Kodi Community Forum
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] (/showthread.php?tid=237538)

RE: Eminence 2.0 - User 289973 - 2015-11-19

Is anyone having an issue viewing the music library?

If i Click music from the home page I just get a grey screen with Music in the top left corner, If i go to music addons and then try to go back to the library the same happens.

If i change skin the music library page works fine, just not in Eminence 2.0

Anyone have any help or advice on getting this sorted?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - wobbly - 2015-11-20

any chance you can add the views from Eminence 1? i miss some of them too much

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2015-11-20

(2015-11-19, 18:48)beljim7419 Wrote: I've edited some xmls myself to make make text fit better in the video info pain and got rid of info text in the hub widgets as I hate scrolling text. but I can't seem to change the Horizontal sub menus which is much more work.

I think the text buttons in the info pain could be much smaller too so you don't have to srcoll off page to the right to see the other buttons as they seem a lot bigger than any of the actual text in the buttons. I'm going to have a go at that next.
On latest git the sub menus are in Includes_Home.xml under <include name="Home_SubMenu">
In that include you will need to start by making the 9002 panel control orientation vertical.
Also on the line above <include>Dialog_Top</include> you will want to have:
Code:
<width>384</width>
<height>366</height>
<include>Dialog_Top</include>
That should give you a start Wink

I'm not a massive fan of scrolling text either. I might add an option for the hubs to remove the plot anyway (other reasons you might want to remove the plot, like preventing spoilers). The size of the dialoginfo buttons is mostly to make sure translation text is accommodated (some translations can be quite long).

(2015-11-19, 21:03)tdbegley Wrote: Is anyone having an issue viewing the music library?

If i Click music from the home page I just get a grey screen with Music in the top left corner, If i go to music addons and then try to go back to the library the same happens.

Firstly, are you using Isengard or Jarvis? Secondly are you using the appropriate git branch for that version (Isengard branch for Isengard or master for Jarvis). There were some changes to how the music windows were handled between Isengard and Jarvis so this is important.
Also do you have content scanned to your library?
Finally, what does the the home customisation window say for the Action of the music tile?

(2015-11-20, 03:25)wobbly Wrote: any chance you can add the views from Eminence 1? i miss some of them too much
Which ones exactly? Pretty much every view is there or an equivalent. Main one missing is banner list because I feel it doesn't really fit.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - avia - 2015-11-20

Are you going to add the possibility of (do not know what it's professional name), subtitle changes depending Speech?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - yakirp88 - 2015-11-20

Hi there,
Again I will start and say that it is currently the best skin,
I have few requests\suggestions and I would like your reply please @jurialmunkey.

1) Suggestion for OSD - I saw a panel for OSD that shows the nevigation bar and seek bar without opening the OSD it much more helpful
2) On the main menu I have a suggestion for the widget, some artwork clearart that improves the look.
3) Viewtypes- I have few viewtypes that I really like to have on your skin and are really making great view
4) The Movie\TVShow info page if it can lok like that it will really be great

Thanks in advance
And sorry for the long request.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - guido1138 - 2015-11-20

(2015-11-06, 11:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: @guido1138 - just pushed an update. Decided to not pause at all from extra info. Fixed a few more of the default skin setting items (still a few outstanding I know!). The one for Choose shortcut is a bit problematic because it is basically a template that changes the action, label and icon (which you could then go and change to completely different things - making what the shortcut says very confusing). Regarding "spotlight" text - I prefer to be able to see the name of the widget so I wont change this. I think more recent versions of skin shortcuts have an option to change the widget text anyway?
Hi jurialmunkey,
Thanks for the update and sorry for the delay. Yes, I also found the "Choose shortcut" label very confusing, since it appears like any other setting. Most alternate wordings I can think of are a bit awkward though still better. Suggest a change like "Clone Settings From Shortcut", and if possible make the label look more like a button to distinguish from just another configurable setting.

Regarding "Spotlight" text label, I would agree with you that seeing the widget name is preferable. My point was really that this doesn't happen consistently now. On skin reset the label "Spotlight" is displayed, but when you change the fallback widget or a hub widget the actual widget name is used. Also minor issue: when a default hub widget is being used (e.g. TV or Movies), the label under "Customize settings" is blank, instead of "Default" or the widget name.

FYI, I started to feel left behind :-( so began to run Isengard and Jarvis beta side-by-side on my AFTV with E2. I'm noticing a bunch of little problems, but not always clear what is Jarvis or skin-related. Roughly speaking, how close are your Jarvis/Isengard branches?

As a Jarvis example, available views seems to have changed. So while looking at a YouTube video list I can no longer choose "Sort By: Default", just weird things like "Sort By: Playcount". Could this be skin-related?

Otherwise, I am liking Jarvis at this stage, and glad to find things like MediaCodec surface rendering working OK on my AFTVv1 and seemingly better than before. Are there particular things you would like people to pay attention to with E2 on Jarvis?

Anyway, thanks and keep up the great work!

p.s. I sent you a PR last week with a couple of small fixes and question, so appreciate if you get a chance to have a look and comment.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - User 289973 - 2015-11-20

(2015-11-20, 04:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: Firstly, are you using Isengard or Jarvis? Secondly are you using the appropriate git branch for that version (Isengard branch for Isengard or master for Jarvis). There were some changes to how the music windows were handled between Isengard and Jarvis so this is important.
Finally, what does the the home customisation window say for the Action of the music tile?

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am using Jarvis Beta and have downloaded from the git here: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.eminence.2

Yes I have 20 files in the library, On the home page it says Movies - 344 TV Shows - 439 Music - 20
The action says ActivateWindow(Music)

Thank you again for your time and help

RE: Eminence 2.0 - beljim7419 - 2015-11-21

Quote:On latest git the sub menus are in Includes_Home.xml under <include name="Home_SubMenu">
In that include you will need to start by making the 9002 panel control orientation vertical.
Code:
<width>384</width>
<height>366</height>

I'm not a massive fan of scrolling text either. I might add an option for the hubs to remove the plot anyway (other reasons you might want to remove the plot, like preventing spoilers). The size of the dialoginfo buttons is mostly to make sure translation text is accommodated (some translations can be quite long).

Hey, Thanks for the head up. I've managed a couple of mods so far. Far from complete but thought I'd show I'm trying. lol.

The easiest fix for me was doing the Video info buttons (made them smaller so no scrolling) whilst keeping the original size protected by using <width max="338.5">auto</width> and centering them. This way any Language should auto resize.

Secondly I've converted the Main Menu Sub Menu into a vertical style but can't figure out how to get the Arrows to point up and down instead of left and right. Any pointers?

Finally where's the power menu xml and the context menu xml?. I've been messing with what I think are the right ones but nothing seems to affect them so I must be wrong.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2015-11-21

(2015-11-21, 00:58)beljim7419 Wrote: Hey, Thanks for the head up. I've managed a couple of mods so far. Far from complete but thought I'd show I'm trying. lol.

The easiest fix for me was doing the Video info buttons (made them smaller so no scrolling) whilst keeping the original size protected by using <width max="338.5">auto</width> and centering them. This way any Language should auto resize.

Secondly I've converted the Main Menu Sub Menu into a vertical style but can't figure out how to get the Arrows to point up and down instead of left and right. Any pointers?

Finally where's the power menu xml and the context menu xml?. I've been messing with what I think are the right ones but nothing seems to affect them so I must be wrong.
Yeah only problem is that auto width buttons are not possible on Isengard and I'm trying not to deviate too much stylistically between Isengard and Jarvis for the time being until Jarvis is out properly and OpenElec switches over etc.

See the Dialog_Top_Arrows include in the SubMenu. That include is defined in Includes_Dialog.xml
(I've made sure to have all includes reference the file that they are in, so anything starting with Dialog_ will be in Includes_Dialog.xml anything starting with Defs_ will be in Include_Defs.xml and so on).

Considering that you are looking to mod all the horizontal top menus to be vertical, you can probably safely edit that include without mucking anything else up. You'll need to use common/16-arrow-down.png as the texture instead of the 16-arrow-left.png

Context menu and power menu are in DialogContextMenu.xml and DialogButtonMenu.xml respectively.
If you go into Custom_Debug_Overlay.xml and change the <visible>false</visible> to true you will get a text overlay that will show you what xml file is currently open in the skin.

For context and shutdown menu, you will see the grouplist defined as <include>Dialog_Top_Grouplist</include> any tags you put above <include> tags will override anything that is in the include. For instance if the include specifies a <width>500</width> you can put <width>400</width> above the include line to use 400 width instead (likewise you could use <orientation>vertical</orientation> to override the horizontal orientation in the include).
For instance
Code:
<orientation>vertical</orientation>
<include>Dialog_Top_Grouplist</include>

P.S. I noticed that you have the weather enabled in the clock, but don't have it setup. You can disable that in Skin Settings > Header > Show weather with clock

RE: Eminence 2.0 - beljim7419 - 2015-11-21

Holy Cow thanks for the info.

It's seems I was doing it the long way. Changing the Includes_dialog does indeed change them in one go.

Cheers! Ill get back on it.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Tragic - 2015-11-21

Just updated to Jarvis and moved from 1.0 to 2.0, amazing skins thanks and donated Smile

RE: Eminence 2.0 - User 289973 - 2015-11-23

(2015-11-20, 04:39)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 18:48)beljim7419 Wrote: I've edited some xmls myself to make make text fit better in the video info pain and got rid of info text in the hub widgets as I hate scrolling text. but I can't seem to change the Horizontal sub menus which is much more work.

I think the text buttons in the info pain could be much smaller too so you don't have to srcoll off page to the right to see the other buttons as they seem a lot bigger than any of the actual text in the buttons. I'm going to have a go at that next.
On latest git the sub menus are in Includes_Home.xml under <include name="Home_SubMenu">
Code:
<width>384</width>
<height>366</height>

(2015-11-19, 21:03)tdbegley Wrote: Is anyone having an issue viewing the music library?

Firstly, are you using Isengard or Jarvis? Secondly are you using the appropriate git branch for that version (Isengard branch for Isengard or master for Jarvis). There were some changes to how the music windows were handled between Isengard and Jarvis so this is important.

(2015-11-20, 03:25)wobbly Wrote: any chance you can add the views from Eminence 1? i miss some of them too much
Which ones exactly? Pretty much every view is there or an equivalent. Main one missing is banner list because I feel it doesn't really fit.

(2015-11-20, 13:24)tdbegley Wrote:
(2015-11-20, 04:39)jurialmunkey Wrote: Firstly, are you using Isengard or Jarvis? Secondly are you using the appropriate git branch for that version (Isengard branch for Isengard or master for Jarvis). There were some changes to how the music windows were handled between Isengard and Jarvis so this is important.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am using Jarvis Beta and have downloaded from the git here: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.eminence.2

Yes I have 20 files in the library, On the home page it says Movies - 344 TV Shows - 439 Music - 20
The action says ActivateWindow(Music)

Thank you again for your time and help

Any more insight on this guys? Does everyone else' music library work ok?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - beljim7419 - 2015-11-23

Music Library works as it should for me. I assume you've tried manually copying the Unzipped folder over in case it didn't install fully?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - User 289973 - 2015-11-23

(2015-11-23, 21:32)beljim7419 Wrote: Music Library works as it should for me. I assume you've tried manually copying the Unzipped folder over in case it didn't install fully?

What shortcut path is used to get to your library? My setup means when I click music I get the artists lists, when I press back I get the list of sources, back from there is just a black screen. If I go to ActivateWindow(Music) then it's just a blank screen. Yes I've downloaded the latest zip from the git and exttacted it to the appdata folder and I've deleted the seetings.xml from user data/appdata/ and I've deleted guisettings.xml but nothing seems to work.

Obviuolsy there's a movie and tv show hub but there is not a music hub, maybe when I press back from the artist view its looking for a hub that doesn't exist? I have no idea what is going on or how to fix it lol.

Thanks for your reply.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2015-11-23

(2015-11-21, 04:48)Tragic Wrote: Just updated to Jarvis and moved from 1.0 to 2.0, amazing skins thanks and donated Smile
Thanks Big Grin
Much appreciated!

(2015-11-23, 23:01)tdbegley Wrote: What shortcut path is used to get to your library? My setup means when I click music I get the artists lists, when I press back I get the list of sources, back from there is just a black screen. If I go to ActivateWindow(Music) then it's just a blank screen.

Obviuolsy there's a movie and tv show hub but there is not a music hub, maybe when I press back from the artist view its looking for a hub that doesn't exist? I have no idea what is going on or how to fix it lol.
Hmm strange. ActivateWindow(Music) definitely should work as it is what I use. Hubs are separate windows - the skin doesn't try to force going back to one, kodi simply remembers the order of windows and goes back to the previous window when pressing back, so it wont be anything to do with that if you came straight from the home screen.

First, can you open skin.eminence.2/16x9/Custom_Debug_Overlay.xml in a text editor and change the <visible>false</visible> to <visible>true</visible> and then restart kodi. This will provide an overlay with some debug info about which window is being used. Can you tell me what it says for the blank screen.

Second, can you try changing the music tile action -- select action in home customise and scroll down the bottom to Custom Shortcut and click that and you get a keyboard to manually input the path. This is a long shot, but try changing it to:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Music,MusicLibrary,Return)

Finally, can you get me a debug log.