Kodi Community Forum
Release Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Look and feel (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+---- Thread: Release Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.5 (Update 2.1.2024) (/showthread.php?tid=237338)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Digital Clock Screensaver - Milhouse - 2015-10-04

(2015-09-27, 21:24)vdb86 Wrote: Ok, got the idea now.
Add-ons can't define their own fonts, so that's the first no.

Doesn't help you right now, but you might want to keep an eye on this thread.

RE: Digital Clock Screensaver - vdb86 - 2015-10-04

(2015-10-04, 00:26)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-09-27, 21:24)vdb86 Wrote: Ok, got the idea now.
Add-ons can't define their own fonts, so that's the first no.

Doesn't help you right now, but you might want to keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks Milhouse for the heads up!.
It would be a lot easier if we could define and use our own fonts, right now half of the time I have to bug skin developers to add/change something to Fonts.xml or I have to do it myself and create a pull request which might/might not get accepted.

RE: Digital Clock Screensaver - vdb86 - 2015-10-05

@Milhouse
Do you know what's happening with Transifex?
Some languages are at 100% but no one's reviewing them.
Razze has pointed out that there is a bigger source code rework happening right now and that that is causing the slow down with translations and adding new addons to Transifex.
is this correct?
What are the big changes, something in Jarvis?

RE: Digital Clock Screensaver - Milhouse - 2015-10-05

Sorry I've no idea about Transifex. The biggest change going on right now is VideoPlayer but that's unlikely to make it into Jarvis, more likely K*.

RE: Digital Clock Screensaver - vdb86 - 2015-10-05

Thank you for all your help and time!

RE: Digital Clock Screensaver - vdb86 - 2015-10-14

(2015-09-27, 14:04)lady0421 Wrote:
(2015-09-24, 20:15)vdb86 Wrote: @lady0421
I've added the option for weather, it's not added to the official repository yet, but you can get it from the github and test it out.

You are a legend! It worked amazingly well. I love it, thank you!!

Small request - do you think you can draw the icon of the weather forecast, like, when it's sunny, it has the sunny - it looks a lot cuter with the icon! It's not that important, really, with or without it, I'm not changing my screensaver for a long long time!

You might want to check out the newest version. It has a weather icon now Smile

RE: Digital Clock Screensaver - cnwoods - 2015-10-23

Hello vdb86. This screensaver is exactly what I've been looking for. There are a couple of problems however: firstly, the font size of the time is very small.

I use the Transparency! skin. The problem has only appeared with the last update. It looks like the code may not be properly detecting the skin, as it loads ~/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/resources/skins/default/720p/skin.default.xml rather than ~/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/resources/skins/default/720p/skin.transparency.xml. As a quick fix I exited kodi and copied skin.transparency.xml to skin.default.xml (after backing the latter up). After restarting kodi the screensaver loads the correct (transparency) fonts.

Secondly, the time/date is remaining in the centre of the screen, i.e. it doesn't shift around. Here's a short log extract:

Code:
00:55:14 T:140171383121664   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(60, /home/neil/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "screensaver.digitalclock" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
00:55:14 T:140173188212736   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (/home/neil/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/resources/skins/default/720p/skin.default.xml) ------
00:55:14 T:140173188212736    INFO: Loading skin file: /home/neil/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/resources/skins/default/720p/skin.default.xml, load type: LOAD_ON_GUI_INIT
00:55:14 T:140173188212736   DEBUG: Load /home/neil/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/resources/skins/default/720p/skin.default.xml: 3.17ms
00:55:14 T:140173188212736   DEBUG: Alloc resources: 3.27ms  (3.27 ms skin load)
00:55:14 T:140173188212736   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory ()
00:55:14 T:140173188212736   DEBUG:   ParentPath = []
00:55:14 T:140171383121664  NOTICE: Digital Clock Screensaver: INIT
00:55:14 T:140171383121664   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'Screensaver' object has no attribute 'conditions'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/neil/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/default.py", line 221, in onInit
                                                self.DisplayTime()
                                              File "/home/neil/.kodi/addons/screensaver.digitalclock/default.py", line 227, in DisplayTime
                                                if self.conditions == 'Busy':
                                            AttributeError: 'Screensaver' object has no attribute 'conditions'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I'm using the latest Isengard 15.2 on Debian Linux compiled from git repo.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

RE: Digital Clock Screensaver - vdb86 - 2015-10-23

Hi cnwoods, sorry for the inconvenience!
I'll take a look at what's happening and fix it.
Thanks for letting me know!

@ cnwoods, I've taken a look and unfortunately can't reproduce this issue.
Neither on my windows 7 laptop or on my Raspberry Pi 2 running Openelec.
I might have an idea what the problem is.
Could you try please skin mimic and let me know if that one works with my screensaver or not?

Thank you

RE: Digital Clock Screensaver - cnwoods - 2015-10-23

(2015-10-23, 12:31)vdb86 Wrote: @ cnwoods, I've taken a look and unfortunately can't reproduce this issue.
Neither on my windows 7 laptop or on my Raspberry Pi 2 running Openelec.
I might have an idea what the problem is.
Could you try please skin mimic and let me know if that one works with my screensaver or not?

Thank you

I installed mimic and the font size looks good, however the second problem still remains together with the fact (which I forgot to mention earlier) of the time not actually being updated on the screen. The log shows a similar python exception to the one I quoted earlier.

Let me know if you want me to upload a full debug log.

Cheers.

(2015-10-23, 21:42)cnwoods Wrote: I installed mimic and the font size looks good, however the second problem still remains together with the fact (which I forgot to mention earlier) of the time not actually being updated on the screen. The log shows a similar python exception to the one I quoted earlier.

Cheers.
To be honest I'm baffled with this, I guess that python is causing all of these problems.
Python script is responsible for choosing the right xml file (which corresponds to the used skin ) and for updating time (not the date).
I guess there is a problem with python or python libraries which are on you system, but unfortunately I'm not capable of debugging that.
Except for the update of Digital Clock Screensaver has anything else changed or updated on your system?

RE: Digital Clock Screensaver - Martijn - 2015-10-23

Why don't you properly Initialize self.conditions?

Hi Martijn,
the reason is simple, all that I made was done by trial and error, I have never used python and haven't done any coding in a while.
I read a lot before I even began coding this screensaver, but unfortunately there are things which I don't understand.
To be quite honest I don't even know what it means to properly initialize self.conditions.
I'll gladly try to fix whatever needs fixing!

RE: Digital Clock Screensaver - cnwoods - 2015-10-24

(2015-10-23, 23:14)vdb86 Wrote:
(2015-10-23, 21:42)cnwoods Wrote: I installed mimic and the font size looks good, however the second problem still remains together with the fact (which I forgot to mention earlier) of the time not actually being updated on the screen. The log shows a similar python exception to the one I quoted earlier.

Cheers.
To be honest I'm baffled with this, I guess that python is causing all of these problems.
Python script is responsible for choosing the right xml file (which corresponds to the used skin ) and for updating time (not the date).
I guess there is a problem with python or python libraries which are on you system, but unfortunately I'm not capable of debugging that.
Except for the update of Digital Clock Screensaver has anything else changed or updated on your system?

No, nothing. I don't think there's anything wrong with the python libs as I'm sure I would have noticed it. Maybe I should run the test suite to make sure... hmm.

Thanks anyway.

RE: Digital Clock Screensaver - vdb86 - 2015-10-24

I'm still looking into it, if I figure out what's wrong I'll fix it right away.