Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - vgabor - 2016-02-24

Ok the Artist Slideshow is indeed working with the fresh install, I forgot to turn it on. So probably something I messed up in the old config, I think I ditch it and copy back the old media library only. Thanks for the help!

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-02-24

(2016-02-23, 18:12)NKK64 Wrote: Yes, song labels (titles) are not in highlight colour. Anything that allows to quickly detect which song is playing will do (small icon on the left?) though usually people don't like changes in what they are already used to Big Grin

Btw checked that those python errors are absent when running confluence.

Thanks for very nice skin.
I figured the now playing info in the header was enough, but I've added an icon to the list items to also indicate which one is playing. Just pushed to github, will be in the next version.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Jondar - 2016-02-24

Hi braz:

Thanks again for a great skin!

I've updated Kodi to Jarvis, and mimic to the current repo version (3.3.1). I have a minor niggle with regards to the "Update Library" popup progress dialog/widget in the top-left. The first line of text seems to be aligned too close to the top of the progress bar.

I've included a screenshot showing what I mean: http://imgur.com/vlWDOJT

I've tried looking for the correct file to edit in the skin to fix this locally, but had no luck. Which file should I be looking at for this?

I know that this is minor compared to other things, but I just thought I'd point it out, since I don't remember it being like that on previous versions of mimic from before your redesign. And it is distracting to me :-)

Thanks in advance,

~Jondar

(2016-02-24, 08:08)Jondar Wrote: Hi braz:

Thanks again for a great skin!

I've updated Kodi to Jarvis, and mimic to the current repo version (3.3.1). I have a minor niggle with regards to the "Update Library" popup progress dialog/widget in the top-left. The first line of text seems to be aligned too close to the top of the progress bar.

I've included a screenshot showing what I mean: http://imgur.com/vlWDOJT

I've tried looking for the correct file to edit in the skin to fix this locally, but had no luck. Which file should I be looking at for this?

I know that this is minor compared to other things, but I just thought I'd point it out, since I don't remember it being like that on previous versions of mimic from before your redesign. And it is distracting to me :-)

Thanks in advance,

~Jondar
Looks like you're using the Roboto font? I made a few changes to the extended progress bar and pushed them to github. If you want to adjust it more, look in DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Cudi - 2016-02-24

(2016-02-23, 23:15)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-23, 22:26)Cudi Wrote: I've another problem now Smile I really hope its a bug, and not a new feature ;D

I am missing the "current playlist" entry in the left sidepanel under ACTIONS... I am 100% sure, that below Version ~3.2 this was working as I using this option frequently. I switched back to Confluence and Aeon Nox and both skins will show me the "current playlist" entry under ACTIONS @ the sidepanel

http://imgur.com/a/UxLwZ
It should still be available if you are playing media, I just moved it further down the list. Will check tonight.

Can you explain where it should be available? I often "add queue" with folder/files.. After that, the "Current playlist" entry in the sidebar appears (and was working perfect until I updated from 3.2 - I installed from repo, where 3.3.1 is the newest version, and the problem is there too... On the current github version 3.4 too).. I searched about 30min yesterday if its possible to access the current playlist otherwise, but wasnt successful. On windows it should be avaialble with pressing "N" - but thats not working, because I am using a android device with simple remote

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - eondesigns1138 - 2016-02-24

Just want to pass on a thanks for all the good work that you are doing here.

Excellent skin and appreciate what you are doing trying to please all of us with our little niggles.

Thanks.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - shafhaq - 2016-02-24

Hi thanks for the great skin been using it since I first dicovered Kodi.

Since upgarding to Jarvis and using the latest skin i've noticed that the option to display widgets has changed, there used to be an option in the skin settings which allowed for the widgets to only show when pressing up on the remote. The current version of the skin only gives you the option to either diplay them all the time or not at all.

(2016-02-24, 13:39)shafhaq Wrote: Hi thanks for the great skin been using it since I first dicovered Kodi.

Since upgarding to Jarvis and using the latest skin i've noticed that the option to display widgets has changed, there used to be an option in the skin settings which allowed for the widgets to only show when pressing up on the remote. The current version of the skin only gives you the option to either diplay them all the time or not at all.
You can still view widgets by pressing up, that's how I always use it.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - gmanlou - 2016-02-24

I have 16.0 JARVIS running on my amazon firestick with Mimic 3.3.1. My Mimic config i had for 15.2 is no good anymore which i understand. I went to set it up again and when i went to appearence > skin settings > home window > setup menu and widgets

i selected a menu i created called "Movies" but when i went to "select background" to use my own custom image ( i selected single image) and the list of repo's came up with no option to browse the device for the image. Is this a bug?

also no way of getting the time and date up top like before? thanks

(2016-02-24, 18:06)gmanlou Wrote: I have 16.0 JARVIS running on my amazon firestick with Mimic 3.3.1. My Mimic config i had for 15.2 is no good anymore which i understand. I went to set it up again and when i went to appearence > skin settings > home window > setup menu and widgets

i selected a menu i created called "Movies" but when i went to "select background" to use my own custom image ( i selected single image) and the list of repo's came up with no option to browse the device for the image. Is this a bug?

Mimic uses the skinshortcuts script to manage the menus. As a result, you have to add your backgrounds folder as a source before you can access it via that dialog.

There is a skin setting to move the time/date from the main menu to the top of the home screen.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - wasabi2go - 2016-02-24

Is there a way to disable updates to the latest version of Mimic. I know I can turn off all update or set to notify, but wondering if there is a location or setting I am missing, for Mimic NOT to update. Am using my settings built for 15.2 that work perfectly on 16.0, until it goes through the add-opn updates, and then has issues with the latest version? Yes I will rebuild on 16.0, but it got me wondering if it could even be done?

Cheers[/align]

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - gmanlou - 2016-02-24

(2016-02-24, 20:43)wasabi2go Wrote: Is there a way to disable updates to the latest version of Mimic. I know I can turn off all update or set to notify, but wondering if there is a location or setting I am missing, for Mimic NOT to update. Am using my settings built for 15.2 that work perfectly on 16.0, until it goes through the add-opn updates, and then has issues with the latest version? Yes I will rebuild on 16.0, but it got me wondering if it could even be done?

Cheers[/align]

read my post above. you might have issues with setting the single image background for the menu options ... still waiting for a reply

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - maddog11 - 2016-02-24

(2016-02-24, 18:06)gmanlou Wrote: I have 16.0 JARVIS running on my amazon firestick with Mimic 3.3.1. My Mimic config i had for 15.2 is no good anymore which i understand. I went to set it up again and when i went to appearence > skin settings > home window > setup menu and widgets

i had this issue to. i deleted the repos and then i was able to choose my background location. Then i re added my repos...
wish i thought of adding the shortcut though. Live and learn i suppose Smile

regards

(2016-02-24, 22:29)gmanlou Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 20:43)wasabi2go Wrote: Is there a way to disable updates to the latest version of Mimic. I know I can turn off all update or set to notify, but wondering if there is a location or setting I am missing, for Mimic NOT to update. Am using my settings built for 15.2 that work perfectly on 16.0, until it goes through the add-opn updates, and then has issues with the latest version? Yes I will rebuild on 16.0, but it got me wondering if it could even be done?

Cheers[/align]

read my post above. you might have issues with setting the single image background for the menu options ... still waiting for a reply
Look for my response 2 posts above yours. Wink

Cheers[/align]

You are going to run into all kinds of problems if you try to mix and match settings and skin versions, or skin/Kodi versions.