Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - warlock09 - 2016-03-10

having same problems pls..i have my backgrounds all gone after mimic updated? tried the advanced option to export skin settings to a folder,,but i cannot import back?anything i did wrong pls!thanks ,,very good skin ,,thanks to the dev..all my submenus are there but my backgrounds all disappeared and now way i can recover??any help would be much appreciated pls,,thanks

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-03-11

(2016-03-10, 19:49)maddog11 Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 15:09)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 09:05)maddog11 Wrote: Love this skin by the way Smile

But Import skin settings is not working for me. I tried through the advanced tab and the toolbox. The Advanced tab cant even find a file in the folder it used to create the back up! The toolbox exports the skin settings to a .txt file, all good. Then New install of Kodi, load Mimic theme run advanced ->import skin setting no file seen. Run the Toolbox import setting direct it to the file location for the export file it created. choose the "skin.mimic.backup.txt" file, it says import complete. i reload Kodi nothing imported.

Am i doing something wrong?
Mimic's backup function is now provided by skin helper service, not the Toolbox script. So it isn't possible to mix and match. If you export from the Advanced skin settings, then do an import, it should work. Please let me know if it doesn't.

Hi it doesnt work for me using the advanced settings backup/import

regards
I just tested Export > Reset > Import skin settings and everything worked as it should. Post a debug log if it still doesn't for you.

(2016-03-10, 20:03)warlock09 Wrote: having same problems pls..i have my backgrounds all gone after mimic updated? tried the advanced option to export skin settings to a folder,,but i cannot import back?anything i did wrong pls!thanks ,,very good skin ,,thanks to the dev..all my submenus are there but my backgrounds all disappeared and now way i can recover??any help would be much appreciated pls,,thanks
Did you update Kodi from Isengad to Jarvis? If so, all of the menu items need to be reset because the skin now uses script.skinshortcuts. How exactly are you setting your backgrounds? Using the menu customizer or the global background skin settings? You'll have to provide more details for me to have an idea what might be causing the issue.

(2016-03-08, 01:52)jsnj Wrote: Hi. Thanks for this skin. I`ve been using the 3.4.0 version. Glad the infoline & top header are back. Couple PVR issues:

1)The infoline is not long enough to accommodate the pvr info.
This should now be fixed on github.

(2016-03-09, 15:17)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi All,

First of all I would provide my compliments for this wonderful skin! Thanks for the effort in the continuous update and improvements!

I report hereafter some points that would be nice if you can consider in the next update of the skin:

- Add banner view for the TV Series
- Possible additional views for the ROM Colleciton Browser add-on
- I've red that you are not planning specific improvements for Advanced Launcher add-on, but would be just nice to have some additional view options
- Even with the current views, Advance Launcher doesn't show the information of the program while pressing "i"; I don't know if this is a skin or add-on related issue
- When browsing any of the content in the widgets (I don't know if this applies also to other menus), the "highlight rectangle" seems to pass under the thumbnails giving a "disappearing" effect to it; would it be possible to have it pass over them? I don't know if this is a specific implementation decision. I just attach a picture to make clear what I Am referring to:

Thanks in advance for your support.
Thanks!

1) Using Wall view, you can change the art to banners from the side menu. There's also a banner option when using Infowall view.
2) No plans to do any more work on Rom Collection Browser. Waiting to see what Retroplayer brings.
3) I use Advanced Launcher, but List and Thumbnail views are enough for me. Likely won't add any others soon.
4) Advanced Launcher doesn't provide an information dialog. I faked it in my Arctic Zephyr mod, might do that here at some point.
5) It's designed to slide in the background, no plans to change that.

(2016-03-08, 21:54)Sn00p Wrote: Excellent ! You rock ! Many thanks, one more time ! Wink

If I may make a little suggestion for the top header : I think it could be cool if it was animated when displaying (going down from the top of the screen, like you did for the previous top header bar). Don't know if you could give it a try (if you want and when you'll have time, of course Smile )

Already said it before, but mimic is my everyday skin and I really love it : thanks for all your work !
Will have to think about the animation, I didn't care for the previous one too much because it stayed static while in the My*Nav.xml sections.

(2016-03-08, 06:13)rpcameron Wrote: I second the request for episode information. I've been modding the XML files to incorporate the ListItem.EpisodeName or VideoPlayer.EpisodeName $INFO tags, but there are so many places that I've missed a few. Having to add the mods back in after each update is a bit tedious, but after comparing the sources with Confluence's, I think I've managed to find most of them.

Can I also request an option to remove genre colors from the EpgGrid ... One less thing to mod on each update.

All in all though, still the cleanest skin for Kodi. Thanks for all the hard work!
If you're using the github version of the skin with uncompressed textures, you can simply delete the media/pvr/genres folder to get rid of the epg colors.

(2016-03-08, 10:30)meccs Wrote: Can anyone tell me how to disable the widget fanart? When I use the default layout with recent movies widget and move up to a recent movie, it shows the fanart in the background. I thought I had everything fanart related disabled but I think I missed one. Thanks
Not possible, someone would need to mod it.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - warlock09 - 2016-03-11

(2016-03-11, 02:57)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 20:03)warlock09 Wrote: having same problems pls..i have my backgrounds all gone after mimic updated? tried the advanced option to export skin settings to a folder,,but i cannot import back?anything i did wrong pls!thanks ,,very good skin ,,thanks to the dev..all my submenus are there but my backgrounds all disappeared and now way i can recover??any help would be much appreciated pls,,thanks
Did you update Kodi from Isengad to Jarvis? If so, all of the menu items need to be reset because the skin now uses script.skinshortcuts. How exactly are you setting your backgrounds? Using the menu customizer or the global background skin settings? You'll have to provide more details for me to have an idea what might be causing the issue.

thanks for quick reply dev. didnt update from isengard to javis,i made the skin from jarvis 16.0 using the previous version u have ,when i received the new update on your skin,backgrounds gone and fallback image gone as well, but skin settings was stiil there the submenus and main menus?what i did was i added my background as a source thinking that was the only way i wont loose it when i get an update of your skin. the folder for my backgrounds was inside your skins folder and then added it as source and used special protocol ,special://home. and the folder of my backgrounds is gone as well,,iinside the skin.mimicfolder.any ideas whats wrong with what did.any help would much appreciated.it was not this co,mplicated on isengard?now on jarvis everything has changed.any other way i can save my backgrounds so i wont loose it when you update the skin next time,i do section backgrounds thats how i like it.thank you..

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Fist - 2016-03-11

Yep, rolling back is the answer. So much for Mimic going forward. Pity.

(2016-03-10, 01:36)apothegm Wrote:
(2016-03-10, 01:21)braz Wrote: See my post here re: vertical layout submenus.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=2275723#pid2275723

Aw. Well I guess I'm rolling back a version.

I didn't notice any animation issues with the way it worked before. If there were no animations at all I'd be just as happy and I almost never use widgets.

How about the issue with the highlighted option not matching the selected option I noted in my post here?

I appreciate the hard work! Thanks again!

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - AnafternoonAlone - 2016-03-11

(2016-03-09, 16:28)dadodd Wrote: Hello guys,I am using mimic theme since ever and it is great, but this last update has some things that are not reasonable to me so I had to manually revert to previous version. This version hase some great feature and I would like to use it but big minus is new LIVE TV /PVR look!!!
First of all channels logo are small ,text of current show on channel is very small and last and the worse thing for me; line showing duration of current show is just too long and too big ..from one side to other ....before was better smaller ...I don't know if anyone other noticed this changes and what is your opinion?
Can this be fixed in next update please?

I came here to mention this. The current Channels view is not as good as previous 3.3 / 3.2 versions. In addition to what "dadodd" says about logo size and the duration line, I would like to add one thing.. the title of the Current Show under the Channel name was previously an alternate colour (blue by default). Now it is the same colour and the effect is that the left hand side of the screen is not broken up enough for the eye to easily evaluate the separate channels. Its a small thing, but for me its a big step backwards.

Also, the current time is now longer on this screen as it was in previous versions. So it is difficult to know "where in time" I am without checking a watch or clock.

This view in 3.2 was pretty much perfect. No need to change what is already perfect.

I ended up rolling back to 3.2 manually on all my TVs. I will try again for the next version, but until the Live TV Channels view is useable, I will stay at the old version.

We mainly use Kodi for Live TV and Mimic is our used skin as it is the best for all my family to use on all of our TVs. Nice and clean and most easy to read from 15 feet Smile. Mimic is the only skim (IMHO) that gives our TVs a professional modern simple look. Great work and thank you.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - axlt2002 - 2016-03-11

(2016-03-11, 07:04)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 15:17)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi All,

First of all I would provide my compliments for this wonderful skin! Thanks for the effort in the continuous update and improvements!

I report hereafter some points that would be nice if you can consider in the next update of the skin:

- Add banner view for the TV Series
- Possible additional views for the ROM Colleciton Browser add-on
- I've red that you are not planning specific improvements for Advanced Launcher add-on, but would be just nice to have some additional view options
- Even with the current views, Advance Launcher doesn't show the information of the program while pressing "i"; I don't know if this is a skin or add-on related issue
- When browsing any of the content in the widgets (I don't know if this applies also to other menus), the "highlight rectangle" seems to pass under the thumbnails giving a "disappearing" effect to it; would it be possible to have it pass over them? I don't know if this is a specific implementation decision. I just attach a picture to make clear what I Am referring to:

Thanks in advance for your support.
Thanks!

1) Using Wall view, you can change the art to banners from the side menu. There's also a banner option when using Infowall view.
2) No plans to do any more work on Rom Collection Browser. Waiting to see what Retroplayer brings.
3) I use Advanced Launcher, but List and Thumbnail views are enough for me. Likely won't add any others soon.
4) Advanced Launcher doesn't provide an information dialog. I faked it in my Arctic Zephyr mod, might do that here at some point.
5) It's designed to slide in the background, no plans to change that.

Thanks a lot braz for taking time in answering my questions.

I have "played" this afternoon with Mimic settings and I have to say that is really the solution I was looking for. The only point I would ask is if it would be possible to have a view List Big similar to the Confluence one that does not use the thumbnail on the right side in orer to gain space for the text (thumbnails for each line as well as votes and resolution are not mandatory):

If not in your intentions, can you give me some directive on how to make such a view? May be starting from the List one?

Thanks a lot!

(2016-03-11, 10:37)warlock09 Wrote:
(2016-03-11, 02:57)braz Wrote:

thanks for quick reply dev. didnt update from isengard to javis,i made the skin from jarvis 16.0 using the previous version u have ,when i received the new update on your skin,backgrounds gone and fallback image gone as well, but skin settings was stiil there the submenus and main menus?what i did was i added my background as a source thinking that was the only way i wont loose it when i get an update of your skin. the folder for my backgrounds was inside your skins folder and then added it as source and used special protocol ,special://home. and the folder of my backgrounds is gone as well,,iinside the skin.mimicfolder.any ideas whats wrong with what did.any help would much appreciated.it was not this co,mplicated on isengard?now on jarvis everything has changed.any other way i can save my backgrounds so i wont loose it when you update the skin next time,i do section backgrounds thats how i like it.thank you..
Anything you put in the skin's folder will be overwritten when the skin updates. This is true for every skin, not just Mimic. Recommend putting your background images somewhere else on your harddrive so they don't get overwritten.

(2016-03-11, 10:57)Fist Wrote: Yep, rolling back is the answer. So much for Mimic going forward. Pity.
Pouting isn't going to get you anywhere. What you need to realize is that whenever a user asks for something, there are likely compromises that have to be made regarding other features. With the vertical layout widgets now taking up most of the screen, there isn't room for the old submenu style. I might have been willing to look for ways to bring back the old submenus, but with your attitude there is little chance I will be spending any time on this.

(2016-03-11, 14:03)AnafternoonAlone Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 16:28)dadodd Wrote: Hello guys,I am using mimic theme since ever and it is great, but this last update has some things that are not reasonable to me so I had to manually revert to previous version. This version hase some great feature and I would like to use it but big minus is new LIVE TV /PVR look!!!
First of all channels logo are small ,text of current show on channel is very small and last and the worse thing for me; line showing duration of current show is just too long and too big ..from one side to other ....before was better smaller ...I don't know if anyone other noticed this changes and what is your opinion?
Can this be fixed in next update please?

I came here to mention this. The current Channels view is not as good as previous 3.3 / 3.2 versions. In addition to what "dadodd" says about logo size and the duration line, I would like to add one thing.. the title of the Current Show under the Channel name was previously an alternate colour (blue by default). Now it is the same colour and the effect is that the left hand side of the screen is not broken up enough for the eye to easily evaluate the separate channels. Its a small thing, but for me its a big step backwards.

Also, the current time is now longer on this screen as it was in previous versions. So it is difficult to know "where in time" I am without checking a watch or clock.

This view in 3.2 was pretty much perfect. No need to change what is already perfect.

I ended up rolling back to 3.2 manually on all my TVs. I will try again for the next version, but until the Live TV Channels view is useable, I will stay at the old version.

We mainly use Kodi for Live TV and Mimic is our used skin as it is the best for all my family to use on all of our TVs. Nice and clean and most easy to read from 15 feet Smile. Mimic is the only skim (IMHO) that gives our TVs a professional modern simple look. Great work and thank you.
While the new channels layout works for me, I can see how it wouldn't be optimum for others. Will be taking a look at this and try to come up with something that works for everyone.

(2016-03-11, 18:49)axlt2002 Wrote: Thanks a lot braz for taking time in answering my questions.

I have "played" this afternoon with Mimic settings and I have to say that is really the solution I was looking for. The only point I would ask is if it would be possible to have a view List Big similar to the Confluence one that does not use the thumbnail on the right side in orer to gain space for the text (thumbnails for each line as well as votes and resolution are not mandatory):

If not in your intentions, can you give me some directive on how to make such a view? May be starting from the List one?

Thanks a lot!
Will take a look, there may be a way to add an option for hiding the large poster on the current list view and expanding the width of the list.