Kodi Community Forum
Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Python and MythTV (a MythTV Front-End) (/showthread.php?tid=2349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

- rubenonrye - 2005-01-22

Quote:1- i can see my previously recorded shows, including the png's, sizes..etc, but when i select "play", i get some crazy techno sounding stuff from the speakers, and no video (doesnt change screens...just stays on the same screen)
you need a card that can record mpeg2 video(a dvb or ivtv-driver based card) for these scripts to work.

Quote:2- when i use the program guide, i can see the program listings but i can't do anything past that (clicking does nothing).
i'm not sure what version you have from cvs, but in the most current version(at least as of tues or so), pushing the red button should start live tv on that channel and pushing the select button shold bring up the 'schedule recording' dialog for that program. try updating and see if it works.
Quote:3- when i try livetv i get an sql error (logs below)
i am using a wintv-go card (read: software) and have tried various transcoding settings after recording (as well as no transcodings).
do you per chance not have any recordings scheduled in mythtv? this looks like a bug in the sql statment that appears if there are no recordings. try adding a recording and let me know if it works after that. (i'll put the fix in cvs shortly)

you're not going to ba able to play any video from xbmc if you use the nupplevideo encoding stuff in mythtv though, you need a card that can record mpeg2 (unless you want to patch the xbmc mplayer to support it)

- boota - 2005-01-22

rubenonrye,

thanks for the quick reply. to newegg i go! ;-)

this look very promissing. i appreciate the hard work you guys have put in!

thanks

- smurf2 - 2005-01-23

hello

maybe some ppl missed beowulfs comments towards the bottom of page 11 but ... there's a patch availble for mplayer to play the mpeg nuv files this link is from, beowulfs post

http://dijkstra.csh.rit.edu/~mdz/mythtv/

beowulf also offered the patched mplayer dll's so all you would need to do to play and mythtv files is to copy the mplayer dll over the top of the current one in xbmc and it will work

beowulf wanted someone to host the files i am willing to host them but he hasn't replied to me yet

if someone has the sources and knows how to patch or if beowulf raises his head maybe we can get more functionality happening apart from the funky pop music that currently happens

latz mary

- iawia - 2005-01-23

(smurf2 @ jan. 23 2005,01:12 Wrote:hello

if someone has the sources and knows how to patch or if beowulf raises his head maybe we can get more functionality happening apart from the funky pop music that currently happens
i did this last week, to a then-current cvs checkout of xbmc/mplayer. it seems to work, but i haven't tested very extensively. there were definitively problems with ff/fw, though.

if anyone wants to try, download from  http://www.lagerweij.com/xbmc/mplayerdll.zip
as long as there's not too many people downloading it (it's only my home adsl line) i'll keep it there.

wouter

- scottymac - 2005-01-23

i have installed the latest cvs builds of xbmcmyth but i'm now getting the following error when selecting recorded shows :

23-01-2005 19:41:58 info traceback (most recent call last):
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info file "q:\scripts\mytv.py", line 39, in oncontrol
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info win = mythtvrecorded.recordedwin()
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info file "q:\scripts\mythtvrecorded.py", line 32, in
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info self.loadrecordedshows()
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info file "q:\scripts\mythtvrecorded.py", line 115, in loadrecordedshows
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info self.indexrows()
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info file "q:\scripts\mythtvrecorded.py", line 135, in indexrows
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info if recording.starttime() > self.recordings[show].starttime():
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info file "q:\scripts\mythtvprogram.py", line 135, in starttime
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info return sre.sub( "[:|\\-| ]", self.__data[11])
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info typeerror: sub() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)

any ideas ?

- smurf2 - 2005-01-24

thanx iawia for that dll it's not perfect but it's pritty close and it's better than the buzz and pops

i must admit i am having some real issues with playing live tv
a few days ago it would play a few seconds of live tv then drop back to the guide screen .i am running myth backend .16 and xbmc from the beginning of the month .what are the developers working on backend wise and xbmc wise i am just curious Smile

latz mary

- EuphoricaL - 2005-01-24

i'm running mythtv cvs as of about a month ago.
xbmc 1.1.0 release. anything later than this seems to be really unstable for me...

a few issues can make livetv crappy, but tha main solution for me is just to turn all your xbmc caches off. i run my xboxes/backend off a 802.11g bridged wifi and livetv is fine.

the reason livetv drops back to the guide is because xbmc has a cache of the livetv buffer that is old, then it starts reading the new buffer from the location at the end of the cache which doesn't exist, so it crashes. we ae working on a few ways to sort this, but the easiest way for me is just to kill the caches...

- frooby - 2005-01-24

the default network video cache size in xbmc is 8m, and the default for this livetv is nowhere close (about 500kb from what i can tell), so drop your xbmc cache to something lower, and up the livetv value to something higher than your xbmc cache and should be fine (edit the top of mythtv.py file). have been using it without any major problems fora while now.

livetv will wait till it enough of the ring buffer has been read to fill the cache, so the lower the values the quicker it will start playing live tv.

hope this helps, as when it's working it's excellent (quicker than waiting for xebian to boot!Wink

- dooze - 2005-01-25

i grabbed the latest snapshot from cvs and i've gotta say i'm impressed. the live tv stuff is working almost flawlessly now that i've tweaked the buffer size, but i have found that xbmc stops playing the stream when it hits the end of the ringbuffer, at which point the backend will have looped back to the start of the file again - it'd obviously be nice if xbmc did the same thing - does anyone know if this is possible?

nice work cleaning up the tv schedule, it was a bit of a slap-together whilst learning python to get something on-screen, and the threading issues were pretty bad.

just a few things though - i originally had the tv schedule rendering every alternate cell in the schedule grid in alternating degrees of shading, which makes it a bit easier to see what times the shows start and end at. also, any scheduled recordings where flagged with a green border (i hadn't gotten to the point of handling recording priorities when there were clashes), i'm guessing these little features were casualties of the overall cleanup, but it'd be nice to see them or something better back at some point.

i've got the day off tomorrow so i might have a tinker again, i'll post a patch if i get carried away. Smile

- rubenonrye - 2005-01-27

Quote: i originally had the tv schedule rendering every alternate cell in the schedule grid in alternating degrees of shading, which makes it a bit easier to see what times the shows start and end at.

i changed everything so that the cells got resized and moved rather than destroy and re-create each one, making it much less'choppy' when you scrolled. it was much faster to keep everything one color rather than redrawing everything in different colors.

that being said, it should be pretty easy to put back in.
Quote:also, any scheduled recordings where flagged with a green border (i hadn't gotten to the point of handling recording priorities when there were clashes)

sorry, i refactored the code that checked for all of this and moved it into a non-gui object. the changes just never made it back into the ui. this should be easy to fix though.

if you don't get to it i'll try fix it up this weekend.

- madtw - 2005-02-01

(scottymac @ jan. 23 2005,13:13 Wrote:i have installed the latest cvs builds of xbmcmyth but i'm now getting the following error when selecting recorded shows :

23-01-2005 19:41:58 info file "q:\scripts\mythtvprogram.py", line 135, in starttime
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info return sre.sub( "[:|\\-| ]", self.__data[11])
23-01-2005 19:41:58 info typeerror: sub() takes at least 3 arguments (2 given)

any ideas ?
yeah, sub was being called with too few parameters. it was missing the parameter that specifies what to replace the matched characters with. i have fixed this in cvs. you may want to just do an update on that one file though because i have started merging in skinned screens and obsoleting files that are no longer needed so the old screens may be broken. bear with us...

- scottymac - 2005-02-01

thanks for the fix which manages to bypass the previously reported error but unfortunately i'm still using mythtv 0.16 which uses protocol 13 and doesn't work at the moment. i guess it's all about being patient and waiting until more of the bugs are eradicated. i would imagine though that the majority of mythtv users are running 0.16 as it's the latest released stable version.

is there anyone out there who has managed to get the current scripts working with mythtv 0.16 ?? i read about a temporary fix in a previous post in this thread but things have moved on since then.

my current problem with the protocol is :-
01-02-2005 18:45:22 info file "q:\scripts\mythtvprogram.py", line 208, in programflags
01-02-2005 18:45:22 info raise mythtv.protocolversionexception, "unsupported call for protocol version"
01-02-2005 18:45:22 info protocolversionexception: unsupported call for protocol version

- smurf2 - 2005-02-02

hello
i am using 0.16 and have issues with playing live tv and scheduling recordings .i hope this will be fixed with imminant release of .17 sometime this week / weekend

i guess my question is a little off topic.it is the xebian install with the mythfrontend .how have you guys got the xebian install to work with the cvs / .17 with the new protocol .i would ask at the xbox mythtv frontend bbs but it was hacked and hasn't come back up yet

any help or pointers would be apreciated

latz mary

- madtw - 2005-02-02

(scottymac @ feb. 01 2005,12:11 Wrote:thanks for the fix which manages to bypass the previously reported error but unfortunately i'm still using mythtv 0.16 which uses protocol 13 and doesn't work at the moment. i guess it's all about being patient and waiting until more of the bugs are eradicated. i would imagine though that the majority of mythtv users are running 0.16 as it's the latest released stable version.

is there anyone out there who has managed to get the current scripts working with mythtv 0.16 ?? i read about a temporary fix in a previous post in this thread but things have moved on since then.

my current problem with the protocol is :-
01-02-2005 18:45:22 info file "q:\scripts\mythtvprogram.py", line 208, in programflags
01-02-2005 18:45:22 info raise mythtv.protocolversionexception, "unsupported call for protocol version"
01-02-2005 18:45:22 info protocolversionexception: unsupported call for protocol version
fyi, i am running and testing using the latest stable release (mythtv 0.16). the live tv stuff is being tested against the latest cvs build of mythtv. i have not got that stuff working on my build yet.

also, i have just been working on skinning the interfaces and adding in multilingual support. the latest cvs snapshot has skinned settings and recorded show listing/playback working. the scheduling and live tv screens are broken until they can be rewritten to use skins. this will happen over the next few days.

i ran into the problem you quoted earlier this evening. i have fixed the problem in mythtvprogram.py and checked it into cvs but once again be careful about checking out the latest stuff if you plan on trying out the live tv stuff. if you just want to see something run (without live tv, program guide, scheduling), then grab the latest and greatest cvs code.

- madtw - 2005-02-02

(smurf2 @ feb. 01 2005,16:13 Wrote:hello
i am using 0.16 and have issues with playing live tv and scheduling recordings .i hope this will be fixed with imminant release of .17 sometime this week / weekend

i guess my question is a little off topic.it is the xebian install with the mythfrontend .how have you guys got the xebian install to work with the cvs / .17 with the new protocol .i would ask at the xbox mythtv frontend bbs but it was hacked and hasn't come back up yet

any help or pointers would be apreciated

latz mary
errr, we're not running xebian... this is an alternative to the xebian myth frontend. it is written entirely in python so it can run within xbmc thereby avoiding xebian bootup times. you'll see talk about the latest protocol because we have to become intimately familiar with the latest protocol in order to implement it in python. of course, we don't know everything about the protocol, just the little bits to get the functionality we're currently working on...