Kodi Community Forum
Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Mimic-LR (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=218)
+---- Thread: Release Mimic 3.x for Jarvis (/showthread.php?tid=237267)

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - mark_dj - 2016-04-12

Sorry if this has been asked (and answered) before but I can't get it to work.
I've set a fanart pack for the weather add-on (for conditional weather) and it seems to work when I open the Weather add-on itself, but I want it to also show on the main menu. Yet all I get is an empty screen.

Is there any way to set it so that it shows the Weather's current fanart pack, in addition my other already-set backgrounds?

Edit: never mind. Seem to have found it. It was hidden at the end of the list. Apologies Smile

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - exzemat - 2016-04-13

(2016-04-09, 17:42)braz Wrote: I just submitted a new version (3.4.1) to the Kodi repo, it should show up in a few days. Let me know if there is still a problem after the update.

Thank you Braz, to have made the Settings view selectable, with options for List and Thumbnail.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - TMonte87 - 2016-04-14

(2016-04-12, 01:50)TMonte87 Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 22:02)braz Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 21:14)TMonte87 Wrote: Is there a known bug where the submenus DO NOT show unless triggered even when "Always Show Submenus" is set to on?

** This is only happening on my FireTV devices after importing skin settings.
If you're importing skin settings from an earlier version, you might have a problem with mismatched settings. At some point I redesigned all of the menu/submenu settings which may have created a conflict.

I am doing an import from 3.4.1 to 3.4.1 - the settings I am importing are from a PC build to a Firestick build. The only thing that seems to be an issue is that my submenus are not showing until I move down to them.

*** After doing a skin reset on the Firestick and going in and enabling show submenus always I still am unable to view the submenus all the time. They only appear when I go down. This is with the Default setup "Menus at bottom of screen" Menus set to centered and Submenus set to always on.

After adjusting more settings, I found out that by disabling the RSS feed I was able to get my sub-menus to always be on. This might be device specific but, its something that should be looked into on Android devices. Also..Is there anyway to tell the skin what Main Menu item to show on Startup?? Example if I have Movies - TV Shows - Kids - Settings as my main menu items can I tell the skin on a fresh launch to have the Kids settings selected??

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-04-14

(2016-04-14, 01:52)TMonte87 Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 01:50)TMonte87 Wrote:
(2016-04-11, 22:02)braz Wrote: If you're importing skin settings from an earlier version, you might have a problem with mismatched settings. At some point I redesigned all of the menu/submenu settings which may have created a conflict.

I am doing an import from 3.4.1 to 3.4.1 - the settings I am importing are from a PC build to a Firestick build. The only thing that seems to be an issue is that my submenus are not showing until I move down to them.

*** After doing a skin reset on the Firestick and going in and enabling show submenus always I still am unable to view the submenus all the time. They only appear when I go down. This is with the Default setup "Menus at bottom of screen" Menus set to centered and Submenus set to always on.

After adjusting more settings, I found out that by disabling the RSS feed I was able to get my sub-menus to always be on. This might be device specific but, its something that should be looked into on Android devices. Also..Is there anyway to tell the skin what Main Menu item to show on Startup?? Example if I have Movies - TV Shows - Kids - Settings as my main menu items can I tell the skin on a fresh launch to have the Kids settings selected??
That's how it's designed. If you have RSS feeds turned on, they will be displayed on top of the submenu. So you still have to press down to access the submenu.

If you're using the centered main menu, the selected item is the 3rd menu item. So customize your main menu so that Kids is the third item in the menu. Then it will always be in the center and selected on startup.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-04-14

(2016-04-12, 10:50)mac1202 Wrote: Hi just some feedback on your skin.

- I miss the ability to enable/disable the subtitle directly from the subtitle icon like in your AZ mod

- The numpad doesn't look very good

- When you jump forward/backward in the video the progress bar doesn't move to show where you are in the video, that's very annoying.

Except that really good skin.
Will see about adding an easier way to enable/disable subtitles, don't have any good ideas for this right now though.

What's wrong with the number pad? It does exactly what it's supposed to for me. Not sure what's going on in your screenshot, is that from a video addon?

Haven't noticed the progress bar issue, will keep an eye on it next time I'm watching something.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - mac1202 - 2016-04-14

(2016-04-14, 05:36)braz Wrote:
(2016-04-12, 10:50)mac1202 Wrote: Hi just some feedback on your skin.

- I miss the ability to enable/disable the subtitle directly from the subtitle icon like in your AZ mod

- The numpad doesn't look very good

- When you jump forward/backward in the video the progress bar doesn't move to show where you are in the video, that's very annoying.

Except that really good skin.

What's wrong with the number pad? It does exactly what it's supposed to for me. Not sure what's going on in your screenshot, is that from a video addon?

The numpad looks like this with pinsentry addon,

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-04-15

(2016-04-14, 17:04)mac1202 Wrote: The numpad looks like this with pinsentry addon,
Hmm, does PinSentry change the button labels? Is the French translation for "OK" termine? It should be an OK button and to the left of that there should be an arrow. The only way for that ETOU to be displayed is if the label for that button is somehow being overridden.

What does the numberpad look like in other skins, do they have the same issues? Not sure if I could make it any wider, it still needs to fit alongside the keyboard.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - mac1202 - 2016-04-15

(2016-04-15, 08:20)braz Wrote: Hmm, does PinSentry change the button labels? Is the French translation for "OK" termine? It should be an OK button and to the left of that there should be an arrow. The only way for that ETOU to be displayed is if the label for that button is somehow being overridden.

What does the numberpad look like in other skins, do they have the same issues? Not sure if I could make it any wider, it still needs to fit alongside the keyboard.

Yes pinsentry overide label, because in other part of kodi i got the arrow and ok button.
I use yout az mod and the numpad back and ok button are really ride so i never noticed this before.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - braz - 2016-04-16

(2016-04-15, 11:23)mac1202 Wrote:
(2016-04-15, 08:20)braz Wrote: Hmm, does PinSentry change the button labels? Is the French translation for "OK" termine? It should be an OK button and to the left of that there should be an arrow. The only way for that ETOU to be displayed is if the label for that button is somehow being overridden.

Yes pinsentry overide label, because in other part of kodi i got the arrow and ok button.
I use yout az mod and the numpad back and ok button are really ride so i never noticed this before.
I took a look at the number pad in some other skins, don't think I'm going to change the Mimic one at this point though. I'm not a fan of rotating the button labels.

RE: Mimic 3.x for Jarvis - mac1202 - 2016-04-16

(2016-04-16, 06:17)braz Wrote: I took a look at the number pad in some other skins, don't think I'm going to change the Mimic one at this point though. I'm not a fan of rotating the button labels.

Ok it's not a big deal anyways, reported it to pinsentry if it could avoid overriding original label.
Actually the most annoying is the progress bar not moving when jumping forward/backward.

(2016-04-16, 13:05)mac1202 Wrote:
(2016-04-16, 06:17)braz Wrote: I took a look at the number pad in some other skins, don't think I'm going to change the Mimic one at this point though. I'm not a fan of rotating the button labels.

Ok it's not a big deal anyways, reported it to pinsentry if it could avoid overriding original label.
Actually the most annoying is the progress bar not moving when jumping forward/backward.

I wasn't sure what you meant about the progress bar. How are you jumping forward? Fast forward?

Using left or right on my remote, every time you press the button it's increase the time of the jump. In all other skin the progress bar move to show you were the jump will happen in the video. In mimic the progress bar doesn't move.

(2016-04-16, 17:11)mac1202 Wrote: Using left or right on my remote, every time you press the button it's increase the time of the jump. In all other skin the progress bar move to show you were the jump will happen in the video. In mimic the progress bar doesn't move.
I never noticed this before, not all skins have a nib at the end of the seekbar. Added to the master branch on github for Kodi 17, will see about adding it for Jarvis.

(2016-04-16, 18:53)braz Wrote: will see about adding it for Jarvis.

It will be great Wink

(2016-04-16, 18:59)mac1202 Wrote:
(2016-04-16, 18:53)braz Wrote: will see about adding it for Jarvis.

It will be great Wink
Added to the Jarvis branch on github, will be in the next version.