON-RPC?
Right now I have a SimpleControl setup with a "wide screen" and "HDTV (16:9)" button on the ipad. Wife and kids just hit the "wide screen" button and the PJ will zoom to 21:9 setting. But they will still have to toggle the scope bar button and possibly "21:9 OSD" button on the OSD. It would be nice if I could eliminate this step by sending a JSON-RPC call via HTTP to Kodi.

Unfortunately you cant change Skin settings via JSON RPC. Sad

(2016-05-01, 17:56)ScopeFan Wrote: [*]Is it possible to adjust subtitle vertical position absolutely as opposed to relative up and down?
That way, when 21:9 OSD is selected, the subtitle positions would be moved up to fit within the scope area. When 16:9 OSD is selected, the subtitle position would be moved down. In conjunction with toggling skin scope settings via JSON-RPC, this would be ideal.

Subtitles can only be re-positioned vertically. I've put in a feature request so that we can set this vertical position using a number. At the minute you can only move up and down. I've played around with an add on to move them up and down but its not great.

(2016-05-01, 17:56)ScopeFan Wrote: [*] It seems your scope bar is set for 2.40 aspect ratio as you are masking for 1920x800. I have a 2.35 screen so I changed the custom_1129_ScopeBars.xml to mask for 1920x816. I know this is very OCD of me, but I just want to point it out to any fellow CIH zoomers who noticed the tiny black bars on the screen after scope mask is toggled.

The scope bar setting is set to whatever you have it configured for. Did you change the config in the skin settings to be 2.35? Once you do that, the scope bar settings will be 2.35.

Hope that helps Smile

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - Funkd - 2016-05-01

Although you could create a keymap entry and send a keypress,

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - ScopeFan - 2016-05-03

Funkd,

Thank you. Should have thought of that.

Regarding the scope bar, on scopenox 1.7, it looks like it's hard coded in custom_1129_ScopeBars.xml for 1920x800. I did set the skin setting
to 2.35. Any way, this also allows me to put in vertical blanking bars (loosing a few horizontal pixels) as well as your horizontal bars so I can fit 2.4 materials on my 2.35 screen.
Soooo cool Funkd!!! Blanking + Vertical shift so my RS400 only has to zoom in and out and not lens shift.

Thanks again.

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - ScopeFan - 2016-05-05

Changing between scope settings and 16:9 settings without using the OSD gui.
I used this method to change the scopenox settings via remote to make it wife-kids
friendly.

So you can change skin settings via JSON-RPC.
Funkd, I added a few hacks to your ScopeNox skin:

I appended these lines to your addon.py file in your script.scopenox.tools add on:
if sys.argv[1] == '169':
xbmc.executebuiltin('Skin.setbool (osd169)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('skin.reset (scopemask)')

if sys.argv[1] == '219':
xbmc.executebuiltin('Skin.reset (osd169)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('skin.setbool (scopemask)')

then make a json-rpc call from any browser or applications:

http://10.0.0.133:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": {"wait": false, "addonid": "script.scopenox.tools", "params":"169"}}

or

http://10.0.0.133:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": {"wait": false, "addonid": "script.scopenox.tools", "params":"219"}}

or you could bind the key in the keymap: in this example, I used F1, F2
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61584">RunScript(script.scopenox.tools,169,1)</key>
<key id="61585">RunScript(script.scopenox.tools,219,1)</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Now if I can only find a way to adjust the absolute subtitle positions via scripting...
Changing subtitle alignment does not work. There seems to be a bug in Kodi 16.1.
You can set subtitle position to fixed and adjust it via video calibration. Once you change the
subtitle alignment: bottom of video, below video, above video, on top of video, fixed you loose
the fixed subtitle alignment. I verified this on FireTV and OSX.

Thank you again Funkd.

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - Maxmueller - 2016-05-13

Hello Funkd,
I found this Skin and it is fantastic. Kodi runs on a rasp 3 with openelec and your skin.
Here are my two questions.
1. 21:9 movies size setting ist 1,0. 16:9 Movies size setting is 0,76. Is it posible to switch between these settings by one click on a Remote or the original kodiapp on ios?

2. by playing music fullscreen mode the Cover with the turning CD are not displayed completly. What can i do to fix this.

Sorry for my poor english. I hope you understand my questions.

Greetings and thanks for the geat job.

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - Funkd - 2016-05-22

(2016-05-05, 02:52)ScopeFan Wrote: Changing between scope settings and 16:9 settings without using the OSD gui.
I used this method to change the scopenox settings via remote to make it wife-kids
friendly.

So you can change skin settings via JSON-RPC.
Funkd, I added a few hacks to your ScopeNox skin:

I appended these lines to your addon.py file in your script.scopenox.tools add on:
if sys.argv[1] == '169':
xbmc.executebuiltin('Skin.setbool (osd169)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('skin.reset (scopemask)')

if sys.argv[1] == '219':
xbmc.executebuiltin('Skin.reset (osd169)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('skin.setbool (scopemask)')

then make a json-rpc call from any browser or applications:

http://10.0.0.133:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": {"wait": false, "addonid": "script.scopenox.tools", "params":"169"}}

or

http://10.0.0.133:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": {"wait": false, "addonid": "script.scopenox.tools", "params":"219"}}

or you could bind the key in the keymap: in this example, I used F1, F2
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61584">RunScript(script.scopenox.tools,169,1)</key>
<key id="61585">RunScript(script.scopenox.tools,219,1)</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Now if I can only find a way to adjust the absolute subtitle positions via scripting...
Changing subtitle alignment does not work. There seems to be a bug in Kodi 16.1.
You can set subtitle position to fixed and adjust it via video calibration. Once you change the
subtitle alignment: bottom of video, below video, above video, on top of video, fixed you loose
the fixed subtitle alignment. I verified this on FireTV and OSX.

Thank you again Funkd.

Ah yes! Didnt think of json executing an addon. Nicely done Smile I've requested an option to set the subtitles via co-ordinates. Not sure if it will get done.

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - Funkd - 2016-05-22

(2016-05-13, 19:48)Maxmueller Wrote: Hello Funkd,
I found this Skin and it is fantastic. Kodi runs on a rasp 3 with openelec and your skin.
Here are my two questions.
1. 21:9 movies size setting ist 1,0. 16:9 Movies size setting is 0,76. Is it posible to switch between these settings by one click on a Remote or the original kodiapp on ios?

2. by playing music fullscreen mode the Cover with the turning CD are not displayed completly. What can i do to fix this.

Sorry for my poor english. I hope you understand my questions.

Greetings and thanks for the geat job.

I'll check out the music view issue. Regarding the zoom I wrote a script to do this automatically but it was only in testing. There is some info earlier in the thread but its not 100%!

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - Funkd - 2016-06-06

(2016-05-13, 19:48)Maxmueller Wrote: 2. by playing music fullscreen mode the Cover with the turning CD are not displayed completly. What can i do to fix this.

Hi Max,
I cant reproduce this. Can you take a screenshot of the issue?

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - Funkd - 2016-06-06

Hi all,
New release : https://github.com/Funkd/ScopeNox/releases/download/1.9/skin.scope.nox.1.9.zip

Minor changes. One change being there is now an option to remember your scope mask setting. So if you set the mask on in a movie/video then it will be on the next movie/video you watch also. If you dont want this to happen, dont forget to switch it off in the settings!

As always, let me know if there any issues.

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - MalevolentBunny - 2016-07-09

Hi All

Is there a way to set the scope mask based on the movie meta data. For example, DarkKnight continually switches to imax format. I'd like to have the scope bars turned on when watching these kinds of movies so my PJ isn't projecting onto the ceiling. I know I can create a keyboard shortcut, but i'd really like to set something in the metadata and have ti automatic.

Any ideas?

Regards

mark

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - HTFanatic - 2016-07-09

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here?

I went into add this skin via the zip and I have followed these instructions below (googled it) but I am at the step where you
add the files and all I see are folders and the Kodi Add-on for skins is not finding the correct file within the Scopenox 1.9 folders.

Where is the file that I tell Kodi to select and which file is it?

Installing a skin from zip

If the skin you're wanting isn't available in the official repository, then probably the best option, is to install from zip.

Download the zip file of the skin you would like, or go to the github etc. page and download as zip.

Once you have the zip file, put it onto a usb drive, or local drive so it can be accessed by your XBMC/Kodi device.

In XBMC/Kodi, go to System > Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip. Now browse for your skin's zip file and begin the install. Once the install is finished, you will be asked if you would like the change to the new skin

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - Funkd - 2016-07-10

(2016-07-09, 18:04)MalevolentBunny Wrote: Hi All

Is there a way to set the scope mask based on the movie meta data. For example, DarkKnight continually switches to imax format. I'd like to have the scope bars turned on when watching these kinds of movies so my PJ isn't projecting onto the ceiling. I know I can create a keyboard shortcut, but i'd really like to set something in the metadata and have ti automatic.

Any ideas?

Regards

mark

Hey,
Check this post. You can include the aspect ratio in the folder name of the movie. If you set it to 2.35 or whatever it will automatically put the scope masking on for that movie. So if you did this for and IMAX movie it would put the scope bars on which would cover the imax scenes.

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - Funkd - 2016-07-10

(2016-07-09, 23:11)HTFanatic Wrote: Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong here?

I went into add this skin via the zip and I have followed these instructions below (googled it) but I am at the step where you
add the files and all I see are folders and the Kodi Add-on for skins is not finding the correct file within the Scopenox 1.9 folders.

Where is the file that I tell Kodi to select and which file is it?

Installing a skin from zip

If the skin you're wanting isn't available in the official repository, then probably the best option, is to install from zip.

Download the zip file of the skin you would like, or go to the github etc. page and download as zip.

Once you have the zip file, put it onto a usb drive, or local drive so it can be accessed by your XBMC/Kodi device.

In XBMC/Kodi, go to System > Settings > Add-ons > Install from zip. Now browse for your skin's zip file and begin the install. Once the install is finished, you will be asked if you would like the change to the new skin

Hi, you don't need to unzip the file. Just download the zip file and then select that file from Kodi.

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - MalevolentBunny - 2016-07-11

(2016-07-10, 14:20)Funkd Wrote:
(2016-07-09, 18:04)MalevolentBunny Wrote: Hi All

Any ideas?

Regards

mark

Hey,
Check this post. You can include the aspect ratio in the folder name of the movie. If you set it to 2.35 or whatever it will automatically put the scope masking on for that movie. So if you did this for and IMAX movie it would put the scope bars on which would cover the imax scenes.

thanks a lot!

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - Funkd - 2016-07-11

(2016-07-11, 13:17)MalevolentBunny Wrote: thanks a lot!

No problem, also dont forget you'll need to rescan to pick up the new folder name Smile