Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-04-10

(2016-04-10, 18:40)Gonzohunter Wrote: It's not the only reason I liked the skin. It's the reason I chose to move my build to it. I've just wasted two days of my life moving a build over for solely that reason and yours is the best skin that supported it.

I just don't understand why you'd remove it once it's already there. It's not hurting anyone and it's only going to turn (some) people away. I love the skin and I've settled on this view for now but I just don't like it. It's not a pop at you, I just don't like it. I really detest that star rating for a start. It tells you nothing. I'd much prefer the actual rating to show. I've spent months making logos for shows that don't have them. I don't want that time to be a waste too.

EDIT: Words that fit into the main menu bar without scrolling are now not fitting and it's auto scrolling. 3PM Kickoff would fit before. It doesn't now.
Just like you said about the star ratings, some like them and some hate them. It's impossible to please everyone, so I just code what I like.

Not sure what you mean about the main menu bar, would help to see a screenshot. If you are talking about the main menu on the home screen, that hasn't changed recently. There's an option in skin settings for wider menu items to allow for longer text (4 items instead of 5).

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Gonzohunter - 2016-04-11

Why would anyone prefer the stars? I have 252 shows and 231 of them say 4 stars. It's absolutely pointless as most shows are between 7.5 and 8.5 rating. A rating out of 10 is a much clearer option. Scrolling through I just see constant 4 stars. Surely you do too?

Regarding the menu bar. Before the update I had menu links and one was named 3PM Kickoff (these are just words so I hope I'm allowed to say this here). It now shows as 3PM Kicko... (it would display properly before the update). When I highlight it the entire word shows but then it starts scrolling along (like a plot would scroll) even though it fits in the allotted highlighted space. You can recreate this effect if you name your link anything that is too long to display. It's just something that I've noticed since I received the update. It's no real biggie but I thought I'd bring it to your attention.

I can't provide a screenshot right now but I'll be able to later this evening.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-04-11

@Gonzohunter

Sounds like the problem is the distribution of scores and not the stars themselves. Is there really any difference between a score of 7.5 and 8 anyway? You're welcome to mod the skin to your liking.

If you want to use long titles, select the Default home layout and turn on the option for wider menu items. You can also try the different fonts available in Settings > Appearance as some take up more room than others. Or try the vertical layout, it will also provide more room for longer menu labels (3PM Kickoff fits on vertical).

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - SSorcereRR - 2016-04-11

Managed to make some changes to the LowPanel View - added the InfoLabels and changed the font.
Thanks Braz for the help. Looking sexy now Wink

http://imgur.com/a/cBH3Z

Is there a way to show the complete MPAA rating instead of "...." at the end?

(2016-04-11, 12:55)SSorcereRR Wrote: Managed to make some changes to the LowPanel View - added the InfoLabels and changed the font.
Thanks Braz for the help. Looking sexy now Wink

http://imgur.com/a/cBH3Z

Is there a way to show the complete MPAA rating instead of "...." at the end?
Looks good, please remove the screenshot that features a banned addon though. The dots are there because the label isn't wide enough, just increase its width so it fits.

I have now removed that image as you asked.

Which label is it though? I can't seem to find it. I increased the width of the title label and it didn't make any difference.
Please include HelveticaNeue in your official skin if possible.

(2016-04-11, 20:37)SSorcereRR Wrote: I have now removed that image as you asked.

Which label is it though? I can't seem to find it. I increased the width of the title label and it didn't make any difference.
Please include HelveticaNeue in your official skin if possible.

Whatever label control you created to hold that extra info needs to be wider.

Is that on open source font? If not, it can't be included. Looks a lot like Roboto which is already available.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I'll have a look again.

Yeah it's open source.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - TMonte87 - 2016-04-11

Is there a known bug where the submenus DO NOT show unless triggered even when "Always Show Submenus" is set to on?

** This is only happening on my FireTV devices after importing skin settings.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Joe123 - 2016-04-11

I cannot install this skin anymore. I get the same error every time
I am on AFTV
Latest everything

Error is - The dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.11.0 could not be satisfied.

That is straight from the log. The log contains no other info.

The last successful install I had was the one where you fixed the slowness on home screen moving menu to menu.

(2016-04-11, 21:14)TMonte87 Wrote: Is there a known bug where the submenus DO NOT show unless triggered even when "Always Show Submenus" is set to on?

If you're importing skin settings from an earlier version, you might have a problem with mismatched settings. At some point I redesigned all of the menu/submenu settings which may have created a conflict.

(2016-04-11, 21:56)Joe123 Wrote: I cannot install this skin anymore. I get the same error every time
I am on AFTV
Latest everything

The last successful install I had was the one where you fixed the slowness on home screen moving menu to menu.
You are likely trying to install Mimic 4.x from the master github branch in Kodi Jarvis. The master branch is now for Kodi 17 Krypton only. The latest Jarvis version is already in the Kodi repo...recommend installing from the Kodi addon browser.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Joe123 - 2016-04-11

(2016-04-11, 22:05)braz Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 21:56)Joe123 Wrote: I cannot install this skin anymore. I get the same error every time
I am on AFTV
Latest everything

You are likely trying to install Mimic 4.x from the master github branch in Kodi Jarvis. The master branch is now for Kodi 17 Krypton only. The latest Jarvis version is already in the Kodi repo...recommend installing from the Kodi addon browser.

Oops! Your right!. Thanks for setting me straight Smile

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - TMonte87 - 2016-04-12

(2016-04-11, 22:02)braz Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 21:14)TMonte87 Wrote: Is there a known bug where the submenus DO NOT show unless triggered even when "Always Show Submenus" is set to on?

If you're importing skin settings from an earlier version, you might have a problem with mismatched settings. At some point I redesigned all of the menu/submenu settings which may have created a conflict.

I am doing an import from 3.4.1 to 3.4.1 - the settings I am importing are from a PC build to a Firestick build. The only thing that seems to be an issue is that my submenus are not showing until I move down to them.

*** After doing a skin reset on the Firestick and going in and enabling show submenus always I still am unable to view the submenus all the time. They only appear when I go down. This is with the Default setup "Menus at bottom of screen" Menus set to centered and Submenus set to always on.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - mac1202 - 2016-04-12

Hi just some feedback on your skin.

- I miss the ability to enable/disable the subtitle directly from the subtitle icon like in your AZ mod

- The numpad doesn't look very good

- When you jump forward/backward in the video the progress bar doesn't move to show where you are in the video, that's very annoying.

Except that really good skin.