Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - motherboard - 2016-02-20

Hi I might be missing something easy but is there a way to have a favourite as a widget in Jarvis. I have a subscription folder set up and would like that to appear as a widget

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-20, 18:17)motherboard Wrote: Hi I might be missing something easy but is there a way to have a favourite as a widget in Jarvis. I have a subscription folder set up and would like that to appear as a widget
You can display all of your favorites in a widget, or browse to any folder within an addon and set that as a widget. Not sure what other options one would need.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - dave157 - 2016-02-20

___

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - User 82367 - 2016-02-20

Is it possible to disable the info bar on top? It looks more clean without the bar and i dont need the count of movies and date/time Rolleyes

Thanks mate managed to sort it. Another quick question I'm trying to set backgrounds up for each section but it appears to go straight to the [MOD EDIT] I can't select folders. Would you know what's causing this?

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-20, 19:24)dave157 Wrote: @braz, Hi, I know you`re busy but were you able to find a way to implement the channel icon in place of the channel name option in the pvr epg? Maybe you can point me to the lines I`d have to modify in the respective .xml`s. I`ve made some slight changes to improve the appearance...

...I plan on tweaking the full epg view as well, with a similar appearance. The 'minified' one is just my preference. Big Grin Thanks again, as always! Dave
I don't spend much time in Live TV, so don't plan to make any changes. For my use, I prefer the current views.

(2016-02-20, 19:31)archiv Wrote: Is it possible to disable the info bar on top? It looks more clean without the bar and i dont need the count of movies and date/time Rolleyes
Not possible, you would need to edit the skin files to hide it.

(2016-02-20, 20:32)motherboard Wrote: Thanks mate managed to sort it. Another quick question I'm trying to set backgrounds up for each section but it appears to go straight to the [MOD EDIT] I can't select folders. Would you know what's causing this?
Banned addons are not supported here. You have to add your image folder as a source and it will be available.

Apologies thanks for your help

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Sn00p - 2016-02-20

(2016-02-20, 01:00)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 23:55)Sn00p Wrote:
(2016-02-17, 05:12)braz Wrote: I think I've figured out a way to add it back. Stay tuned...
Great news! Can't wait to see the "old" (but stylish) layout coming back Laugh
I just pushed an update to github that adds a skin setting for a centered home menu. It's only available when using the default home layout. I'm not personally fond of this menu, so let me know if you like it and want it to stay in.
I just downloaded your skin update today, and "ran" to the skin settings to activate the centered home menu : i'm very happy to see this layout again in mimic, and really appreciate your effort to pay close attention to users of your skin like me ! Smile Definitely hope you will keep this option in future releases of mimic Wink

(2016-02-20, 03:52)braz Wrote: Redesigned the info dialogs, I always felt they were a little busy. I'm sure losing the image flags won't be too popular, but I'll probably stick with this. Pressing up you can scroll through the available info.

Also reconfigured the widgets to use templates, so they no longer have to reload when moving through the menu. Thanks to Jurial Munkey for the example I followed...
Not bad ! You're right, it's less "messy" now... But i have one remark though : I personnally don't mind to "lose the image flags", but it's a pity to have less information on the screen on this layout that in the old one. For instance, in this version of the info dialog, you don't see the director of the movie (nor the original country of the movie) anymore : you have to scroll on the right to see it back again...
(2016-02-20, 10:56)vgabor Wrote: Hi Braz,
Thanks for the centered layout, much appreciated. Please keep it.
More importantly, can you please also add a '3 items' option too? To avoid cropped menu items like this:Image
And maybe the old-style top-aligned header bar too (instead of the widget).
I know it is a matter of personal preference, but the 2.x home layout is simply perfect! It cannot be improved upon.
As vgabor, I also miss the old thin bar on the top of the screen (I find that the new time/weather widget that replaced it takes too much space on the home screen), but i also understand that you cannot add new skin options each time somebody has a specific request... So i think I will continue to add it back myself, by merging your old xml code in the includes_home.xml file...

I dont't want to bother you, but there is a last little thng I noticed by using your skin : when you choose to display RSS feeds (as i do, for displaying news about last movies, tv shows...) , I think there is a litlle animation problem when you go down from the main menu, to display submenus : by doing this, the RSS feed is moving quickly to the right of the screen, but not quickly enough before the submenu appears. This results in "blending" characters of the rss feed and the submenu, which is not very "clean" (please have a look on the screenshot below).

If you have time, do you think this is something you could improve ? (i think it is a matter of modifying the animation of the rss feed control)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - fastdump - 2016-02-20

I'm really missing the current time (and date) in the top info bar when I'm in the Live TV > Channels view after selecting a channel (for previewing in the same screen, not watching full-screen). As I surf the channels to see program descriptions and what's on next, I find myself in constant need to refer to the current time while processing the start and end times of the listed programs. But since the recent layout updates, it's an extra load on my brain trying to find the time on the screen and then having to defer to a different screen (my phone).

When there is no channel running in the mini-screen in the Channels view, then the time, date and temperature are displayed. Once a channel is selected and running in the mini-screen, this info changes to the channel logo/number/name and the program title.

Braz, I know you don't use Live TV much, but is there any possibility you can keep the time/date always showing in this view?

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-20, 23:01)fastdump Wrote: I'm really missing the current time (and date) in the top info bar when I'm in the Live TV > Channels view after selecting a channel (for previewing in the same screen, not watching full-screen). As I surf the channels to see program descriptions and what's on next, I find myself in constant need to refer to the current time while processing the start and end times of the listed programs. But since the recent layout updates, it's an extra load on my brain trying to find the time on the screen and then having to defer to a different screen (my phone).

When there is no channel running in the mini-screen in the Channels view, then the time, date and temperature are displayed. Once a channel is selected and running in the mini-screen, this info changes to the channel logo/number/name and the program title.

Braz, I know you don't use Live TV much, but is there any possibility you can keep the time/date always showing in this view?
I didn't intend for the time/date to disappear on Channels view. Will fix when I get a chance, thanks!

Update: I checked it out, and it shows the now playing info as it should. However, I thought maybe this info is redundant on the tvchannels window, so was going to not show now playing info on that window. Upon looking at the visibility conditions, however, there is no easy way to do this cleanly without reorganizing that section. So it likely won't happen soon and I may just leave it as-is for consistency.

(2016-02-20, 21:43)Sn00p Wrote: If you have time, do you think this is something you could improve ? (i think it is a matter of modifying the animation of the rss feed control)
I don't use RSS so didn't notice this. Will fix in the next version.

Update: Should now be fixed on github...

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - boydrone - 2016-02-21

Hi, I loved the previous version this skin. The upgrade looks OK vs the old one IMO. But I have an issue now. I don't have a link to the home screen, or anywhere else for that matter, to my favorites..

In the custom menu screen, I'm able to go to my favorites, but I don't have the option 'create menu item here' for the favorite folder. Looks like a bug to me. Can anybody help out with this one?

(2016-02-21, 02:20)boydrone Wrote: Hi, I loved the previous version this skin. The upgrade looks OK vs the old one IMO. But I have an issue now. I don't have a link to the home screen, or anywhere else for that matter, to my favorites..

In the custom menu screen, I'm able to go to my favorites, but I don't have the option 'create menu item here' for the favorite folder. Looks like a bug to me. Can anybody help out with this one?
Go to skin setttings, customize your main menu, add a new item, and set the action to Common/Favorites.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - boydrone - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-21, 02:43)braz Wrote: Go to skin setttings, customize your main menu, add a new item, and set the action to Common/Favorites.

Worked! Thanks bud!
Odd that it wouldn't pick it up through the normal methods. This version seems very intense, can't wait to tap into the potential in this skin!

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - fastdump - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-21, 02:07)braz Wrote: I didn't intend for the time/date to disappear on Channels view. Will fix when I get a chance, thanks!

Thanks braz Smile

And I've remembered another piece of essential info that I found missing since your updates... Video/clip duration does not seem to appear in any view type, when it is usually included in even the basic 'List' view. I don't see duration in Movies/TV Shows library views, in YouTube contents views or search results, in other video plugin content views, etc.

If I switch back to Confluence or even Aeon Nox (for testing purposes, mind - Mimic is by far the superior, elegant, efficient, modern, minimal skin) the duration appears so I'm guessing it's some basic attribute that's gone missing?...