Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-03-20

(2016-03-20, 05:00)jsnj Wrote: Latest version from github with home menu icons prevents the now playing video background from appearing on the home screen. Reverting back to the previous version fixes it. Also last few versions I have to keep reloading the skin to see codec info on videos. Stopping a video and starting a different video requires reloading the skin to see codec info.
Both issues fixed on github, thanks for reporting!

Update: Just realized visualizations needed to be added back to the home background too. Added to github, but viz performance on the home screen isn't too good in my testing. Doesn't seem to be as smooth and some (Spectrum) seem to be running way too fast. Not sure if it has something to do with trying to include the viz window in my home backgrounds template.

Update 2: After testing further, it looks like Spectrum and MilkDrop are the only visualizations not working correctly on the home screen. Wondering if it is instead a DirectX issue on Windows.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Capt.Insano - 2016-03-20

@braz

Yet again thank you for your work on this skin, it is looking great these days!!

I have a feature request/edit if you have the time:

I use the "Nextup Service Notification" and I love how it works but in Mimic the popup is huge and in the centre of the screen meaning that it covers what is going on on-screen. This causes no problems when there is full credits but often shows have content playing while credits are rolling and the pop-up makes it hard/impossible to see.

What other skins have done (including Arctic: Zephyr which you have worked on) is to have the pop-up be a small box in the lower right corner which means the content is still visible.

Would you please consider changing the size/location/style of the pop-up?! (again, I would highly recommend the styling of the Arctic: Zephyr Nextup Notification as an idea)

Regards,

The Capt

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-03-20

(2016-03-20, 19:55)Capt.Insano Wrote: @braz

Yet again thank you for your work on this skin, it is looking great these days!!

I have a feature request/edit if you have the time:

I use the "Nextup Service Notification" and I love how it works but in Mimic the popup is huge and in the centre of the screen meaning that it covers what is going on on-screen. This causes no problems when there is full credits but often shows have content playing while credits are rolling and the pop-up makes it hard/impossible to see.

What other skins have done (including Arctic: Zephyr which you have worked on) is to have the pop-up be a small box in the lower right corner which means the content is still visible.

Would you please consider changing the size/location/style of the pop-up?! (again, I would highly recommend the styling of the Arctic: Zephyr Nextup Notification as an idea)

Regards,

The Capt
Was going to take a look at it, but can't get the plot or images to show up in the dialog. Can't figure out what is going on, seems like something changed with the script.

Update: Went ahead and redesigned the Nextup Notification dialogs similar to Arctic Zephyr since the images and plot don't seem to be populated by the script.

Dude you are a machine!!

Downloading from GIT now to test!

Thanks!

Update:

I updated my Mimic install, new NextUp notification looks much better IMHO!! Well done!

A few bugs to report:
My notification did not have the timer digit like in your screen shot above, the coloured circle was present but no digits in the centre.

also: My last Mimic install was based on your repo at this point in time:

https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/tree/25777c963b9e17a101f0600127e002c227818b96

It was the 13th March (a week ago). After updating to latest version just now; my home screen in very slow and jerky to navigate. All other areas (Settings/Library etc.) are all OK.

Any ideas as what could have caused the degrade in smoothness over the last week?

Thanks,

The Capt

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-03-21

(2016-03-20, 23:56)Capt.Insano Wrote: Update:

I updated my Mimic install, new NextUp notification looks much better IMHO!! Well done!

A few bugs to report:
My notification did not have the timer digit like in your screen shot above, the coloured circle was present but no digits in the centre.

also: My last Mimic install was based on your repo at this point in time:

https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/tree/25777c963b9e17a101f0600127e002c227818b96

It was the 13th March (a week ago). After updating to latest version just now; my home screen in very slow and jerky to navigate. All other areas (Settings/Library etc.) are all OK.

Any ideas as what could have caused the degrade in smoothness over the last week?

Thanks,

The Capt
Will check the countdown digits, no idea why they didn't show up for you.

What home layout do you use? Vertical? Do you have video or visualizations displayed in the background? There are a lot of visibility conditions and animations involved in making all of the home screen options work. I don't notice any performance issues, but I'm running it on an Intel i7 gaming machine.

It would definitely be easier to just code it for the options I personally use, but I can imagine the firestorm if I remove any features. Wink

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Capt.Insano - 2016-03-21

I can understand!

I use the following layout:
Default, Centre Menus, Show Header, Always show Submenus and have no visualisations running.
I am running this on OpenElec 7.0 on RPi3 with mild overclock, was running smoothly right up until I updated earlier on.

I am currently downloading your repo as it was on the 13th March to install over the new version to check if things return to normal.

Will report back shortly

After downgrading to Mimic as of:

I can confirm much smooth navigation on the home screen with 13th March version without ANY change in skin settings.

I will download versions of the skin as of the end of each day this week and see if I can pinpoint the possible regression.

I will update further when I have something

Checked the countdown label for Nextup Notification, everything looks in order. Can't figure out why it didn't show up, it's working here.

Can you try the other home layouts and see if they are also slow and jerky? I've been doing a lot of work on the vertical home layout, haven't changed too much on the default layout. The one big change in the last week is how the home backgrounds are displayed. I combined the previous background options with the new widgets backgrounds in a new include. Wondering if that is causing issues on lower-powered systems.

Update:

From my testing, the regression happened on the 19/03/16.
If I update to commit e84bcea (last commit dated 19/03/16) I loose smoothness of home menus, but if I downgrade to commit be662ef (last commit 18/03/16) all goes back to normal.

I will continue testing to narrow down the likely commit on 19/03/16 that caused the issues!

(2016-03-21, 00:36)Capt.Insano Wrote: Update:

If I update to commit e84bcea (last commit dated 19/03/16) I loose smoothness of home menus, but if I downgrade to commit be662ef (last commit 18/03/16) all goes back to normal.

I will continue testing to narrow down the likely commit on 19/03/16 that caused the issues!
If you can, please test this commit, my guess is that it is the culprit.

https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/commit/5b4ac0f31dbd2dd7258a9d9e8843335f0fdd539f

(2016-03-21, 00:38)braz Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 00:36)Capt.Insano Wrote: Update:

If you can, please test this commit, my guess is that it is the culprit.

https://github.com/braz96/skin.mimic/commit/5b4ac0f31dbd2dd7258a9d9e8843335f0fdd539f

You are absolutely right!!

Commit: 48c77bc3 "Added option for icons on vertical main menu + animation fixes" : Perfectly smooth
Commit: 5b4ac0f "Reconfigure home fanart" : Very choppy during navigation

Is it possible to have that commit reverted?

My guess is that you experience the same slowdown using the vertical and top menu? This commit combines the home fanart with the widget fanart so there is a seamless transition between the two. If I have to, I can change this back so the widget fanart loads on top of the home fanart.

(2016-03-21, 00:55)braz Wrote: My guess is that you experience the same slowdown using the vertical and top menu?

Correct, just tested all home layouts and same slowdown in all after that commit.

(2016-03-21, 00:58)Capt.Insano Wrote:
(2016-03-21, 00:55)braz Wrote: My guess is that you experience the same slowdown using the vertical and top menu?

Correct, just tested all home layouts and same slowdown in all after that commit.
Before I revert it back, just want to confirm...are you running the latest script.skinshortcuts from github?