Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - mark_dj - 2016-02-16

(2016-02-14, 23:39)braz Wrote: Video user ratings will come next...

This is also for individual episodes, correct (just making sure) ?

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - vgabor - 2016-02-17

Hi Braz, artist slideshow is currently no working for me (yet?) . I use jarvis rc3 and the today's version of mimic-master from github. With other skin (Zephyr), the slideshow is working, so the plugin should be ok.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-02-17

(2016-02-15, 09:04)vgabor Wrote: I agree with this. The old layout was the most polished and elegant of all skins. Please include it as an option.
I think I've figured out a way to add it back. Stay tuned...

(2016-02-15, 21:06)kylepsp Wrote: Pulling from my library, its the in progress widget, with confluence it's instant but mimic can take like 20 seconds. Thanks!
Must be that the widgets are handled differently. Not sure how Confluence does it, but in Mimic the widgets are provided by the skin.helper.service script. You might try posting a debug log in the script thread.

(2016-02-16, 04:48)dave157 Wrote: @braz, Great work as always! Could you include the option to show channel icons instead of the channel name in the PVR/EPG in a future update? Also would it also be possible to incorporate PVR Artwork? Thanks, Dave
I don't use Live TV much, so won't likely spend a lot of time on this. Do you have any screenshots from skins that have implemented this?

(2016-02-16, 13:29)mark_dj Wrote:
(2016-02-14, 23:39)braz Wrote: Video user ratings will come next...

This is also for individual episodes, correct (just making sure) ?
It will be available for movies, tv shows, episodes, and music videos.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=231270&pid=2135449#pid2135449

(2016-02-17, 01:47)vgabor Wrote: Hi Braz, artist slideshow is currently no working for me (yet?) . I use jarvis rc3 and the today's version of mimic-master from github. With other skin (Zephyr), the slideshow is working, so the plugin should be ok.
Artist Slideshow is working here, please post a debug log.

Added support for user ratings for videos (movies, tv shows, episodes, music videos). You'll find it in the extras dialog in video info.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Luke02 - 2016-02-17

Hi @braz . Please forgive me if this is an ignorant question. Is there any chance you could update skin to support the latest 5.11.0 xbmc.gui API?

Is that a hard thing to do? I'm fairly new to kodi.

I'm running millhouses openelec builds if that helps you at all.

(2016-02-17, 09:39)Luke02 Wrote: Hi @braz . Please forgive me if this is an ignorant question. Is there any chance you could update skin to support the latest 5.11.0 xbmc.gui API?

Is that a hard thing to do? I'm fairly new to kodi.

I'm running millhouses openelec builds if that helps you at all.
It's going to be a while before I start updating the skin for Kodi 17.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - dave157 - 2016-02-17

___

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Sn00p - 2016-02-17

(2016-02-17, 05:12)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-15, 09:04)vgabor Wrote: I agree with this. The old layout was the most polished and elegant of all skins. Please include it as an option.
Great news! Can't wait to see the "old" (but stylish) layout coming back Laugh
(2016-02-17, 07:33)braz Wrote: Added support for user ratings for videos (movies, tv shows, episodes, music videos). You'll find it in the extras dialog in video info.

Thanks for this new feature ! I even didn't know (before your skin update) that kodi was supporting some "user ratings" in addition to the "classic" rating field retrieved by the scraper... Angel

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Edworld - 2016-02-18

Braz

Not in front of my computer, but extended info add on returns none when you click on it

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-02-19

(2016-02-18, 05:07)Edworld Wrote: Braz

Not in front of my computer, but extended info add on returns none when you click on it
Yeah, it's been updated a couple of times recently. Will take a look...

Update: Fixed on github.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-17, 23:55)Sn00p Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 05:12)braz Wrote:
Great news! Can't wait to see the "old" (but stylish) layout coming back Laugh
I just pushed an update to github that adds a skin setting for a centered home menu. It's only available when using the default home layout. I'm not personally fond of this menu, so let me know if you like it and want it to stay in.

Redesigned the info dialogs, I always felt they were a little busy. I'm sure losing the image flags won't be too popular, but I'll probably stick with this. Pressing up you can scroll through the available info.

Also reconfigured the widgets to use templates, so they no longer have to reload when moving through the menu. Thanks to Jurial Munkey for the example I followed...

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Kokonutcreme - 2016-02-20

Nice, like the new info dialogs, much cleaner

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - vgabor - 2016-02-20

Hi Braz,
Thanks for the centered layout, much appreciated. Please keep it.
More importantly, can you please also add a '3 items' option too? To avoid cropped menu items like this:Image
And maybe the old-style top-aligned header bar too (instead of the widget).
I know it is a matter of personal preference, but the 2.x home layout is simply perfect! It cannot be improved upon.

(2016-02-20, 10:56)vgabor Wrote: Hi Braz,
Thanks for the centered layout, much appreciated. Please keep it.
More importantly, can you please also add a '3 items' option too? To avoid cropped menu items like this:

And maybe the old-style top-aligned header bar too (instead of the widget).
I know it is a matter of personal preference, but the 2.x home layout is simply perfect! It cannot be improved upon.
I'm unlikely to add more options, there are already too many IMO. One thing up can try is adjust the size of the main menu font in font.xml so your labels fit better.