Kodi Community Forum
Beta [Krypton] bit(ten) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: Beta [Krypton] bit(ten) (/showthread.php?tid=232307)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[Krypton] bit(ten) - ZexisStryfe - 2015-07-16

Disclaimer- This skin is currently for KRYPTON builds only.

Hello everyone!

Bit(ten) BETA is here!

Bit(ten) is the evolution of my metroTV skin. This skin is being created and designed utilizing the Window 10 design specifications and merging that with several of the design elements of more modern Kodi skins and concepts. With the initial release expect to have all the functionality of the metroTV skin, and then some. The skin is intended to be customizable- it has the ability to change tiles (and create custom ones), change accent colors, and support for different add-ons such as RCB, TVTunes, TraktTV, ExtendedInfo, and Artwork Downloader.

Currently the skin only supports English.

Please remember this is a BETA release! Please give your feedback because without it, I cannot make the skin better! That said, this BETA will likely be the only release for KODI Krypton.

Downloads

GitHub- skin.bitten download
GitHub- resource.uisounds.bitten download

Dependancies

- Global Search
- Skin Widgets
- Rom Collection Browser
- Studio White Image Resource
- Weather Icons White Image Resource
- Record Label White Image Resource
- Single Weather Fanart Image Resource

watch gallery

RE: bit(ten) - ZexisStryfe - 2015-07-16

**reserved for more information **

RE: bit(ten) - deiniol39 - 2015-07-16

I like it.. Everything seems to stand out well..

RE: bit(ten) - Slack8182 - 2015-07-16

Is there a download link to try this skin?

RE: bit(ten) - Martijn - 2015-07-16

Looks great

RE: bit(ten) - ZexisStryfe - 2015-07-17

(2015-07-16, 17:50)Slack8182 Wrote: Is there a download link to try this skin?

No link yet. I am not going to release if for beta testing until it is fully baked. To be honest, it is already about 70% done, so it should be too long.

(2015-07-16, 17:52)Martijn Wrote: Looks great

Thank Martijn!

Two things to wet your whistles with-

You can now add a tile right from the home screen (any tile can go in any section)

And ALL the home menu sections are fully customizable (and can be hidden, including the profile, search and settings buttons!)

RE: bit(ten) - Saner - 2015-07-17

Looks great! Big Grincant wait to give it a spin

RE: bit(ten) - ederson - 2015-07-17

very nice
I like it a lot

RE: bit(ten) - heatTV - 2015-07-17

Very nice, and finally a welcome message! any chance you could give us the option to customize it? my parents use Kodi and sometimes have issues navigating through the skins, I liked to be able to add in a tutorial in the very beginning when they boot it up.

RE: bit(ten) - calhaus - 2015-07-22

Cool! Smile

RE: bit(ten) - bsoriano - 2015-07-23

This looks really good! Thank you and I hope to try it soon!

Regards,

Bart

RE: bit(ten) - enen92 - 2015-07-23

It's looking really great. Are you developing it with touch support also in mind or is it remote only?

RE: bit(ten) - ZexisStryfe - 2015-07-23

(2015-07-23, 15:59)enen92 Wrote: It's looking really great. Are you developing it with touch support also in mind or is it remote only?

Remote primary, however it should be largely functional for touch as well. If you are a touch user, once I release the beta i would appreciate it if you tested it out and let me know where you have issues (I don't have a touch device to test it with).

RE: bit(ten) - enen92 - 2015-07-23

(2015-07-23, 16:06)ZexisStryfe Wrote:
(2015-07-23, 15:59)enen92 Wrote: It's looking really great. Are you developing it with touch support also in mind or is it remote only?

Remote primary, however it should be largely functional for touch as well. If you are a touch user, once I release the beta i would appreciate it if you tested it out and let me know where you have issues (I don't have a touch device to test it with).

Sure I can and I'm happy to test. I'm also primarily a remote control user, however I couldn't find yet a skin that I like for my phone. Most of them have a lot of wraplists/lists and that usually bring up some issues with touch controls. They work but they are hard to contol. This one seems to have it all, at least in certain views Smile
Really nice work.

RE: bit(ten) - ZexisStryfe - 2015-07-23

Thanks. Yeah, I try to have different view types for those reasons. All the views may not work, but you definitely be able to find some that fit your needs.