Kodi Community Forum
Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: Mod ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) (/showthread.php?tid=229199)

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - pfp-az - 2021-06-05

What are the issues with this skin and Matrix?  I did encounter an installation issue but got past that fairly easily.

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - JJ_1 - 2021-06-06

Hello ScopeFan
Hello Funkd

i tried to get this to work. But it wont. Im running Kodi 17.6 with madvr and the Dsplayer and scope nox 1.22
(2016-05-05, 02:52)ScopeFan Wrote: Changing between scope settings and 16:9 settings without using the OSD gui.
I used this method to change the scopenox settings via remote to make it wife-kids
friendly.

So you can change skin settings via JSON-RPC.
Funkd, I added a few hacks to your ScopeNox skin:

I appended these lines to your addon.py file in your script.scopenox.tools add on:
if sys.argv[1] == '169':
xbmc.executebuiltin('Skin.setbool (osd169)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('skin.reset (scopemask)')

if sys.argv[1] == '219':
xbmc.executebuiltin('Skin.reset (osd169)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('skin.setbool (scopemask)')

then make a json-rpc call from any browser or applications:

http://10.0.0.133:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": {"wait": false, "addonid": "script.scopenox.tools", "params":"169"}}

or

http://10.0.0.133:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": {"wait": false, "addonid": "script.scopenox.tools", "params":"219"}}

or you could bind the key in the keymap: in this example, I used F1, F2
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61584">RunScript(script.scopenox.tools,169,1)</key>
<key id="61585">RunScript(script.scopenox.tools,219,1)</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Now if I can only find a way to adjust the absolute subtitle positions via scripting...
Changing subtitle alignment does not work. There seems to be a bug in Kodi 16.1.
You can set subtitle position to fixed and adjust it via video calibration. Once you change the
subtitle alignment: bottom of video, below video, above video, on top of video, fixed you loose
the fixed subtitle alignment. I verified this on FireTV and OSX.

Thank you again Funkd.

I insert in my addon.py

import json
import urllib
import urllib2
import sys

xbmc_host = 'localhost'
xbmc_port = 80

if sys.argv[1] == '169':
xbmc.executebuiltin('Skin.setbool (osd169)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('skin.reset (scopemask)')

if sys.argv[1] == '219':
xbmc.executebuiltin('Skin.reset (osd169)')
xbmc.executebuiltin('skin.setbool (scopemask)')

When i call from the browser withhttp://192.168.178.100:8080/jsonrpc?request ={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method":   "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": {"wait": false, "addonid": "script.scopenox.tools", "params":"169"}}
http://192.168.178.100:8080/jsonrpc?request ={"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method":   "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": {"wait": false, "addonid": "script.scopenox.tools", "params":"219"}}

I see short a script running but nothing happend.

Also tried the keymaps and at there
-<keymap>
-<global>
-<keyboard>
<key id="61584">runscript(script.scopenox.tools,169,1)</key>
<key id="61585">runscript(script.scopenox.tools,219,1)</key>
<key id="61586">playpause</key>
<key id="61587">play</key>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
The pay and Pause are only for test. They work. But nothing with  the scope mask.
I hope somebody can Help me.

For me is the best skin ever. I will only swap to kodi 19 when this skin is useable in 19.

JJ_1

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - pfp-az - 2021-06-06

(2020-01-29, 18:02)AEnz Wrote:
(2019-09-04, 21:02)DAlba Wrote: For anyone that’s interested I was able to fix the movie duration and subtitle option osd issues by editing some xml files. Also made the media info icons bigger like I wanted tooSmile

Any chance, you could explain how? Would be appreciated.

I can't speak for anything else but this will handle the movie duration issue.
Only the first two are necessary to get the duration displaying correctly.  
I chose to also change the "localize" value because I think runtime is a better label than minutes when the value is displayed as hours, minutes and seconds.

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - craigr - 2021-06-10

(2021-06-06, 19:16)pfp-az Wrote:
(2019-09-04, 21:02)DAlba Wrote: For anyone that’s interested I was able to fix the movie duration and subtitle option osd issues by editing some xml files. Also made the media info icons bigger like I wanted tooSmile

I chose to also change the "localize" value because I think runtime is a better label than minutes when the value is displayed as hours, minutes and seconds.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I have always wanted to fix this but had no idea how.  My wife was just busting on me for the lack of runtime information this past Saturday night AGAIN.  Now I just told her it's fixed thanks to you   Angel .

I also agree runtime is better so I made that change as well.

Now to be a nitpicking SOB, do you know a way to drop the first digit in the hours column?  With your fix the time is shown hours, minutes and seconds, as 00:00:00.  Can I make it 0:00:00 because I don't have any movies longer than 9:59:59 Wink

It's funny how the little things can make a person so happy!

Kind regards,
craigr

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - craigr - 2021-06-10

(2021-06-05, 18:02)pfp-az Wrote: What are the issues with this skin and Matrix?  I did encounter an installation issue but got past that fairly easily.

Code:
Failed to install Add-on from zip file
The dependency on xbmc.gui 5.14.0 could not be satisfied.

If you no how to adjust the skin or install the dependency or fix this I would be quite grateful.

Just fixed it myself based on this post:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323909&pid=2811664#pid2811664

Now working in Matrix!

Thank you again,
craigr

(2021-06-06, 19:16)pfp-az Wrote:

If you have any other fixes for this skin I would love to hear about them!  One thing that is always a pain is the settings menus are impossible to use and I must switch skins to make changes to many settings then switch back.  Any ideas on fixing that?

Best,
craigr

Funkd, I modified your skin based on pfp-az's insights to fix the movie runtime not showing properly and my research to make it work in Matrix.  To help others I am putting a link to the modified skin on my web page.  Please reply to this thread if you want me to take it down or feel free to take it and update your page.  Thanks for all you have done with this over the years and I still hope you somehow make time to keep maintaining this skin.  I'm tell you, sleep is for the weak and is over rated Wink

Be sure to set your skin to Estuary before updating to Matrix!  Then update Aeon Scope Nox.
Link to Aeon Scope Nox for Kodi Matrix:
https://www.cir-engineering.com/bin/kodi/skin.scope.nox.1.23.2.zip

Kind regards,
craigr

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - pfp-az - 2021-06-10

I'm glad this was of help to someone else.
Nope, no other changes here.  I'm actually still on Krypton and this was the first time I've looked at the skin code for many years.   I'm curious what issue you have with the settings menu though.  I don't recall any issues there.

(2021-06-10, 17:14)pfp-az Wrote: I'm glad this was of help to someone else.
Nope, no other changes here.  I'm actually still on Krypton and this was the first time I've looked at the skin code for many years.   I'm curious what issue you have with the settings menu though.  I don't recall any issues there.

I just took a couple screen shots off my OLED for quick reference because a picture is worth 1000 words.  The primary settings menus are fine, but deeper settings menus have issues.  For example:

In the Media menu.

When I click "-Settings" this is what I get.

If I am watching a movie or TV show and want to go into the subtitles menu I also get a menu that looks exactly like the above with nothing in it.  Any ideas?  Until last night I had never had any experience coding skins so that was my quick rove into new territory Wink

Much less important but also frustrating, the APPS Android apps is a total mess with icons overlapping and it's impossible to use.  Any Android APP I use regularly I have to put into Favorites.

Thank you!
craigr

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - pfp-az - 2021-06-10

(2021-06-10, 18:52)CIR-Engineering Wrote: Much less important but also frustrating, the APPS Android apps is a total mess with icons overlapping and it's impossible to use.  Any Android APP I use regularly I have to put into Favorites.

Thank you!
craigr

I can't directly help on this too much but I think I can point you in the right direction.  This looks very similar to an issue I found with Movie genre display (see post 556 & 557).  

A quick solution would be to change the view to something else.  
Otherwise to fix this view you would need to change the XML file which represents it.  I believe the file for that view is "view_500_wall.xml".  You would want to edit the section preceded by the comment "<!-- Addon Wall -->".  I'm sorry but I don't know the exact changes needed but I suspect it's just one or more height & width values.

Please, absolutely no need to apologies, you have been so helpful!

I hadn't even thought about just changing the view to something else  Tongue   I'll try that.

The more important one is the settings menus though.  Any ideas there?  Having to change skins just to change deep setting menu options is a pain (still love this skin though so it's worth it).

Also on a totally different note, when I am in my movie wall, if I go to the left and try to access the Kodi menu to do things like change the view, usually I can't access the Kodi menu; other times I can.  I press left, then left again, then left again, then I try pressing left with different times between presses and it won't let me in.  Then sometimes it does, usually when I come out of a movie and then go up one movie or down and press left again.  I feel like I must be missing something obvious?

craigr

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - JJ_1 - 2021-06-14

(2021-06-10, 06:49)CIR-Engineering Wrote: Funkd, I modified your skin based on pfp-az's insights to fix the movie runtime not showing properly and my research to make it work in Matrix.  To help others I am putting a link to the modified skin on my web page.  Please reply to this thread if you want me to take it down or feel free to take it and update your page.  Thanks for all you have done with this over the years and I still hope you somehow make time to keep maintaining this skin.  I'm tell you, sleep is for the weak and is over rated Wink

Be sure to set your skin to Estuary before updating to Matrix!  Then update Aeon Scope Nox.

Kind regards,
craigr
I have installd Kodi from Esturay and tried to install the Aeon Scope Nox zip file but i get an error.
Wrong version. Not compatible
I have installed kodi 19.1. Is that the problem?

Kind regards
JJ_1

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - JJ_1 - 2021-06-14

(2021-06-14, 15:29)JJ_1 Wrote:
(2021-06-10, 06:49)CIR-Engineering Wrote: Funkd, I modified your skin based on pfp-az's insights to fix the movie runtime not showing properly and my research to make it work in Matrix.  To help others I am putting a link to the modified skin on my web page.  Please reply to this thread if you want me to take it down or feel free to take it and update your page.  Thanks for all you have done with this over the years and I still hope you somehow make time to keep maintaining this skin.  I'm tell you, sleep is for the weak and is over rated Wink

Kind regards,
craigr
I have installd Kodi from Esturay and tried to install the Aeon Scope Nox zip file but i get an error.

Kind regards
JJ_1
Now i istalled 19.0 first than the skin than 19.1
And it works.
If anybody know how i can switch the scope mask wit key or with json comand.
Please help me.

JJ_1

RE: ScopeNox - Aeon Nox for 2.35/Scope Projector Screens (Zoomed CIH) - craigr - 2021-06-14

Kind regards,
craigr

Kind regards
JJ_1
It sounds like you did it correctly. You need to drop back to Estuary, install Matrix, and then install Scope Nox. I will double check the file I uploaded to make sure I uploaded the correct one. I had some trouble with my browser caching the download so maybe I messed up and it’s the wrong file. I’ll write back after I have a chance to check today.

EDIT: I checked the file on my server and it is correct.

I know I did the above and it worked on two of my Kodi boxes and I am running Matrix 19.1 with scope nox including correct runtimes in the movie view windows.

craigr

(2021-06-14, 16:37)CIR-Engineering Wrote:

Kind regards,
craigr

Kind regards
JJ_1
It sounds like you did it correctly. You need to drop back to Estuary, install Matrix, and then install Scope Nox. I will double check the file I uploaded to make sure I uploaded the correct one. I had some trouble with my browser caching the download so maybe I messed up and it’s the wrong file. I’ll write back after I have a chance to check today.

I know I did the above and it worked on two of my Kodi boxes and I am running Matrix 19.1 with scope nox including correct runtimes in the movie view windows.

craigr
The file ist ok . The runtime works.
I tried again on 19.1 on two HTPC. It does not work. Only on 19.0.
So must go back to 19.0 and upgrade after the skin again.

JJ_1