Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-01-17

A couple more things added to the changelog...

- Added support for weather fanart image resource addons.
- Reconfigured music viz background options, added support for script.colorbox.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - devsfan1830 - 2016-01-19

Love the skin. Using it for Jarvis until Bello Fredo updates but i may just keep it. Im looking for a couple things to enable that may be possible injust cant seem to find the right toggles. The first is grouping movies in sets. Currently my movies are assigned to sets properly but the movies view doesnt seem to group them.

The second is to have the home screen background for the weather menu change according to current weather. Ive seen other skins do this but I cant seem to find the option in yours, if its there. If you could tell me what is and isnt possible and where to find the settings, if any, i would appreciate it. Thanks and keep up the great work.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-01-20

(2016-01-19, 23:21)devsfan1830 Wrote: Love the skin. Using it for Jarvis until Bello Fredo updates but i may just keep it. Im looking for a couple things to enable that may be possible injust cant seem to find the right toggles. The first is grouping movies in sets. Currently my movies are assigned to sets properly but the movies view doesnt seem to group them.

The second is to have the home screen background for the weather menu change according to current weather. Ive seen other skins do this but I cant seem to find the option in yours, if its there. If you could tell me what is and isnt possible and where to find the settings, if any, i would appreciate it. Thanks and keep up the great work.
Sets are working fine here, both in the Sets node and in the library. Are you sure you have sets turned on in Settings > Video > Library?

You're right, there's currently no option for weather backgrounds on the home screen. I'll see about adding that, no promises though.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - devsfan1830 - 2016-01-20

(2016-01-20, 08:12)braz Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 23:21)devsfan1830 Wrote: Love the skin. Using it for Jarvis until Bello Fredo updates but i may just keep it. Im looking for a couple things to enable that may be possible injust cant seem to find the right toggles. The first is grouping movies in sets. Currently my movies are assigned to sets properly but the movies view doesnt seem to group them.

Sets are working fine here, both in the Sets node and in the library. Are you sure you have sets turned on in Settings > Video > Library?

You're right, there's currently no option for weather backgrounds on the home screen. I'll see about adding that, no promises though.

1) Sets, DUH how did i miss that.....
2) Weather, thanks. No biggies if you don't/cant just thought it would be a nice touch. Otherwise the skin is perfect. Keep up the good work!

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-01-23

Skinned the Audio DSP Manager and Audio DSP Settings dialogs...

(2016-01-19, 23:21)devsfan1830 Wrote: The second is to have the home screen background for the weather menu change according to current weather. Ive seen other skins do this but I cant seem to find the option in yours, if its there. If you could tell me what is and isnt possible and where to find the settings, if any, i would appreciate it. Thanks and keep up the great work.
Should be fixed on github now. When you select "Conditional weather" for a menu item's background it will use whichever fanart pack is selected in the weather window.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - devsfan1830 - 2016-01-23

(2016-01-23, 19:20)braz Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 23:21)devsfan1830 Wrote: The second is to have the home screen background for the weather menu change according to current weather. Ive seen other skins do this but I cant seem to find the option in yours, if its there. If you could tell me what is and isnt possible and where to find the settings, if any, i would appreciate it. Thanks and keep up the great work.
Should be fixed on github now. When you select "Conditional weather" for a menu item's background it will use whichever fanart pack is selected in the weather window.

Awesome! Thanks for adding that. Will it get pushed to the kodi repo or will i need to download from github manually?

(2016-01-23, 20:49)devsfan1830 Wrote: Awesome! Thanks for adding that. Will it get pushed to the kodi repo or will i need to download from github manually?
It's only on github right now, will be submitting to the repo in the next week or so.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - vdb86 - 2016-01-25

Hi Braz, I've got two questions:
I have some of the movie trailers in the movie folders and can play them via context menu, but when I go into movie details there is only button YouTube and the local trailer is not shown. Is there any way Mimic can show the local trailer and then YouTube if there isn't a local one?
Also could you show some love to touch screen users? Maybe have a button back somewhere on the screen?

Thank you for all your work!

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-01-26

(2016-01-25, 22:18)vdb86 Wrote: Hi Braz, I've got two questions:
I have some of the movie trailers in the movie folders and can play them via context menu, but when I go into movie details there is only button YouTube and the local trailer is not shown. Is there any way Mimic can show the local trailer and then YouTube if there isn't a local one?
Also could you show some love to touch screen users? Maybe have a button back somewhere on the screen?

You're not the first to ask, so I just pushed an update to github that displays the Trailer button when there is a trailer, and the YouTube button as a fallback when the ExtendedInfo script is installed.

Can't you use your tablet or phone's back button? I won't be adding any onscreen navigation buttons.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - vdb86 - 2016-01-26

(2016-01-26, 05:51)braz Wrote:
(2016-01-25, 22:18)vdb86 Wrote: Hi Braz, I've got two questions:

You're not the first to ask, so I just pushed an update to github that displays the Trailer button when there is a trailer, and the YouTube button as a fallback when the ExtendedInfo script is installed.

Can't you use your tablet or phone's back button? I won't be adding any onscreen navigation buttons.

Awesome!
Sure I can, and will continue to do so Smile
It just felt like that Mimic could have a back button and a home button since some of the touch screen devices have floating navigation buttons (software ones, there are no hardware buttons on the device) which get hidden when you start Kodi.
In order to get them temporarily back you have to swipe up from the bottom and sometimes that is recognized as moving in library and not as getting the floating navigation buttons back.
Some of the skins have an option, something like support for touch screen and mouse.
But nevertheless, thank you for considering it, even for a second!
And thanks again for the trailer button!
I'll try it out and let you know how it works out Smile

Update:
Tried the new version from github, it seems that the Trailer button is persistent, if there is a local trailer it will play that one (When you press the button), in case there is no local trailer it will play one from YouTube, the YouTube button with it's search results doesn't show at all.
I tried all of this on my PC running windows 7 and Kodi Jarvis RC 1, of course I have ExtendedInfo script installed.

Let me know if you need more information.

Another question, I was wondering if it was possible to use strings from the skin itself while making custom home items (Either a direct item or a submenu).
For example: Have a submenu which is named Network and which would change it's name according to the language that is being used.
So if you change the language from English to something else that submenu item would change with the rest of the Home screen instead of staying the same.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - BobCratchett - 2016-01-26

(2016-01-26, 16:38)vdb86 Wrote: Another question, I was wondering if it was possible to use strings from the skin itself while making custom home items (Either a direct item or a submenu).
For example: Have a submenu which is named Network and which would change it's name according to the language that is being used.
So if you change the language from English to something else that submenu item would change with the rest of the Home screen instead of staying the same.

Sure - just set the label to the ID of the string. You can look at Mimics strings on Git, or you can use one of Kodi's inbuilt strings. So for "Network", set the label to "31019".

(2016-01-26, 17:17)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 16:38)vdb86 Wrote: Another question, I was wondering if it was possible to use strings from the skin itself while making custom home items (Either a direct item or a submenu).

Sure - just set the label to the ID of the string. You can look at Mimics strings on Git, or you can use one of Kodi's inbuilt strings. So for "Network", set the label to "31019".

I had a feeling it would work something like that, maybe require $INFO[].
Thank you!

Update: It worked flawlessly, much appreciated!

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - cat2115 - 2016-01-26

Hi been using you skin for a few week now and loving it. I check in your Git in language and I couldn't find Khmer. Is there anyway you can add that or I need to request in transifex? thx