Kodi Community Forum
IARL - Deprecated - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Game Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=291)
+---- Thread: IARL - Deprecated (/showthread.php?tid=231339)

RE: Internet Archive ROM Launcher - zachmorris - 2016-11-03

(2016-10-31, 09:05)Solo0815 Wrote: Adding "Best of XYZ" to favourites does work, but on open nothing happens

I'm not able to reproduce this. Do you have a log when attempting to open the favorite?

RE: Internet Archive ROM Launcher - Solo0815 - 2016-11-04

After deleting and re-adding "Best of XYZ" to favourites, it worked.

There was an error with WindowID 822 before. I don't know, why it didn't work before.

RE: Internet Archive ROM Launcher - zachmorris - 2016-11-08

(2016-11-03, 04:10)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 00:36)ScottMU Wrote: Hi,

I'm running IARL on LibreELEC, I've mostly gotten it working great but I'm having an issue with PSX/Dreamcast games and pretty much anything compressed as a .7z files.

I'll give the new libreelec builds a try and see if I can figure out what the issue is. 7zip is a pain in the @ss Undecided

I tried PSX and Dreamcast in LibreElec. Both are 7zip archives and both I could get to work. I couldn't reproduce the issue. Keep in mind that PSX requires login credentials for archive.org.

RE: Internet Archive ROM Launcher - ScottMU - 2016-11-08

(2016-11-08, 01:28)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-11-03, 04:10)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-11-02, 00:36)ScottMU Wrote: Hi,

I'm running IARL on LibreELEC, I've mostly gotten it working great but I'm having an issue with PSX/Dreamcast games and pretty much anything compressed as a .7z files.

I'll give the new libreelec builds a try and see if I can figure out what the issue is. 7zip is a pain in the @ss Undecided

I tried PSX and Dreamcast in LibreElec. Both are 7zip archives and both I could get to work. I couldn't reproduce the issue. Keep in mind that PSX requires login credentials for archive.org.

Hmmm, strange one then. I have entered archive.org credentials etc, Updated to latest LibreELEC and still the same issue. I'll have a play around see if it's something stupid I've forgotten to do but I'm pretty stumped.

Nope, everything seems fine, it's strange. Everything else works fine.

(2016-11-08, 03:00)ScottMU Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 01:28)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-11-03, 04:10)zachmorris Wrote: I'll give the new libreelec builds a try and see if I can figure out what the issue is. 7zip is a pain in the @ss Undecided

Hmmm, strange one then. I have entered archive.org credentials etc, Updated to latest LibreELEC and still the same issue. I'll have a play around see if it's something stupid I've forgotten to do but I'm pretty stumped.

(2016-11-08, 03:06)ScottMU Wrote: Nope, everything seems fine, it's strange. Everything else works fine.

(2016-11-08, 03:00)ScottMU Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 01:28)zachmorris Wrote: I tried PSX and Dreamcast in LibreElec. Both are 7zip archives and both I could get to work. I couldn't reproduce the issue. Keep in mind that PSX requires login credentials for archive.org.

You can turn on debug logging, it provides a little more info.
For troubleshooting, the 7zip binary is provided in my addon and is located at:
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/bin/7za

The addon should pick the binary 7za.Nix or 7za.x86_64 depending on your build. You can try sshing in and just running it from the command line to see if there's an error. If I had to guess, maybe there's a permissions error. If thats the case, you can just run
Code:
chmod a+x /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/bin/7za/*

But I just tried this with a fresh version of escalades LibreElec community build and had no problems.

(2016-11-08, 03:28)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 03:06)ScottMU Wrote: Nope, everything seems fine, it's strange. Everything else works fine.

(2016-11-08, 03:00)ScottMU Wrote: Hmmm, strange one then. I have entered archive.org credentials etc, Updated to latest LibreELEC and still the same issue. I'll have a play around see if it's something stupid I've forgotten to do but I'm pretty stumped.

You can turn on debug logging, it provides a little more info.
For troubleshooting, the 7zip binary is provided in my addon and is located at:
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/bin/7za

The addon should pick the binary 7za.Nix or 7za.x86_64 depending on your build. You can try sshing in and just running it from the command line to see if there's an error. If I had to guess, maybe there's a permissions error. If thats the case, you can just run
Code:
chmod a+x /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iarl/resources/bin/7za/*

But I just tried this with a fresh version of escalades LibreElec community build and had no problems.

Thanks, tried this as well but no joy. I'm thinking maybe my build of LibreELEC doesn't support the .7za binary. Possibly due to the fact that I'm running Kzaqs build from an Amlogic s805 device.

Guess I'm out of luck on this one, everything other than .7z compressed ROM's works a treat though so It's not all bad!

(2016-11-08, 06:18)ScottMU Wrote: Guess I'm out of luck on this one, everything other than .7z compressed ROM's works a treat though so It's not all bad!

Thats probably the problem. I'm not familiar with that box. There are several flavors of 7zip in the same folder. One of the ARM versions may work? If so, you can probably just copy the working one and rename it to match the nix name.

This will hopefully no longer be a problem when Kodi can support 7zip.

(2016-11-08, 07:31)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 06:18)ScottMU Wrote: Guess I'm out of luck on this one, everything other than .7z compressed ROM's works a treat though so It's not all bad!

Thats probably the problem. I'm not familiar with that box. There are several flavors of 7zip in the same folder. One of the ARM versions may work? If so, you can probably just copy the working one and rename it to match the nix name.

This will hopefully no longer be a problem when Kodi can support 7zip.

I tried renaming the ARM files in the folder to '7za.Nix' but still nothing I'm afraid. I'm stumped with this one. Annoyingly though I bet there is an easy fix somewhere.

Is there any way to bypass the extraction and just make it launch the .7z directly from Retroarch??

I ask because I just launched the ISO that I downloaded through IARL directly from Retroarch without issue? Is it possible to maybe edit the Post Download action within the DAT file for each ROM collection that uses 7z files to bypass the extraction part?

RE: Internet Archive ROM Launcher - zachmorris - 2016-11-10

(2016-11-08, 09:53)ScottMU Wrote: Is there any way to bypass the extraction and just make it launch the .7z directly from Retroarch??

I ask because I just launched the ISO that I downloaded through IARL directly from Retroarch without issue? Is it possible to maybe edit the Post Download action within the DAT file for each ROM collection that uses 7z files to bypass the extraction part?

I gave that a try, but at least in linux Retroarch couldn't load the 7zip file directly.
At any rate, you can change that by opening up the game archive file located here:
Code:
..path_to_kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/dat_files
and change the line near the top of the file to:
Code:
<emu_postdlaction>none</emu_postdlaction>

Currently, the post dl action will unzip the file and create an M3U file to load in retroarch, which is particularly useful for multi disk games.

RE: Internet Archive ROM Launcher - ScottMU - 2016-11-10

(2016-11-10, 01:32)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-11-08, 09:53)ScottMU Wrote: Is there any way to bypass the extraction and just make it launch the .7z directly from Retroarch??

I gave that a try, but at least in linux Retroarch couldn't load the 7zip file directly.
At any rate, you can change that by opening up the game archive file located here:
Code:
..path_to_kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iarl/dat_files
and change the line near the top of the file to:
Code:
<emu_postdlaction>none</emu_postdlaction>

Currently, the post dl action will unzip the file and create an M3U file to load in retroarch, which is particularly useful for multi disk games.

Thanks for the reply. Still nothing I'm afraid Sad It downloaded as it should but then did nothing, just remained on the game information page.

I've sent you a PM...

RE: Internet Archive ROM Launcher - ScottMU - 2016-11-10

Scratch that about the PM, it's saying I don't have permission.

Was basically going to ask how willing you are to toy with supporting other systems such as the one I'm using, my friend and I are really wanting to get this all working properly and are more than happy to send you some of the hardware to tinker with if it's something you'd be able to look at?

It's basically an MXQ box powered by an Amlogic s805 CPU running LibreELEC ported by Kszaq.

RE: Internet Archive ROM Launcher - zachmorris - 2016-11-10

(2016-11-10, 16:52)ScottMU Wrote: Scratch that about the PM, it's saying I don't have permission.

Was basically going to ask how willing you are to toy with supporting other systems such as the one I'm using, my friend and I are really wanting to get this all working properly and are more than happy to send you some of the hardware to tinker with if it's something you'd be able to look at?

It's basically an MXQ box powered by an Amlogic s805 CPU running LibreELEC ported by Kszaq.

I did some more research and I think I've found a solution for all LibreElec / OpenElec users regardless of platform. Just to verify, if you go into Kodi System>Settings>Addons>Search and search for 'system tools', can you verify you see 'Script - System Tools' available?

Thanks,
Zach

RE: Internet Archive ROM Launcher - ScottMU - 2016-11-11

(2016-11-10, 21:27)zachmorris Wrote:
(2016-11-10, 16:52)ScottMU Wrote: Scratch that about the PM, it's saying I don't have permission.

I did some more research and I think I've found a solution for all LibreElec / OpenElec users regardless of platform. Just to verify, if you go into Kodi System>Settings>Addons>Search and search for 'system tools', can you verify you see 'Script - System Tools' available?

Thanks,
Zach

Found it but it's not installed, should I install?