Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-01-27

(2016-01-26, 11:08)vdb86 Wrote: Update:
Tried the new version from github, it seems that the Trailer button is persistent, if there is a local trailer it will play that one (When you press the button), in case there is no local trailer it will play one from YouTube, the YouTube button with it's search results doesn't show at all.
I tried all of this on my PC running windows 7 and Kodi Jarvis RC 1, of course I have ExtendedInfo script installed.

Let me know if you need more information.
The Trailer button in Mimic plays the trailer url set by the scraper, whether that is local or an online source idk (I don't have any local trailers). So you will see the Trailer button if the scraper found a trailer, and the YouTube button if no trailers are found by the scraper. There's nothing I am going to change in this regard, the Trailer button will play whatever trailer url is in the database.

(2016-01-26, 19:09)cat2115 Wrote: Hi been using you skin for a few week now and loving it. I check in your Git in language and I couldn't find Khmer. Is there anyway you can add that or I need to request in transifex? thx
You would need to translate it on Transifex if it doesn't already exist.

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbmc-skins/resource/skin-mimic/

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - vdb86 - 2016-01-27

(2016-01-27, 07:35)braz Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 11:08)vdb86 Wrote: Update:
Tried the new version from github, it seems that the Trailer button is persistent, if there is a local trailer it will play that one (When you press the button), in case there is no local trailer it will play one from YouTube, the YouTube button with it's search results doesn't show at all.
I tried all of this on my PC running windows 7 and Kodi Jarvis RC 1, of course I have ExtendedInfo script installed.

Let me know if you need more information.
The Trailer button in Mimic plays the trailer url set by the scraper, whether that is local or an online source idk (I don't have any local trailers). So you will see the Trailer button if the scraper found a trailer, and the YouTube button if no trailers are found by the scraper. There's nothing I am going to change in this regard, the Trailer button will play whatever trailer url is in the database.
Sounds good and it makes sense!
I wasn't sure how exactly the button worked, thank you for the explanation Smile

Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - jaspreet - 2016-01-27

Useless post but this skin is awesome and works so well even on lower end devices like Pi 2!

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - cat2115 - 2016-01-27

(2016-01-26, 19:09)cat2115 Wrote: Hi been using you skin for a few week now and loving it. I check in your Git in language and I couldn't find Khmer. Is there anyway you can add that or I need to request in transifex? thx
You would need to translate it on Transifex if it doesn't already exist.

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbmc-skins/resource/skin-mimic/
[/quote]

Not sure how to do it since I'm not a programmer. There's a Khmer language in Transfex, https://www.transifex.com/explore/languages/

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Cudi - 2016-01-29

Sorry maybe a dumb question.. But how can I change the background transparency of the menu bar when chosing top/side? Its 100% black after switching from the standard with light transparency

btw. great skin! Is it maybe possible to get a "thumbnail" view added in "big Wall" VIEW to "Poster, Banner, Landscape, Logo" ART ? When using poster the skin uses the thumbs I created (because no poster is available) but the thumb is cutted to fit the "poster aspect ratio". I realised when using LANDSCAPE it seems he needs "FANART" pics.. Maybe its possible to just add THUMBNAIL with the same abilities as LANDSCAPE just using the .tbn files instead of -fanart.jpg ? Uff hopefully you understand what I mean Big Grin

Another question: Is it possible to get the same amount of VIEWS in MUSIC VIDEOS? I only have 3 VIEWS to change from

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-01-29

(2016-01-27, 18:12)cat2115 Wrote: Not sure how to do it since I'm not a programmer. There's a Khmer language in Transfex, https://www.transifex.com/explore/languages/
There's some info here to get you started...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=141158

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - devsfan1830 - 2016-01-29

I seem to be having an issue with movie fan art with v3.2.0. On the main screen I had it setup to show random movie art when Movies is highlighted. It worked fine before but now it just shows the default grey background. The TV Show fan art works as well as the new weather based fan art for Weather. I can also set static backgrounds just fine for my Programs and Settings menu. But it seems Movies is failing to recognize the fan art i have for that. Every movie is in its own folder with its own fan art folder within that. The fat arts work properly within the Movies section as i flip through my collection. Its just the slideshow on the home screen thats the issue. When I say it worked before it was with 3.1.1 and the last jarvis beta before RC i think. Im on RC2 now and am not sure if it was there with RC1.

(2016-01-29, 13:37)Cudi Wrote: Sorry maybe a dumb question.. But how can I change the background transparency of the menu bar when chosing top/side? Its 100% black after switching from the standard with light transparency

btw. great skin! Is it maybe possible to get a "thumbnail" view added in "big Wall" VIEW to "Poster, Banner, Landscape, Logo" ART ? When using poster the skin uses the thumbs I created (because no poster is available) but the thumb is cutted to fit the "poster aspect ratio". I realised when using LANDSCAPE it seems he needs "FANART" pics.. Maybe its possible to just add THUMBNAIL with the same abilities as LANDSCAPE just using the .tbn files instead of -fanart.jpg ? Uff hopefully you understand what I mean Big Grin

Another question: Is it possible to get the same amount of VIEWS in MUSIC VIDEOS? I only have 3 VIEWS to change from
I forgot to adjust the main menu backgrounds for the alternate home layouts in the last update. I just fixed them, but if you want to adjust them further, open Includes_Home.xml and search for "55000000". There should be 3 instances, the first two characters (in this case 55) determine the opacity.

No plans to add additional art for Big Wall view. I only plan to support the standard art aspect ratios provided by fanart.tv, etc.

Just tried adding some music videos, but it appears Kodi no longer has any music video scrapers so I was unable to add them to the library. Don't plan to do anything with music videos until they are fully supported.

(2016-01-29, 19:22)devsfan1830 Wrote: I seem to be having an issue with movie fan art with v3.2.0. On the main screen I had it setup to show random movie art when Movies is highlighted. It worked fine before but now it just shows the default grey background. The TV Show fan art works as well as the new weather based fan art for Weather. I can also set static backgrounds just fine for my Programs and Settings menu. But it seems Movies is failing to recognize the fan art i have for that. Every movie is in its own folder with its own fan art folder within that. The fat arts work properly within the Movies section as i flip through my collection. Its just the slideshow on the home screen thats the issue. When I say it worked before it was with 3.1.1 and the last jarvis beta before RC i think. Im on RC2 now and am not sure if it was there with RC1.
Random movie fanart is working fine here with Jarvis RC2. You'll need to post a debug log. http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Cudi - 2016-01-29

Thanks very much for your reply and the fix! For the other suggestions I found a solution by myself! Great skin...

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - vdb86 - 2016-01-30

Hi Braz, I've got another question.
I've set up two profiles, Master and Kids.
Master profile has a password while Kids profile doesn't.
If my kids press on the power button in Profile selection window they can see these options:
Exit, Empty line, Settings, Reload skin.

Settings item can be accessed without any password even though a password has been set for accessing settings.
I've tried turning Kiosk mode on both profiles, and setting up a password for accessing settings on both profiles but all of that fails.
Could you please remove Settings and Reload skin items or just make pressing the power button exit Kodi?
Or if this is connected to shutdown menu maybe give us an option to customize it ourselves?

Much appreciated friend, thank you!

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - devsfan1830 - 2016-01-30

(2016-01-29, 19:44)braz Wrote:
(2016-01-29, 19:22)devsfan1830 Wrote: I seem to be having an issue with movie fan art with v3.2.0. On the main screen I had it setup to show random movie art when Movies is highlighted. It worked fine before but now it just shows the default grey background. The TV Show fan art works as well as the new weather based fan art for Weather. I can also set static backgrounds just fine for my Programs and Settings menu. But it seems Movies is failing to recognize the fan art i have for that. Every movie is in its own folder with its own fan art folder within that. The fat arts work properly within the Movies section as i flip through my collection. Its just the slideshow on the home screen thats the issue. When I say it worked before it was with 3.1.1 and the last jarvis beta before RC i think. Im on RC2 now and am not sure if it was there with RC1.
Random movie fanart is working fine here with Jarvis RC2. You'll need to post a debug log. http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file

And all of a sudden it started working. So nevermind. Sorry about that!

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - magician94 - 2016-01-31

I upgraded my kodi 15 with mimic setup to kodi 16 RC2 with the latest mimic version in the add-on repo. After reconfiguring everthing to my liking using the new config (Which I really like!) I noticed that in the TV Series widget the wrong episode number is listed.

Instead of the episode number in the season (for instance 5x12) it lists a much higher number (for instance 5x102). It seems to be the sequential order of the episode in the total number of episodes for the series. Is this a skin issue or something related to Kodi 16 RC2?

Another thing I was wondering: What does the shortcut option (don't have the exact name available here) do when configuring main menu items? I couldn't find any explanation of that option.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - magician94 - 2016-01-31

In the mean time I did some more tinkering in the settings and I found it only happens when i use my custom playlist as widget. When using recommended or next episodes all is working just fine.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - habibi123 - 2016-01-31

Hi, can you please tell me if there is a possible way to change the view inside an addon?
there is only "List" in the view options. i found this in many addons. I tried others skins, and i was able to change it to "wall" ... etc.
thanks so much for this great skin, my favorite.