Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - kashmiri - 2016-03-14

Thanks for great work!

I see no way to tell whether a given film is 3D or more traditional 2D. The earlier skin version displayed a special icon when the film was detected as 3D. I have both 2D and 3D versions of some films in my library, but with the new Mimic I am unable to tell which one is which - unless play each of them. Not a comfortable situation when having guests over for a screening, hope you'll agree Smile

Some skins display icons for 3D, HD and SD already in the list view below film name, I've found it extremely handy. As a matter of fact, I found the list layout in re-Focus 2.0 skin most useful when using a 3D projector + android box set.

Also, audio/sub language codes have gone to a hidden second screen in movie details - is there a way to have them in a more visible / easily accessible place. ideally just somewhere right on movie detail page? I recon this might not be much of an issue for the native English folks who perhaps hardly ever watch non-English films; but the rest of the world often have multilingual film libraries.

Thanks!

Many thanks

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-03-14

(2016-03-14, 02:24)kashmiri Wrote: Thanks for great work!

I see no way to tell whether a given film is 3D or more traditional 2D. The earlier skin version displayed a special icon when the film was detected as 3D. I have both 2D and 3D versions of some films in my library, but with the new Mimic I am unable to tell which one is which - unless play each of them. Not a comfortable situation when having guests over for a screening, hope you'll agree Smile

Some skins display icons for 3D, HD and SD already in the list view below film name, I've found it extremely handy. As a matter of fact, I found the list layout in re-Focus 2.0 skin most useful when using a 3D projector + android box set.

Also, audio/sub language codes have gone to a hidden second screen in movie details - is there a way to have them in a more visible / easily accessible place. ideally just somewhere right on movie detail page? I recon this might not be much of an issue for the native English folks who perhaps hardly ever watch non-English films; but the rest of the world often have multilingual film libraries.

Thanks!

Many thanks
I'm going to add a 3D flag to the video info dialog, may even redesign the media flags at the bottom of the dialog. Likely won't add a 3D icon in any of the media views though. Audio/sub languages will likely stay where they are. I could move them to the first page on the video info dialog, but which items would I replace? If I did, others would complain as everyone has a different priority. I could display flag icons for audio/subtitle languages, but I kind of like the 3-letter labels as the country flags are not very descriptive.

Update: I take that back, there is a 3D flag that will be displayed in certain views if the new media flags skin setting is turned on. Check the General section of the skin settings.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - miicker - 2016-03-14

In the LowList view, is it possible to add movie information, like HD, sound quality and if the movie is 3D or not. I have no idea which movie is 3D and which movie isn't.
When I had the previous version of Kodi (before Jarvis), it was possible to select a view where you would see this information when you selected the movie.

(2016-03-14, 15:56)miicker Wrote: In the LowList view, is it possible to add movie information, like HD, sound quality and if the movie is 3D or not. I have no idea which movie is 3D and which movie isn't.
When I had the previous version of Kodi (before Jarvis), it was possible to select a view where you would see this information when you selected the movie.
See the post above yours. The latest version on github includes a setting to display media flags.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - dadodd - 2016-03-14

Hy braz I have issue with widgets on this latest version. I updated skin shortcuts to the latest version ,but it didn't fixed, only widget from weather showing,movie and tv series just empty widget with title.

(2016-03-14, 19:32)dadodd Wrote: Hy braz I have issue with widgets on this latest version. I updated skin shortcuts to the latest version ,but it didn't fixed, only widget from weather showing,movie and tv series just empty widget with title.
Are you sure you updated script.skinshortcuts by downloading the latest zip from it's github page?

(2016-03-14, 21:10)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 19:32)dadodd Wrote: Hy braz I have issue with widgets on this latest version. I updated skin shortcuts to the latest version ,but it didn't fixed, only widget from weather showing,movie and tv series just empty widget with title.
Are you sure you updated script.skinshortcuts by downloading the latest zip from it's github page?

Yes i used you link,mentioned before..version 1.0.8...and I tried also couple of times installing it again and the theme also,nothing changed...tried changing widget...only weather works..I don't know ...is there anywhere some log file I can send you?

Edit: maybe I skipped some github version of yours theme, because I updated last time when you changed PVR look for me,and now this last version when you changed again PVR,flags etc

(2016-03-14, 21:22)dadodd Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 21:10)braz Wrote:

Yes i used you link,mentioned before..version 1.0.8...and I tried also couple of times installing it again and the theme also,nothing changed...tried changing widget...only weather works..I don't know ...is there anywhere some log file I can send you?
Yeah, you can upload a log to a site like pastebin or xbmclogs and link it here. See http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

I sent you log

(2016-03-14, 21:36)dadodd Wrote: Here it is can you just let me know when you have seen the link so I can delete this message,because I can not send you PM
I found one error re: Mimic that I just fixed, shouldn't have caused the widgets to not load though.

FYI, there is no need to PM, I only provide support here on the forum. Why do you need to remove your log anyway? Guessing it's because of the piracy repos you have installed, please review the forum rules. http://kodi.wiki/view/Official:Forum_rules/Banned_add-ons

I tried this last version ,same thing again..no widget only weather , don't know if anybody else have same problem...

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - st789 - 2016-03-14

I love the skin but whenever I shutdown Kodi and boot back up my settings are switched back to the default. The only settings changes I've made are to turn on the header and submenus. Any advice?

(2016-03-14, 23:18)dadodd Wrote: I tried this last version ,same thing again..no widget only weather , don't know if anybody else have same problem...
Did you download the latest Mimic from github today? Because I've made some very recent commits for widgets and everything is working here.

(2016-03-14, 23:30)st789 Wrote: I love the skin but whenever I shutdown Kodi and boot back up my settings are switched back to the default. The only settings changes I've made are to turn on the header and submenus. Any advice?
Whenever I've seen this reported on the forum it's usually associated with a community build. Make sure you have a vanila version of Kodi downloaded from kodi.tv.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - st789 - 2016-03-14

(2016-03-14, 23:35)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 23:30)st789 Wrote: I love the skin but whenever I shutdown Kodi and boot back up my settings are switched back to the default. The only settings changes I've made are to turn on the header and submenus. Any advice?
Whenever I've seen this reported on the forum it's usually associated with a community build. Make sure you have a vanila version of Kodi downloaded from kodi.tv.

It's a vanilla version. No builds. Just Jarvis straight from kodi.tv. Running on a firestick.

The only thing I can think of is that I've had other skins installed before this one. Would that be a problem?