Kodi Community Forum
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] (/showthread.php?tid=237538)

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Blurayx - 2015-10-25

@ jurialmunkey
Great skin.
I have tried eminence 2.0 on 3 different systems minix neo N64W ,Nvidia shield TV & iMac all pause when I press extra info.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2015-10-25

Yes it is supposed to pause when clicking extra info button from osd

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Blurayx - 2015-10-25

(2015-10-25, 13:28)jurialmunkey Wrote: Yes it is supposed to pause when clicking extra info button from osd

is it possible to add an option not to pause?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - beljim7419 - 2015-10-25

Loving the skin and am trying it out for my default one.

Couple of things bugging me though so thought I'd offer my suggestion for a vertical sub menu as opposed to the horizontal one at present. I like to be able to see all the menu items in one go rather than having to scroll right which doesn't feel natural.

Also I've never been a fan of info boxes which aren't big enough to fit all the info in without it auto scrolling, and would like to see the widget on the home in particular be more like in Arctic: Zephyr where the whole widget is full of the poster art (Low main menu mode) and the info above providing a larger amount of text to be included. I like the fact you can scroll past the edge of screen to include lots of items which A.Zyphyr does not.

Anyhow sticking with the skin for now as it's the best looking IMO. I can tweak a lot due to the amazing customization it has but the two aforementioned changes are beyond me.

Thanks for the skin.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Blurayx - 2015-10-26

(2015-10-25, 21:44)beljim7419 Wrote: Loving the skin and am trying it out for my default one.

Couple of things bugging me though so thought I'd offer my suggestion for a vertical sub menu as opposed to the horizontal one at present. I like to be able to see all the menu items in one go rather than having to scroll right which doesn't feel natural.

Also I've never been a fan of info boxes which aren't big enough to fit all the info in without it auto scrolling, and would like to see the widget on the home in particular be more like in Arctic: Zephyr where the whole widget is full of the poster art (Low main menu mode) and the info above providing a larger amount of text to be included. I like the fact you can scroll past the edge of screen to include lots of items which A.Zyphyr does not.

Anyhow sticking with the skin for now as it's the best looking IMO. I can tweak a lot due to the amazing customization it has but the two aforementioned changes are beyond me.

Thanks for the skin.

I'm sticking with this skin. I was using beta A.Zyphyr but I didn't like the new GUI layout in the settings.I hope Eminence 2.0 stays the same.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - KarmaMole - 2015-10-26

Anybody know how to get OpenElec settings into a menu or submenu with Em 2? I'm not findingng the shortcut/action at all...

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Blurayx - 2015-10-26

@ jurialmunkey,

TV shows -Next Aired: will it be possible to make thumbnail type option work in Eminence 2.0. I can select the different options but only poster works.
If it can't be done, can you please make the thumbnail smaller because at the moment only 2 shows can be displayed at one time

Thanks for a great skin

RE: Eminence 2.0 - JulianFP - 2015-10-26

(2015-09-02, 11:14)jurialmunkey Wrote: Eminence 2.0 - BETA
Development has now moved on to Jarvis. To use the old Isengard version, checkout the Isengard branch from the repo.
Except for bug fixes, further development will be on Jarvis.

Requires
kodi.jarvis
script.extendedinfo - https://github.com/phil65/script.extendedinfo
script.skinshortcuts - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts/
script.skin.helper.service - https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.skin.helper.service/

I love Eminence v1 so much that I don't think I can resist trying 2.0 any longer. I'm running Isengard via the latest OCtober 2015 OSMC build on a Raspberry Pi 2.

If I download and copy the stuff above to a USB thumb drive and install on my Pi from that then, once I've got the skin and the three dependencies installed, will the regular Kodi auto-update service keep me up to date or will I need to periodically fetch the latest zips again and re-install to keep up to date?

If I'll need to re-download zips is that true for only the Skin from the Isengard branch and will the dependencies take care of themselves or will I need to do all four (skin plus 3 dependencies) via installs from zip files?

- Julian

RE: Eminence 2.0 - KarmaMole - 2015-10-26

Hi jurialmunkey Smile

In EM1 - I could add the OpenElec Configuration Add-On from the Add-Ons menu. EM2 doesn't seem to see it, it's not presented as one of the options - any idea what I can do about that...?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - hollyt9 - 2015-10-28

(2015-10-26, 05:44)Blurayx Wrote: @ jurialmunkey,

TV shows -Next Aired: will it be possible to make thumbnail type option work in Eminence 2.0. I can select the different options but only poster works.
If it can't be done, can you please make the thumbnail smaller because at the moment only 2 shows can be displayed at one time

I don't like the idea of making next aired thumbnails smaller, part of the beauty of E2 is the larger layout.
Maybe creating an option to display each days "next aired" episodes in a horizontal row view rather than the current vertical columns style would be a better alternative.
Then you could see 7 show thumbs per day, (scrolling left and right if there is more), and then just scroll up and down to see shows on today, in the forthcoming days and yesterday.
If that makes sense?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Blurayx - 2015-10-28

(2015-10-28, 02:02)hollyt9 Wrote:

I don't like the idea of making next aired thumbnails smaller, part of the beauty of E2 is the larger layout.
Maybe creating an option to display each days "next aired" episodes in a horizontal row view rather than the current vertical columns style would be a better alternative.
Then you could see 7 show thumbs per day, (scrolling left and right if there is more), and then just scroll up and down to see shows on today, in the forthcoming days and yesterday.
If that makes sense?

Yes, creating an option to display each days "next aired" episodes in a horizontal row view rather than the current vertical columns style would be excellent Big Grin

RE: Eminence 2.0 - beljim7419 - 2015-10-28

(2015-10-28, 02:21)Blurayx Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 02:02)hollyt9 Wrote:

If that makes sense?

Yes, creating an option to display each days "next aired" episodes in a horizontal row view rather than the current vertical columns style would be excellent Big Grin

+1

Thumbs instead of Posters - Jhag - 2015-10-28

Hello,

first: wow, this Skin is definetly my favorite one. Just amazing. But one thing annoys me: When i scan new content to the Library,
(or even refresh) every time my Poster of that Series or Film ist a thumb, not a poster. Can i prevent this? A poster is in the Media Folder.
I can maually selrct it, but automatically is shoen the thum from within the Folder. I Scrape with Media Brower, but i don´t use the Emby
addon as Database replacement.

In the past this wasn´t so, have i eventually checked an option i shouldn´t? I look through the settings, but can´t find anything.

Can somenone help me, please? Thanks in advance!

Jhag

RE: Eminence 2.0 - JulianFP - 2015-10-28

How do I get a plain black background for the home screen (or white if I decide to go with the lighter scheme)?

I just installed Eminence 2.0 on Isengard (OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 2) and when I start it up I get a picture of some movie celluloid as the background image on the home screen. Does the Eminence skin have a .jpg for a plain black background that I can select or is there some way to tell it not to display any image for the background?

I've played with a lot of settings but nothing has worked to get rid of the picture.

- Julian

RE: Eminence 2.0 - hollyt9 - 2015-10-28

(2015-10-28, 19:33)JulianFP Wrote: How do I get a plain black background for the home screen (or white if I decide to go with the lighter scheme)?
....when I start it up I get a picture of some movie celluloid as the background image on the home screen...
I've played with a lot of settings but nothing has worked to get rid of the picture.

Go to: Settings > Skin Settings > Background > Fallback fanart image
Then just browse to the image location of your choice. I just wanted a plain black background as the fallback fanart image, so I just created a plain black 1920x1080 image in paint.

If you want to overwrite the originals they are in the skins' folder under 'extras > backgrounds'.