Kodi Community Forum
Linux Win7+Airparrot2 cannot connect to OpenElec Airplay - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Linux (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Linux Win7+Airparrot2 cannot connect to OpenElec Airplay (/showthread.php?tid=232388)

Win7+Airparrot2 cannot connect to OpenElec Airplay - perkins - 2015-07-17

Hi,

I posted my problem to OpenELEC site, but they pointed me to to ask from Kodi -forums.

I have a problem that I´ve been wondering a lot. I have a desktop PC with Win7 with Airparrot2. I have used it to connect my PC audio to AV-receiver by Airplay. It´s been working well, no problems. At the moment I´m thinking to get rid of the AV-receiver, so I started to study how the AirPlay works in OpenElec. I got OpenElec 5.0.8 running on Intel NUC celeron (DCCP847DYE).

So my problem is that the AirParrot on Windows can notice that OE AirPlay is available (same way as the receiver AirPlay), but it failes to connect to it (red circle appear on front of the AirPlay network name). The connection to receiver AirPlay works normally.

So I´m little bit confused with the situation. How the AirPlay connection works with the receiver, but not with the OpenElec.

I have tested:
- Removed the AV-receiver from LAN network. (thought that it would mix up the AirPlay connection with OE) -> not a solution.
- Changed the router to different type of router (thinking that, maybe there is something) -> not a solution.
- Installed a Kodi (win) to my laptop and tried to connect to it from my desktop PC. Same problem -> not a solution.
- I installed Airparrot to my laptop pc and it has the same connection problem as the desktop pc.
- I have tried to shut down the win firewalls and open the ports manually -> not a solution
- I have tried to shut down the Norton firewalls and open the ports manually -> not a solution
- Tried to installa OE 4.2.1, but same problem was with that version.

This makes it little bit weird:
- I can connect to OpenElec AirPlay with iPad and iPhone. They are in the same network as the desktop PC.
- I can send a mp3 file through Airparrot and it´s played in OpenElec.

So if somebody has good ideas or advise what to try next, I would be very happy.
How the AV-receiver AirPlay network traffic differs from the OE AirPlay network traffic? Is there something that doesn´t work out with my PC+airparrot.

-thanks

RE: Win7+Airparrot2 cannot connect to OpenElec Airplay - perkins - 2015-07-19

I found a 78€ solution into AirPlay problem. I bought AppleTV to stream AirPlay from PC through AirParrot.

Win7+Airparrot2 cannot connect to OpenElec Airplay - Memphiz - 2015-07-20

kodi doesn't support airplay mirroring...

RE: Win7+Airparrot2 cannot connect to OpenElec Airplay - perkins - 2015-07-21

(2015-07-20, 20:05)Memphiz Wrote: kodi doesn't support airplay mirroring...

I know. But it is possible to choose between just audio and audio+screen in Airparrot.

Win7+Airparrot2 cannot connect to OpenElec Airplay - Memphiz - 2015-07-21

Well as audio works with iTunes (which is THE reference) i think its something that airparrot uses that we Don't support - at the end it is something that needs to be Fixed in the thirdparty Library "libshairplay" - but airparrot is not Free so i think those Things won't be Looked into soon.

RE: Win7+Airparrot2 cannot connect to OpenElec Airplay - perkins - 2015-07-21

(2015-07-21, 08:26)Memphiz Wrote: Well as audio works with iTunes (which is THE reference) i think its something that airparrot uses that we Don't support - at the end it is something that needs to be Fixed in the thirdparty Library "libshairplay" - but airparrot is not Free so i think those Things won't be Looked into soon.

Yeah I noticed that the Kodi AirPlay worked with Apple products (iPhone, iPad etc). Seems that there is some kind on conflict with the Airparrot. But then again the Airparrot works with my receiver Airplay (and with AppleTV). Quite difficult situation which would need thorough investigating before can be said where is the actual issue.

But I solved it with the AppleTV, which I use for Airplay. Cheeper solution than buying a Mac (which would most likely work perfectly with Kodi Airplay).