Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - dadodd - 2016-03-14

(2016-03-14, 23:34)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 23:18)dadodd Wrote: I tried this last version ,same thing again..no widget only weather , don't know if anybody else have same problem...
Did you download the latest Mimic from github today? Because I've made some very recent commits for widgets and everything is working here.

Yes I have,but I think problem is it with my kodi,because I tried to revert now to older version and it says it has done it and it writes version 3.4.0. ..but looks and settings are from this newer version ,differences would be in PVR look ,settings and so on...I will try tomorrow deleting all and install everything on new..maybe it will fix it..thank you for help

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - herbaluss - 2016-03-15

Braz, Thanks a lot for the hard work your putting into this build. I'm loving the new skin setup and got the new 3.4.1 finally working and playing around with it...

question is when you have the vertical menu and it's expanded how can you minimize it manually? or it is on a timer to compress itself?

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-15, 00:05)herbaluss Wrote: Braz, Thanks a lot for the hard work your putting into this build. I'm loving the new skin setup and got the new 3.4.1 finally working and playing around with it...

question is when you have the vertical menu and it's expanded how can you minimize it manually? or it is on a timer to compress itself?
Press back to close the submenu on the vertical layout.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - herbaluss - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-15, 00:31)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 00:05)herbaluss Wrote: Braz, Thanks a lot for the hard work your putting into this build. I'm loving the new skin setup and got the new 3.4.1 finally working and playing around with it...

Press back to close the submenu on the vertical layout.

I know I was doing that before and now it's working .... geesh.. Thanks

(2016-03-14, 23:49)st789 Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 23:35)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-14, 23:30)st789 Wrote: I love the skin but whenever I shutdown Kodi and boot back up my settings are switched back to the default. The only settings changes I've made are to turn on the header and submenus. Any advice?
Whenever I've seen this reported on the forum it's usually associated with a community build. Make sure you have a vanila version of Kodi downloaded from kodi.tv.

It's a vanilla version. No builds. Just Jarvis straight from kodi.tv. Running on a firestick.

The only thing I can think of is that I've had other skins installed before this one. Would that be a problem?
Having other skins installed isn't the problem. Skins all save their settings in their own settings.xml file now. No idea what is causing the issue.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - desertfaze - 2016-03-15

I get a circle with a line through it up by the time in the top right corner and I can't get rid of it. I thought it was a volume thing, but I hit the + key and that didn't work, nor did f10. So I don't think that's the issue. Any ideas?

(2016-03-15, 05:18)desertfaze Wrote: I get a circle with a line through it up by the time in the top right corner and I can't get rid of it. I thought it was a volume thing, but I hit the + key and that didn't work, nor did f10. So I don't think that's the issue. Any ideas?
It should be showing an icon for the current weather. If it's showing the circle with a line through it, that means that you haven't selected a weather icon resource addon and you don't have the default weather icons resource addon installed.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - samasia - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-14, 23:18)dadodd Wrote: I tried this last version ,same thing again..no widget only weather , don't know if anybody else have same problem...

have exactly the same problem, regardless if default kodi, my build or when i reinstall the skin ( from github ) and set the widgets up new.
weather loads, all other not, when i reload the skin, they mostly load then, but gets frustrating of course.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - exzemat - 2016-03-15

(2016-02-29, 01:01)braz Wrote: Redesigned the settings window to more closely match the rest of the skin...

Hello,
It's personal, but I don't like this new design
is it possible to manually back to the previously settings windows ?
Thanks

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - joro_abv - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-15, 08:23)exzemat Wrote:
(2016-02-29, 01:01)braz Wrote: Redesigned the settings window to more closely match the rest of the skin...

Hello,
Thanks

To be honest, I also liked the old layout much more.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - dadodd - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-15, 07:26)samasia Wrote:

have exactly the same problem, regardless if default kodi, my build or when i reinstall the skin ( from github ) and set the widgets up new.
weather loads, all other not, when i reload the skin, they mostly load then, but gets frustrating of course.

Oke I just solved my problem with widgets not showing...,finally. Problem was with skin shortcuts add-on not updating. When I tried to update with githib version ,Kodi was showing it was still version 1.0.0. So what I did, went to addons folder ,and delete all skin shortcuts folders, there are 2 (script &context). Then copied new version from github into addons folder and changed name to script.skinshortcuts, then copy again github version ,same, and this time change folder to context.skinshortcut.addtomenu.... And it is working now!!!! So the problem was kodi didn't won't to update skin shortcuts to this new version so you have to do it manually as I said in this post. Hope it helps some one.
Big GrinBig Grin

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - BobCratchett - 2016-03-15

You're mixing up your skin shortcuts add-ons. There are two:-

script.skinshortcuts - the main script, responsible for managing and building the menu

context.skinshortcuts.addtomenu - adds an entry to the context menu to send a folder to the main script to be added to your main menu

For the code that Braz is testing out in Mimic, you require the latest version of the main script (version 1.0.8, with the current repo version being 1.0.7). The context menu add-on is entirely optional, and only exists as version 1.0.0 Smile

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Fist - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-15, 12:20)joro_abv Wrote:
(2016-03-15, 08:23)exzemat Wrote:

Hello,
Thanks

To be honest, I also liked the old layout much more.

1. Settings>Add-Ons> Left arrow to bring up side menu > Change Autoupdates to Notify
2. Right arrow to hide menu.
3. My Add-Ons>Look & Feel>Skin>Mimic
4. Select Update
5. "Update" (rollback) to 3.3.1
6. To update other add-ons in future, go to Available Updates in the top directory of the Add-Ons browser.

Then, unless you want to deal with the recent changes, manually update your other add-ons but leave Mimic be.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - dadodd - 2016-03-15

(2016-03-15, 12:32)BobCratchett Wrote: You're mixing up your skin shortcuts add-ons. There are two:-

script.skinshortcuts - the main script, responsible for managing and building the menu

context.skinshortcuts.addtomenu - adds an entry to the context menu to send a folder to the main script to be added to your main menu

For the code that Braz is testing out in Mimic, you require the latest version of the main script (version 1.0.8, with the current repo version being 1.0.7). The context menu add-on is entirely optional, and only exists as version 1.0.0 Smile
Oke ,but when i tried leaving this context with normal version 1.0.0 ,widgets didnt work but when i have done as said in previous post it worked,and now is working..Huh

Maybe the problem is with this context.skin short cuts because now I removed this add-on and widget is working when I install it back It doesn't work no widgets.something goes wrong when you have both addons installed...

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - BobCratchett - 2016-03-15

If there's something going wrong with the context add-on installed I'd greatly appreciate a debug log (wiki) (with script.skinshortcuts own debug logging option enabled - System/Settings > Add-Ons > Sytem > Dependencies > Skin Shortcuts, and showing a menu build - just make any random change to your main menu, such as moving one item and moving it back again), as that add-on has absolutely nothing to do with the widgets so I'd love to find out where its interfering and fix it Smile