Kodi Community Forum
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server (/showthread.php?tid=231955)

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - wwessel - 2015-09-22

fritsch: I tried your latest OE build on my Celeron Chromebox and it's absolutely fantastic. No more bandings, perfect sync, I'm really happy with it Smile

When you're going to Bonn or nearby give me a short message. You'll get a couple of beer... Wink

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - Sunflux - 2015-09-23

"AdjustRefreshrate: Switch to higher resolution"

Hey, now that's something I was arguing to get implemented quite a while ago! Is the basic purpose to switch back and forth from a general "1080p" resolution and 4k for 4k stuff?

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - fritsch - 2015-09-23

(2015-09-23, 00:59)Sunflux Wrote: "AdjustRefreshrate: Switch to higher resolution"

Hey, now that's something I was arguing to get implemented quite a while ago! Is the basic purpose to switch back and forth from a general "1080p" resolution and 4k for 4k stuff?
Yes.

(2015-09-22, 22:47)BigL-New Wrote: With today's ppa version bug with audio starting to play before changing display refresh rate is gone, thanks :-)

But there is still bug with floating audio when "Synchronise audio playback to display" is enabled.
No Debug Log no issue.

(2015-09-23, 06:28)fritsch Wrote:
(2015-09-23, 00:59)Sunflux Wrote: "AdjustRefreshrate: Switch to higher resolution"

Yes.

Neat. Don't see much discussion of it in the forums, but that'll be a major reason for me to try out the betas of OpenElec / Kodi 16.0 when they're out.

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - Matt Devo - 2015-09-23

(2015-09-23, 06:48)Sunflux Wrote: Neat. Don't see much discussion of it in the forums, but that'll be a major reason for me to try out the betas of OpenElec / Kodi 16.0 when they're out.

because it's only implemented in the testing versions being discussed in this thread, not in the mainline betas

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - exploit - 2015-09-23

Cool!
Just have KODI ppa: updated and PVR IPTVsimple works great.

Ah. Only other vague reference is the patch being included in a Pi test thread, and a Nvidia/Legacy test thread. I remember you commenting on the logic difficulty of dealing with odd-sized video resolutions and PARs. Will be interesting to learn more about it in future.

Right now, I have a button on my remote that runs a script to change resolution to 4k and then back again.

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - zoing - 2015-09-23

Did someone encounter this behavior?
I have perfect sync with AC3 Audio on an 25 fps or 23.976 fps movie.
But with an movie with DTS Audio I get a delay of approximately 225ms.
I also turned on and off the "synchronise audioplayback to display" but still the same.
Tested with the ppa from yesterday with an Pioneer AVR and Samsung TV.

Haven't seen a sync delay only on one audio format. The typical symptom is all 23.976 fps content (25fps and higher are fine) require a delay of around 175ms regardless of audio format (DD/DTS/AAC/MP3). I don't think Kodi does this delay by default yet, but OpenElec does. Except for the test version in this thread, which had it removed, although it may go back again.

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - knives of ice - 2015-09-23

have been using one of these test files for a few weeks now. decided today to update to one of the newer openelec builds found in the first thread. i was having some graphical glitches on the newest file so i tried to rollback to the day before's file the 21st.

now, i have no idea why but this file i loaded i can't do anything. my chromebox boots up just fine but after this it is locked. plugging in a keyboard directly i get no response trying to arrow across menus. my bluetooth remote has no response. no response via flirc either. i can't login to the static ip of the box, it appears the box won't connect to the internet. it shows as offline on the yatse android remote app as well.

i am just a novice compared to others in this thread can anyone tell me what i should do to get my box up and running again? i usually use winscp to get into the box and load files but i can't connect via anyway i'm used to.

any help would be much appreciated

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - exploit - 2015-09-23

Currently running Ubuntu 15.04 with default 3.19.0-28 kernel on Intel NUC5CPYH mini PC
Is it worth to update kernel up to 4.1 as described at first page in post #2
Huh
TIA

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - wwessel - 2015-09-23

Curious: In the latest OE build (09/22) a new DB Version is used: MyVideos97. The build from 09/17 uses MyVideos96 though both builds have the same Kodi Version (Jarvis Alpha 3)?

RE: New Era: VAAPI with EGL interoperation - sat4all - 2015-09-23

(2015-09-23, 08:12)zoing Wrote: Did someone encounter this behavior?
I have perfect sync with AC3 Audio on an 25 fps or 23.976 fps movie.
But with an movie with DTS Audio I get a delay of approximately 225ms.
I also turned on and off the "synchronise audioplayback to display" but still the same.
Tested with the ppa from yesterday with an Pioneer AVR and Samsung TV.

Yeah i've reported that couple of posts ago Post: #999 ,but for me ac3 or dts doesn't matter.
btw with yesterday latest build the problem still there.

New build online. This time whenever Sync Playback to Display is activated - passthrough audio is disabled ... and PCM out is used.