Kodi Community Forum
Tasks add-on (Google Calendar) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Tasks add-on (Google Calendar) (/showthread.php?tid=233731)

Tasks add-on (Google Calendar) - ykamchi - 2015-07-30

Tasks Add-On
===========
This add-on will connect to your google calendar in a way that you would be able to brows your calendar and edit it.

watch gallery

Features:
1. Multi users (one at a time)
2. Day/Week/Month/Custom view
3. Color schemes (editable for advanced users)
4. Add/Edit/Delete events

Open issues:
1. Tabs are not well defined, so it is better to have a mouse until further notice
2. Some focus selections are missing
3. Time Zone selection list can be scrolled, but there is no visible scroll bar

Need assistance with development… so, if you can, please e-mail me on [email protected]

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1r85oybtd0k0hj/plugin.program.tasks.zip?dl=0

Install:
Just "install from zip" or extract the zip to your add-on directory. It is recommended to setup a username in the settings, this will enable multi user support.
When you first use the plugin, it will lunch your browser to get your google account acceptances.

Thoughts of features - Add popups to Kodi with notifications about upcoming events

Fix for better login (Dec 4th, 2015) - This will be much easy to use. When you open the plugin, you will prompt on your default browser to accept the access to your google account. After clicking accept, copy the code and paste it to Kodi. Note that you should set a user name on the plugin settings before!

Thx,
Yohay

RE: Tasks add-on (Google Calendar) - archie456 - 2015-09-16

Hi,

I've just found this, and would like to give it a go, I'm been looking for a Google Calendar plugin for ages.

I've installed it, but when I run it, I get a message about setting a username - where do I do that?

After I click OK it pops up with a Google authorisation web page, after I authorise it Kodi give the message 'Tasks Error, check log'.

When I run the plugin again I get the same authorisation request and error.

Any ideas?

RE: Tasks add-on (Google Calendar) - ykamchi - 2015-09-19

archie,

please send me kodi log, so I will be able to assist...

Thx,
Yohay

RE: Tasks add-on (Google Calendar) - qcontinuum1701 - 2015-10-05

Yohay,
I installed the plugin but after I created an user name it just sits there at 'working'. This is on a raspberry pi b+ with all of the latest updates. Any suggestions?

RE: Tasks add-on (Google Calendar) - ykamchi - 2015-12-04

All,

Please check the new version (with a better secured and working login).

I would appreciate your feedback here (working or not_working).

Fix for better login (Dec 4th, 2015) - This will be much easy to use. When you open the plugin, you will prompt on your default browser to accept the access to your google account. After clicking accept, copy the code and paste it to Kodi. Note that you should set a user name on the plugin settings before!

Thx,
Yohay

RE: Tasks add-on (Google Calendar) - vor0nwe - 2016-02-26

Hi Yohay,

Is there an alternative way of inputting the code? Like writing it to a config file in the addon's directory, or something?
I'm running Kodi on my Raspberry Pi 2 connected to my TV, and the only way to enter things is via the remote.
That code generated by Google is HUGE, and I did try entering it once (took me 10 minutes), but then I still got a notification that the tasks plugin had failed. :-(

RE: Tasks add-on (Google Calendar) - docwra - 2018-12-24

@ykamchi this seems broken on the latest nightlies version of Kodi.

Any chance of an update? I would really like a nice Google Calendar Add-on to work.

php:
11:32:13.644 T:9340   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot import name util
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\nucextreme\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.tasks\default.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                import utils
                                              File "C:\Users\nucextreme\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.tasks\utils.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                import calendarutils
                                              File "C:\Users\nucextreme\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.tasks\calendarutils.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                from googleapiclient import discovery
                                              File "C:\Users\nucextreme\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.tasks\resources\lib\googleapiclient\discovery.py", line 53, in <module>
                                                from googleapiclient.errors import HttpError
                                              File "C:\Users\nucextreme\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.tasks\resources\lib\googleapiclient\errors.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                from oauth2client import util
                                            ImportError: cannot import name util
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:32:13.658 T:7452   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.tasks/
11:32:13.663 T:2044   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.tasks/) failed
11:32:33.549 T:2044   ERROR: Control 55 in window 10001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
11:32:34.100 T:9320   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot import name util
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\nucextreme\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.tasks\default.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                import utils
                                              File "C:\Users\nucextreme\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.tasks\utils.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                import calendarutils
                                              File "C:\Users\nucextreme\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.tasks\calendarutils.py", line 17, in <module>
                                                from googleapiclient import discovery
                                              File "C:\Users\nucextreme\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.tasks\resources\lib\googleapiclient\discovery.py", line 53, in <module>
                                                from googleapiclient.errors import HttpError
                                              File "C:\Users\nucextreme\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.program.tasks\resources\lib\googleapiclient\errors.py", line 26, in <module>
                                                from oauth2client import util
                                            ImportError: cannot import name util
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
11:32:34.103 T:2408   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.program.tasks/
11:32:34.114 T:2044   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.program.tasks/) failed

EDIT: Looks like google made a nice APi improvement recently for Calendars https://developers.google.com/calendar/quickstart/python