Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - vgabor - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-20, 17:31)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 10:56)vgabor Wrote: Hi Braz,
Thanks for the centered layout, much appreciated. Please keep it.
More importantly, can you please also add a '3 items' option too? To avoid cropped menu items like this:

And maybe the old-style top-aligned header bar too (instead of the widget).
I know it is a matter of personal preference, but the 2.x home layout is simply perfect! It cannot be improved upon.
I'm unlikely to add more options, there are already too many IMO. One thing up can try is adjust the size of the main menu font in font.xml so your labels fit better.
Sad
I rather live with the cropped text than smaller font...

Here is a log of the failed Artist slideshow. http://paste.ubuntu.com/15151795/

I have the feeling that I actually have the Artist Slideshow but it is not visible. I think this because I have another invisible screen around that area. Cannot be seen but has keyboard focus. In other skins, it is visible too.

The other invisible screen is a bug (not Mimic bug) and goes like this:

(Play song -> Home screen) -> Back -> CRC lyrics loads the overlay -> ActivateWindow(Home) command mapped to my remote => Now I see Home screen + lyrics overlay mixed. (Except in Mimic.)

Ps. with the ActivateWindow(Home) command I can get the Home screen mixed with other windows too. With other skins too.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-21, 03:09)vgabor Wrote: Here is a log of the failed Artist slideshow. http://paste.ubuntu.com/15151795/
That's not a complete debug log, but I fixed the error regarding albumwall.xsp. I had the wrong case in the xml.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-21, 02:51)fastdump Wrote: Thanks braz Smile

And I've remembered another piece of essential info that I found missing since your updates... Video/clip duration does not seem to appear in any view type, when it is usually included in even the basic 'List' view. I don't see duration in Movies/TV Shows library views, in YouTube contents views or search results, in other video plugin content views, etc.

If I switch back to Confluence or even Aeon Nox (for testing purposes, mind - Mimic is by far the superior, elegant, efficient, modern, minimal skin) the duration appears so I'm guessing it's some basic attribute that's gone missing?...
InfoWall and Showcase display duration, but they're the only ones. There is limited space in List view and I've decided to display ratings instead of duration. You'll have to press info to see duration for most views.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - fastdump - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-21, 04:29)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 02:51)fastdump Wrote: Thanks braz Smile

And I've remembered another piece of essential info that I found missing since your updates... Video/clip duration does not seem to appear in any view type, when it is usually included in even the basic 'List' view. I don't see duration in Movies/TV Shows library views, in YouTube contents views or search results, in other video plugin content views, etc.

If I switch back to Confluence or even Aeon Nox (for testing purposes, mind - Mimic is by far the superior, elegant, efficient, modern, minimal skin) the duration appears so I'm guessing it's some basic attribute that's gone missing?...
InfoWall and Showcase display duration, but they're the only ones. There is limited space in List view and I've decided to display ratings instead of duration. You'll have to press info to see duration for most views.

Darn it, that's too bad... Confused

InfoWall and Showcase views aren't available for things like YouTube and other plugins, nor at Episode level (the logical, relevant level for duration info) in TV Shows - and I seriously have no interest in seeing ratings anywhere for anything. Actually, I don't see rating info in many of the views currently, for Movies, Episodes... I use InfoWall for some Movie views, but also a lot of List and Shift elsewhere.

Wouldn't care to point me to the relevant code/xml to swap out ratings for duration, or is it not that simple?

Sorry, here is a better debug log. http://paste.ubuntu.com/15154866/

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - sillit - 2016-02-21

where can i find the "power" menu (change profile, shutdown, reboot, exit ...) in the new Jarvis version? I updated my kodi installation from 15.2 to 16 today, but after the update i can't find the power menu anywhere. Even after a complete clean install the menu button is not there Sad Thanks in advance for any suggestions

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Sn00p - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-21, 16:16)sillit Wrote: where can i find the "power" menu (change profile, shutdown, reboot, exit ...) in the new Jarvis version? I updated my kodi installation from 15.2 to 16 today, but after the update i can't find the power menu anywhere. Even after a complete clean install the menu button is not there Sad Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Press the "s" key on your keyboard, and you should be able to see this menu Wink ...

If you want it to appear on your main menu bar, it's up to you to add a new menu item in skin settings...

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - UsefulG - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-20, 20:55)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-20, 19:31)archiv Wrote: Is it possible to disable the info bar on top? It looks more clean without the bar and i dont need the count of movies and date/time Rolleyes
Not possible, you would need to edit the skin files to hide it.

Hi Braz, can you tell me which skin file to edit to remove the new topbar. I used to edit the Includes.xml file and add !Control.IsVisible(XXX) to the Topbar include to hide if for various view types but this doesn't seem to work in the latest skin update.

Great skin BTW.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - UsefulG - 2016-02-21

And just like that inspiration strikes and commenting out the whole "Topbar" include in includes.xml has removed it.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - mvdwetering - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-21, 16:53)Sn00p Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 16:16)sillit Wrote: where can i find the "power" menu (change profile, shutdown, reboot, exit ...) in the new Jarvis version? I updated my kodi installation from 15.2 to 16 today, but after the update i can't find the power menu anywhere. Even after a complete clean install the menu button is not there Sad Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Press the "s" key on your keyboard, and you should be able to see this menu Wink ...

If you want it to appear on your main menu bar, it's up to you to add a new menu item in skin settings...
Is there a way to get the power menu with only a remote?

Also I tried to add a menu item but it seems I can only add the seperate commands (Reboot, Shutdown etc...). I cannot find the command to show the popup menu.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - SimonC - 2016-02-21

Running Kodi 16.0 and latest 3.0 build of mimic. When selecting either single or multi-image background the dialog box that pops up only shows my repos and no way to get to local files on my system. Anyone else have this problem?

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - BobCratchett - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-21, 20:27)mvdwetering Wrote: Also I tried to add a menu item but it seems I can only add the seperate commands (Reboot, Shutdown etc...). I cannot find the command to show the popup menu.

Change Action > Custom Action (last item in the list) and type ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)

(2016-02-21, 21:56)SimonC Wrote: Running Kodi 16.0 and latest 3.0 build of mimic. When selecting either single or multi-image background the dialog box that pops up only shows my repos and no way to get to local files on my system. Anyone else have this problem?

Add the location you want to get images from as a source in the file manager (wiki)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - SimonC - 2016-02-21

(2016-02-21, 22:16)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-02-21, 20:27)mvdwetering Wrote: Also I tried to add a menu item but it seems I can only add the seperate commands (Reboot, Shutdown etc...). I cannot find the command to show the popup menu.

Change Action > Custom Action (last item in the list) and type ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)

(2016-02-21, 21:56)SimonC Wrote: Running Kodi 16.0 and latest 3.0 build of mimic. When selecting either single or multi-image background the dialog box that pops up only shows my repos and no way to get to local files on my system. Anyone else have this problem?

Add the location you want to get images from as a source in the file manager (wiki)

Thanks I will try that but things are just strange. First there is the problem I mentioned above, at least it wasn't in 2.3.0. Dig a bit deeper into other options I find the Backgrounds option which has "Setup section backgrounds", tried this and it actually gave me a proper dialog box where I could navigate to the proper folder and select an image. Unfortunately doing this does not set the background image for that section.

The other strange thing, is mouse movement. When the mouse is placed over the main menu bar it automatically brings up the submenu for where ever section is highlighted. Making it impossible to select an item from the main menu with a mouse. Is that some new feature?