Kodi Community Forum
Release HGTV Video Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release HGTV Video Addon (/showthread.php?tid=237173)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

HGTV Video Addon - learningit - 2015-08-29

Starting a new thread for the HGTV addon currently in the kodi.org repo, this is not a new addon, just a new thread.

V2.1.5 in my git:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.hgtv.canada
Has subtitles and ability to set views - see the addon settings.

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...odi_addons

You should get an "auto-update" or "update available" message, depending on your "auto-update" setting. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.

Please let me know if this works so that I can get the kodi.org repo updated.

RE: HGTV Video Addon - deeciple - 2015-10-05

So now HGTV is driving traffic to watch.hgtv.com. No more shows on the regular HGTV website AFAIK and the HGTV add-on has only one show available. Looks like you need to sign in w/ your cable provider account to access content on the new website. I would gladly do this if the HGTV add-on would support this. Any possibility of this modification being made?

RE: HGTV Video Addon - learningit - 2015-10-05

(2015-10-05, 03:22)deeciple Wrote: So now HGTV is driving traffic to watch.hgtv.com. No more shows on the regular HGTV website AFAIK and the HGTV add-on has only one show available. Looks like you need to sign in w/ your cable provider account to access content on the new website. I would gladly do this if the HGTV add-on would support this. Any possibility of this modification being made?

Maybe, maybe not. This is the third or fourth time they've changed the website and each time the content slowly comes back. It usually takes 2-3 weeks to start filling in. In the meantime, the HGTV Canada addon has nearly all the US content and much more.

I do have a versions of several of my add-ons which support cable login for personal use. There are four reasons I haven't released them: 1) there are many different cable logins to support, I currently only support four; 2) after watching what went on with a sports add-on that you need a cable id to use and the buying and selling of cable logins on e-bay, I don't want to release public code to access cable channels or have any part of that; 3) if you want a nearly seamless experience, get a fire stick and run the Android apps through Kodi for the channels you want that are on your cable subscription; 4) if you have cable and want a truly seamless live integration with Kodi, get a HD Homerun - it works really well and you can record all the latest episodes.

RE: HGTV Video Addon - billolzak - 2015-10-05

I use the HGTV Canada site but so much content is formatted at 540P which is usually quite blurry on my TV. Is there a way to see this format more clearly?

RE: HGTV Video Addon - learningit - 2015-10-05

(2015-10-05, 13:58)billolzak Wrote: I use the HGTV Canada site but so much content is formatted at 540P which is usually quite blurry on my TV. Is there a way to see this format more clearly?
Not currently as far as I am aware.

RE: HGTV Video Addon - learningit - 2015-10-07

(2015-10-05, 03:22)deeciple Wrote: So now HGTV is driving traffic to watch.hgtv.com. No more shows on the regular HGTV website AFAIK and the HGTV add-on has only one show available. Looks like you need to sign in w/ your cable provider account to access content on the new website. I would gladly do this if the HGTV add-on would support this. Any possibility of this modification being made?

As of today, the HGTV is back to the level of content it was previously. It changes every couple of months and it usually take about a week to repopulate with new shows and episodes.

RE: HGTV Video Addon - Lunatixz - 2015-10-07

(2015-10-07, 19:45)learningit Wrote:

As of today, the HGTV is back to the level of content it was previously. It changes every couple of months and it usually take about a week to repopulate with new shows and episodes.

Awesome, As always thank you!

RE: HGTV Video Addon - bry - 2015-10-07

I wonder if I should try hgtv Canada. Is it geo restricted?

RE: HGTV Video Addon - learningit - 2015-10-08

(2015-10-07, 22:36)bry- Wrote: I wonder if I should try hgtv Canada. Is it geo restricted?
Not from the US.

RE: HGTV Video Addon - bry - 2015-10-08

Awesome. Ty learningit

RE: HGTV Video Addon - deeciple - 2015-10-08

(2015-10-07, 19:45)learningit Wrote: As of today, the HGTV is back to the level of content it was previously. It changes every couple of months and it usually take about a week to repopulate with new shows and episodes.

That's good news. Also thanks for the info about how they update their content.

Ken

RE: HGTV Video Addon - v2graeme - 2016-01-06

I have been using this addon pretty successfully but at the last minute or so the video corrupts and turn blank or random large pixels - sound appear to still work.

I am running Kodi 15.2 on a Raspberry Pi 2 - the addon is at the latest version.

Does anyone have this issue - is there a fix at all ?

Thanks Graeme

RE: HGTV Video Addon - learningit - 2016-01-06

I can't remember HGTV specifically, but a couple of add-ons I have require 5-6 Mbps to play properly. I think you can go into the add-on settings and select SD, rather than HD and see if that helps.

RE: HGTV Video Addon - v2graeme - 2016-01-08

I have tried that and it appears to do exactly the same - sometime if I don;t stop it as it starts the picture blocks the video locks up and the pi needs a reboot.
This is the only channel where this appears to happen.
Are there other addons which use the same technique for streaming ? Might be worth seeing if the same thing happens with them.

RE: HGTV Video Addon - learningit - 2016-01-08

(2016-01-08, 06:01)v2graeme Wrote: I have tried that and it appears to do exactly the same - sometime if I don;t stop it as it starts the picture blocks the video locks up and the pi needs a reboot.
This is the only channel where this appears to happen.
Are there other addons which use the same technique for streaming ? Might be worth seeing if the same thing happens with them.

There are no different "techniques" to play a video. All add-ons do it the same way and they just pass the url of the video to the Kodi player. It's possible that there may be something strange in the video encoding, but I really doubt it. I played a few videos on Windows, openelec and Android and didn't see what you report.
You can click on my signature to see the other 40 or so addons I have in the kodi.org repo and try a few to see if you can narrow down the problem.