Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - ezameht - 2016-02-24

Thanks for the great skin!
In Isengard I used weather fanart (depending on current weather condition) in the homescreen.
In Jarvis/Mimic 3 I cant't find this option. Weather Fanart - Multi is installed.
Is this supported in Mimic 3 on Jarvis?

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - gmanlou - 2016-02-24

(2016-02-24, 23:16)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 22:29)gmanlou Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 20:43)wasabi2go Wrote: Is there a way to disable updates to the latest version of Mimic. I know I can turn off all update or set to notify, but wondering if there is a location or setting I am missing, for Mimic NOT to update. Am using my settings built for 15.2 that work perfectly on 16.0, until it goes through the add-opn updates, and then has issues with the latest version? Yes I will rebuild on 16.0, but it got me wondering if it could even be done?

Cheers[/align]

read my post above. you might have issues with setting the single image background for the menu options ... still waiting for a reply
Look for my response 2 posts above yours. Wink

you da man braz - thanks

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - wasabi2go - 2016-02-25

(2016-02-24, 23:22)braz Wrote:
(2016-02-24, 20:43)wasabi2go Wrote: Is there a way to disable updates to the latest version of Mimic. I know I can turn off all update or set to notify, but wondering if there is a location or setting I am missing, for Mimic NOT to update. Am using my settings built for 15.2 that work perfectly on 16.0, until it goes through the add-opn updates, and then has issues with the latest version? Yes I will rebuild on 16.0, but it got me wondering if it could even be done?

Cheers[/align]

You are going to run into all kinds of problems if you try to mix and match settings and skin versions, or skin/Kodi versions.

Ok thanks for the quick reply

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-02-25

(2016-02-24, 23:33)ezameht Wrote: Thanks for the great skin!
In Isengard I used weather fanart (depending on current weather condition) in the homescreen.
In Jarvis/Mimic 3 I cant't find this option. Weather Fanart - Multi is installed.
Is this supported in Mimic 3 on Jarvis?
Go to the weather window and select your preferred weather fanart resource addon from the side menu. Then go to Skin Settings > Home window > Setup menus and widgets and set your menu background to Conditional Weather.

(2016-02-24, 09:25)Cudi Wrote: Can you explain where it should be available? I often "add queue" with folder/files.. After that, the "Current playlist" entry in the sidebar appears (and was working perfect until I updated from 3.2 - I installed from repo, where 3.3.1 is the newest version, and the problem is there too... On the current github version 3.4 too).. I searched about 30min yesterday if its possible to access the current playlist otherwise, but wasnt successful. On windows it should be avaialble with pressing "N" - but thats not working, because I am using a android device with simple remote
You have to play the playlist for the buttons to show up. Unfortunately there's no way to show them when the item are just queued.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=103944

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - mikeSiLVO - 2016-02-25

(2016-02-25, 06:10)braz Wrote: You have to play the playlist for the buttons to show up. Unfortunately there's no way to show them when the item are just queued.

These should work.
Code:
<visible>!StringCompare(Playlist.Length(video),0)</visible>

<visible>!StringCompare(Playlist.Length(music),0)</visible>

(2016-02-25, 06:18)mikesilvo164 Wrote:
(2016-02-25, 06:10)braz Wrote: You have to play the playlist for the buttons to show up. Unfortunately there's no way to show them when the item are just queued.

These should work.
Code:
<visible>!StringCompare(Playlist.Length(video),0)</visible>

<visible>!StringCompare(Playlist.Length(music),0)</visible>
Thanks Mike, works great!

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - mikeSiLVO - 2016-02-25

(2016-02-25, 07:01)braz Wrote: Thanks Mike, works great!
You're welcome, sir Smile

(2016-02-24, 09:25)Cudi Wrote: Can you explain where it should be available? I often "add queue" with folder/files.. After that, the "Current playlist" entry in the sidebar appears (and was working perfect until I updated from 3.2 - I installed from repo, where 3.3.1 is the newest version, and the problem is there too... On the current github version 3.4 too).. I searched about 30min yesterday if its possible to access the current playlist otherwise, but wasnt successful. On windows it should be avaialble with pressing "N" - but thats not working, because I am using a android device with simple remote
Ok, just pushed an update that implements the tips from Mike Silvo. You should now have 2 buttons in the side menu, one for music playlists and the other for video. They will show up if anything is queued in the playlists, they don't have to be playing.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Cudi - 2016-02-25

Great! Many, many thanks - Will give it a try when back at home Smile

EDIT: Works perfectly!

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - maddog11 - 2016-02-25

Loving this theme :}
Is it possible to create a short cut to skin settings? from the settings sub menu, also how does one set up widgets?

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Bridgwater - 2016-02-25

Hi Braz,

I am not sure if this is skin related or Jarvis related but I updated from 15.2 to 16 trying to watch star trek voyager on tv shows, sometimes it can be fine and carry on playing the next episode, and then sometimes it will stop at the menu system, I hit play on the next episode, and it plays it black screen with audio, you stop it and then start it again and now it is playing video but like it is flashing the video so not watchable.

I done a fresh install of Jarvis and a fresh install of the skin last night, but again no joy, so I am going to try another skin tonight just to see if it happens on that.

I will report back to say if it is skin related or other.

(2016-02-25, 10:17)maddog11 Wrote: Loving this theme :}
Is it possible to create a short cut to skin settings? from the settings sub menu, also how does one set up widgets?
You can fully customize the menus and widgets in Skin Settings > Home window > Setup menus and widgets.

(2016-02-25, 13:37)Bridgwater Wrote: Hi Braz,

I am not sure if this is skin related or Jarvis related but I updated from 15.2 to 16 trying to watch star trek voyager on tv shows, sometimes it can be fine and carry on playing the next episode, and then sometimes it will stop at the menu system, I hit play on the next episode, and it plays it black screen with audio, you stop it and then start it again and now it is playing video but like it is flashing the video so not watchable.

I done a fresh install of Jarvis and a fresh install of the skin last night, but again no joy, so I am going to try another skin tonight just to see if it happens on that.

I will report back to say if it is skin related or other.
Highly doubt it is skin related, check your video settings in Jarvis.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - gmanlou - 2016-02-25

this is probably an easy one but how do i add the date and time to the upper left hand corner like before - can't find the setting. thanks