Kodi Community Forum
Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Tips, tricks, and step by step guides (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Thread: Win HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players ISO Menus (/showthread.php?tid=229692)

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - querschnitt - 2019-01-01

I also had it checked for 1080p and 720p . I just like to use it for everything Smile 

I also tried MPC-HC but it also didn't work.

I uninstalled 416.81 with the DDU and reinstalled it again. Now it works again (with the same settings) 

So i assume something was messed up. 

happy new year!

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - brazen1 - 2019-01-01

Thought I'd pass on a little info regarding using KODI's add-on for uploading debug log file.  If you get the error the file exceeds 1MB, turn off 'auto update library' in KODI settings.
That said, I'm going to upload my debug in the forum for the external player not updating status problem in LEIA hoping a dev sees it and perhaps addresses it.  I'm not going through the whole GitHub thing with it.  If someone else wants to… have at it.  Happy new year folks!

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - zxaura1 - 2019-01-01

Thanks @brazen1 and Happy New Year.

I posted here and Warner306 answered me to post the issue with a debug log on the bug tracker. Can you plz do it and give us the link where your post/upload is, so I and others can contribute?

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - brazen1 - 2019-01-01

I can't.  My browser is no longer supported and I'm not installing a new browser just to make 1 post someplace.  That's why I asked for a little help.  I posted in the forum here if you want to follow my lead https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338894

If not, maybe someone else will step up and lend a hand.  At the very least, a few 'me too' might encourage a dev once he sees others are affected.  Starring the thread helps too afaik.

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - zxaura1 - 2019-01-02

(2019-01-01, 21:49)brazen1 Wrote: I can't.  My browser is no longer supported and I'm not installing a new browser just to make 1 post someplace.  That's why I asked for a little help.  I posted in the forum here if you want to follow my lead https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338894

If not, maybe someone else will step up and lend a hand.  At the very least, a few 'me too' might encourage a dev once he sees others are affected.  Starring the thread helps too afaik.
 Thank you @brazen1. I already followed and posted in your thread.
If you have the time to give me instructions how I can post this bug to the proper place, plz do. I have already installed the three major browsers.
If here is not the right place, plz pm me.

*EDIT: I think I did it. I copied your post and debug log here

*EDIT 2: And they closed the issue because it has been already reported here. But I can not understand from the answers if it is fixed or not.

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - brazen1 - 2019-01-02

The fix is coming in LEIA v.18 RC 5 afaict.

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - romandesign - 2019-01-02

(2018-12-31, 20:33)brazen1 Wrote: I've extended myself to you if you find it too complicated but if it's a matter of time or you find it too cumbersome, I'm not your guy. 

Thanks a lot for your help, it did clarify things for me. In the end I've fixed the aspect ratio issue by editing MKV header files. So it looks like the full resolution is played now. However I don't see any difference in the final appearance, and no difference between quality in half-resolution or full resolution TAB files. PowerDVD has the same quality, but somehow less 3D depth effect. but as I don't see more detail and still see same moire and slight jagginess, I now suspect that they are due to the Nvidia 3D checkmark enabled. As soon as I turn it off - all fonts and lines become ugly, I'm not sure if resolution is lost or anything else is happening, but everything just looks bad. Not blurred, but a bit chaotic in lines and shapes, as though it's upscaled and downscaled badly or something like that. Is resolution lost this way? Not sure, all pixels are there but they are arranges in a weird way. It's hard to describe when you're not seeing it. It may be related to what I perceive a s resolution loss. Nvidia is not supposed to lose resolution, but when I enable same checkmark on my other computer with older Nvidia card and 120Hz 3D Vision monitor - everything stays the same, no ugly fonts etc. But when I enable 1080p24 3D in my GTPC with 1050ti - I get this ugliness on the projector. IT may be the Nvidia card or the projector that's doing it, not sure...

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - lynxstrike - 2019-01-03

Happy holidays everybody!

@brazen1 

Thank you for all your hard work on playing HDR content with Kodi.
I followed your guide and everything worked out flawlessly!

Sincerely,
Oscar

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - brazen1 - 2019-01-03

lynxstrike,
Success testimonials and feedback are always a breath of fresh air.  Thank you for the reply.  I do this to try and be helpful and give back to the community as do many other contributors.  I don't know what I have to do to 'earn' a thumbs up rep point anywhere on the internet but perhaps you could star rate this thread located at the top right of the page?  Thank you again.  It's nice incentive.

romandesign,
So it indeed was a header edit to get your TAB rendering correctly.  Good.  So, HTAB and FTAB look no different to you?  A different PC using a different video card with a different display also produces a different result.  Different players also result in poor playback.  Imo, it has nothing to do with video cards or PC used nor which player and it's going to come down to the display capability and\or the differences in settings between your two test beds.  To try and narrow down your culprit(s) use the KISS method and graduate from there.  Provided your source is decent, it should look decent.  So, using a common source file what happens?  Here is a test file https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwxFVkl63-lET0czejJBVXJLSkE/view  playable through your browser.  It is only HTAB but sufficient for diagnosing and I just played and checked it out.  Adjust the gear at bottom for 1080p resolution, click the play buttom and put your display into 3D TAB.  There should be no cross talk.  No jagged lines.  None of what you describe.  If it plays back ok, you can d/l it and play through another player for further diagnosing.  If it doesn't play ok, have a look at your PJ settings.  If you're still at a loss, I once again suggest teamviewer to review your settings.

P.S.  It would be helpful if you guys would put your specs in your signature so myself and others know what we're up against.

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - menelo - 2019-01-05

Happy new year!

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - brazen1 - 2019-01-06

External players are now updating watched status and has been fixed in LEIA v.18.  Thanks to all involved.

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - leighdog - 2019-01-07

I can't seem to find an answer to what I'm looking for and this is the closest thread to what I' trying to do so it goes. I have all ways run Linux over windows for Kodi as I never had need for disc play back. I do not have time to rip all my DVD and BD so I bought Power DVD 18 I can get it up and running as an external player with out the .bat file. What is the advantage of the .bat file? With out it I see Power DVD then it goes to the movie when I stop play back again Power DVD then I press a button on my remote mapped with Alt-F4 back to Kodi then ok. Will the .bat file automate this for me in any why?

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - Mount81 - 2019-01-07

(2019-01-07, 16:11)leighdog Wrote: I can't seem to find an answer to what I'm looking for and this is the closest thread to what I' trying to do so it goes. I have all ways run Linux over windows for Kodi as I never had need for disc play back. I do not have time to rip all my DVD and BD so I bought Power DVD 18 I can get it up and running as an external player with out the .bat file. What is the advantage of the .bat file? With out it I see Power DVD then it goes to the movie when I stop play back again Power DVD then I press a button on my remote mapped with Alt-F4 back to Kodi then ok. Will the .bat file automate this for me in any why?
What kind of ".bat file" are you referring to?

RE: HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players - leighdog - 2019-01-07

I was thinking of some thing like this!

Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:BD=%

:playBD
"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD15\PowerDVD.exe" D:

GOTO end

:end
exit

Sorry is I'm not good with .bat file's I peace together what I can find and then go from there!