Kodi Community Forum
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] (/showthread.php?tid=237538)

RE: Eminence 2.0 - blutstein - 2015-11-02

Skin works like a charm! would love to see a few additions, but mostly cosmetical stuff:

- Playlist backgrounds: For my music collection it would a nice feature. Don't want any DJ pics while browsing Rockstars! Smile
- so we got a pure text home menue, where is the pure Icon menue? Wink
- I miss a few Background Options (coming from bello fredo): Wallview Movie Logos, or wallview banner grid.
- Option to center icon and label, if choosing normal home menue mode (i did my own tiles but can't find the code to center the label under the icon)
- a bunch of views for video and movies (but as far as i remember you are already working on this)

my new default one! amazing!

RE: Eminence 2.0 - oelover - 2015-11-02

Seems like script.skin.helper.service was added to the kodi repository (see final 1.0 release at github).
Any chance that you submit the isengard version to the kodi repo? Would be awesome to get auto-updates.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - guido1138 - 2015-11-03

(2015-11-02, 11:14)jurialmunkey Wrote: Auto resume has already been discussed - in short, im looking for a way to do it that doesn't cause a bunch of bugs.
Hi jurialmunkey,
I know you've been busy, but I wanted to make sure you didn't miss this Post #404 with some additional feedback/questions, including related to the above pause/resume.

Take care and all the best...

RE: Eminence 2.0 - MidnightWatcher - 2015-11-03

(2015-10-20, 17:27)jubilex Wrote: Will Eminence support the CinemaVision add-on? The current issue is that the Kodi OSD still pops up between the trailers and bumpers Cinemavision shows, ruining the effect -- for example, between the first and second trailer I will get a glimpse of Kodi showing the title of the movie, a progress bar, the time, etc.

+1 - Support for CinemaVision is a must.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - cslogg - 2015-11-04

I am running Kodi 16 on a Windows 10 device and cannot find Eminence on my list of skin addons.
Is it compatible?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - ProsjektX - 2015-11-04

(2015-11-04, 12:20)cslogg Wrote: I am running Kodi 16 on a Windows 10 device and cannot find Eminence on my list of skin addons.
Is it compatible?
See first post. You have to manually install from GIT repo and also the required dependencies.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - CyberCodeDroid - 2015-11-05

I have installed all three repositories during installation and skins receive messages about unfulfilled dependencies. I am a novice, please forgive me for such a request. Use the current [Stable] OpenELEC 6.0.0 (x86_64).

RE: Eminence 2.0 - oelover - 2015-11-05

Nice skin! Thank you very, very much! Smile
Would it be possible to do the animation stuff (e.g. background image) only when the screensaver is not active? You could check for System.ScreenSaverActive. This would save CPU resources and lower power consumption when Kodi is in idle mode.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - danmedhurst - 2015-11-05

(2015-11-05, 08:26)CyberCodeDroid Wrote: I have installed all three repositories during installation and skins receive messages about unfulfilled dependencies. I am a novice, please forgive me for such a request. Use the current [Stable] OpenELEC 6.0.0 (x86_64).

You're more than likely install the wrong skin version.

Jurial has 2 available from Git.. "Master" which is for Alpha Helix builds and then "Isengard" which is what you are running.

Also, fyi, these are not repositories.. they are addons..

Repositories are just lists of addons. Eminence 2.0 will be submitted to the official Kodi Repository when it's ready.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - mfwilli - 2015-11-05

Feel like I'm missing something - when going to 'Cast' on Info screen, it seems to pull up an addon (ExtendedInfo?) for all of an actor's filmography, including extra films I do not own. Is there a way to just pull up the actor's titles within Kodi, and not include the extraneous titles that I either do not own or have not even been released yet? Maybe I could just disable the addon?

Apologies if this is not the proper place to post - maybe this is just a general Kodi question.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Talguy - 2015-11-06

(2015-11-05, 17:09)danmedhurst Wrote:
(2015-11-05, 08:26)CyberCodeDroid Wrote: I have installed all three repositories during installation and skins receive messages about unfulfilled dependencies. I am a novice, please forgive me for such a request. Use the current [Stable] OpenELEC 6.0.0 (x86_64).

You're more than likely install the wrong skin version.

Jurial has 2 available from Git.. "Master" which is for Alpha Helix builds and then "Isengard" which is what you are running.

Also, fyi, these are not repositories.. they are addons..

Repositories are just lists of addons. Eminence 2.0 will be submitted to the official Kodi Repository when it's ready.

Ummmm.....the master branch is definitely for Kodi 16 aka JARVIS not Helix

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2015-11-06

Hi guys, sorry for not getting back to everyone's queries. Been super busy. I'll try and address some over the next few days.

@guido1138 - just pushed an update. Decided to not pause at all from extra info. Fixed a few more of the default skin setting items (still a few outstanding I know!). The one for Choose shortcut is a bit problematic because it is basically a template that changes the action, label and icon (which you could then go and change to completely different things - making what the shortcut says very confusing). Regarding "spotlight" text - I prefer to be able to see the name of the widget so I wont change this. I think more recent versions of skin shortcuts have an option to change the widget text anyway?

@mfwilli - yeah it pulls up extended info. I'll look at adding an option to disable extended info integration.

@blustein - you could make an "Icon Only" home menu by setting it to "text in tiles" and then going through home customisation and setting each items label to a space.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - mfwilli - 2015-11-06

(2015-11-06, 11:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: Hi guys, sorry for not getting back to everyone's queries. Been super busy. I'll try and address some over the next few days.

@mfwilli - yeah it pulls up extended info. I'll look at adding an option to disable extended info integration.

No apologies necessary. Thank you.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2015-11-07

Attention JARVIS USERS

I have just pushed a change to master repo that enables oninfo commands for widgets. This should pull up extendedinfo for tvshows and movies when pressing info from either home or hub widgets. I'd appreciate it some Jarvis users could test it out and report back any issues.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - zilf - 2015-11-07

First off, thanks jurialmunkey, the first eminence skin is absolutely the best skin for kodi. I've been using it for a while, it's great. I absolutely love this one as well. There is just one thing holding me back. I looked through the forums here but didnt see a resolution, but please, someone direct me to the correct post if i missed it. I will do my best to explain my issue;

When a video is playing, and i press the back button on my remote, i cycle back through the menus, and will eventually get to the home screen with my video playing in the background. On Eminence ver1, i can press down, and the play, stop, FF, REW icons appear and i can choose to pause or stop or whatever. With Eminence ver 2, those play, stop, etc. icons are in their own little special bar and I cannot get to them with my remote - I have to turn on the airmouse funtion and click it that way. Is there a way to use those buttons with a remote? Have i missed the solution to this somewhere?

Anyway, great skin, and thanks for your hard work.