Kodi Community Forum
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] (/showthread.php?tid=237538)

RE: Eminence 2.0 - beljim7419 - 2015-11-23

It needs to be extracted to the Addons folder and not the addon_data folder if using windows.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - KarmaMole - 2015-11-24

(2015-11-20, 04:39)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-11-20, 03:25)wobbly Wrote: any chance you can add the views from Eminence 1? i miss some of them too much
Which ones exactly? Pretty much every view is there or an equivalent. Main one missing is banner list because I feel it doesn't really fit.

PLEASE reconsider adding the banner (big banner, info banner) views - or the wide banner view from Zephyr. The lack of these views is my biggest grips so far with Em2 - I've mentioned this before, and it's the only thing that sometimes makes me consider going back to Em 1 or Zephyr. I don't like any of the current views for the episode listings Sad

Also - I'd love to have an icons only (album cover with no name under it) for the music section. I hate the 'text' box feel of the thumbnail display for the albums.

Those really are my only issues with the skin at the moment.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - cicero22 - 2015-11-24

(2015-11-24, 02:33)KarmaMole Wrote: PLEASE reconsider adding the banner (big banner, info banner) views - or the wide banner view from Zephyr. The lack of these views is my biggest grips so far with Em2 - I've mentioned this before, and it's the only thing that sometimes makes me consider going back to Em 1 or Zephyr. I don't like any of the current views for the episode listings Sad

+1

RE: Eminence 2.0 - User 289973 - 2015-11-24

(2015-11-23, 23:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 04:48)Tragic Wrote: Just updated to Jarvis and moved from 1.0 to 2.0, amazing skins thanks and donated Smile
Thanks Big Grin
Much appreciated!

(2015-11-23, 23:01)tdbegley Wrote: What shortcut path is used to get to your library? My setup means when I click music I get the artists lists, when I press back I get the list of sources, back from there is just a black screen. If I go to ActivateWindow(Music) then it's just a blank screen.

Obviuolsy there's a movie and tv show hub but there is not a music hub, maybe when I press back from the artist view its looking for a hub that doesn't exist? I have no idea what is going on or how to fix it lol.
Hmm strange. ActivateWindow(Music) definitely should work as it is what I use. Hubs are separate windows - the skin doesn't try to force going back to one, kodi simply remembers the order of windows and goes back to the previous window when pressing back, so it wont be anything to do with that if you came straight from the home screen.

First, can you open skin.eminence.2/16x9/Custom_Debug_Overlay.xml in a text editor and change the <visible>false</visible> to <visible>true</visible> and then restart kodi. This will provide an overlay with some debug info about which window is being used. Can you tell me what it says for the blank screen.

Second, can you try changing the music tile action -- select action in home customise and scroll down the bottom to Custom Shortcut and click that and you get a keyboard to manually input the path. This is a long shot, but try changing it to:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Music,MusicLibrary,Return)

Finally, can you get me a debug log.

Thank you, changing the shortcut to ActivateWindow(Music,MusicLibrary,Return) does not work.

I enabled the debug and the screen that is blank is MyMusicNav.xml

If you need a full debug let me know.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - wobbly - 2015-11-24

and lovefilm view for me to please

better yet add back all the views from em1

RE: Eminence 2.0 - EB1980 - 2015-11-24

I don't like to re-post but i am not sure if I did something wrong or my post was just missed

1) Is it possible to invert the push down/up function in the main menu and/or have something like default sub menu(widget carousel) like Arctic:Zephyr

2) I notice "Icons" image sometimes appear cut-off is this normal or is there a setting for this?

3) Also I love the idea for custom hubs. I wanted to create one for music. if I choose an add-on like YouTube or sound cloud "trending music" as a widget on home screen or hub. It will show have available posters of artist in home screen widget but the background fan-art just shows a logo of add-on. Is there a way to have maybe the posters be used for home-screen background or hub window similar to "Movies, TV Shows", when using "upcoming movies: or "on air" TV shows or any suggestion to having fan-art if i use add-on for music instead of having stored in my music library

thank you you in advance any help or links to where I can read more would help

RE: Eminence 2.0 - User 289973 - 2015-11-25

(2015-11-24, 12:49)tdbegley Wrote:
(2015-11-23, 23:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 04:48)Tragic Wrote: Just updated to Jarvis and moved from 1.0 to 2.0, amazing skins thanks and donated Smile
Thanks Big Grin
Much appreciated!

(2015-11-23, 23:01)tdbegley Wrote: What shortcut path is used to get to your library? My setup means when I click music I get the artists lists, when I press back I get the list of sources, back from there is just a black screen. If I go to ActivateWindow(Music) then it's just a blank screen.

Obviuolsy there's a movie and tv show hub but there is not a music hub, maybe when I press back from the artist view its looking for a hub that doesn't exist? I have no idea what is going on or how to fix it lol.
Hmm strange. ActivateWindow(Music) definitely should work as it is what I use. Hubs are separate windows - the skin doesn't try to force going back to one, kodi simply remembers the order of windows and goes back to the previous window when pressing back, so it wont be anything to do with that if you came straight from the home screen.

First, can you open skin.eminence.2/16x9/Custom_Debug_Overlay.xml in a text editor and change the <visible>false</visible> to <visible>true</visible> and then restart kodi. This will provide an overlay with some debug info about which window is being used. Can you tell me what it says for the blank screen.

Second, can you try changing the music tile action -- select action in home customise and scroll down the bottom to Custom Shortcut and click that and you get a keyboard to manually input the path. This is a long shot, but try changing it to:
Code:
ActivateWindow(Music,MusicLibrary,Return)

Finally, can you get me a debug log.

Thank you, changing the shortcut to ActivateWindow(Music,MusicLibrary,Return) does not work.

I enabled the debug and the screen that is blank is MyMusicNav.xml

If you need a full debug let me know.

After hour of debugging i have managed to fix it. I had to delete the folder /userdata/Databases/

It was either ViewModes6.db or Textures13.db that was causing the blank screen. When these were deleted the music library worked like a charm again. Thanks for your help!

RE: Eminence 2.0 - bollstedt - 2015-11-26

Hey,
if I press the codec info button while watching a video, I can hardly read it since the writing is not white colored. Is it possible to change it? Thank you Smile

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2015-11-26

(2015-11-24, 02:33)KarmaMole Wrote: PLEASE reconsider adding the banner (big banner, info banner) views - or the wide banner view from Zephyr. The lack of these views is my biggest grips so far with Em2 - I've mentioned this before, and it's the only thing that sometimes makes me consider going back to Em 1 or Zephyr. I don't like any of the current views for the episode listings Sad

Also - I'd love to have an icons only (album cover with no name under it) for the music section. I hate the 'text' box feel of the thumbnail display for the albums.
There is already an Info List view that is similar to Info Banner view from eminence 1. On latest git I have added an additional version of it (Info List 2) that doesn't have the poster on the side. That's the best its gong to get unless someone shows me a mockup of of how to have a wide banner view that matches the style guidelines of the other views.

I'm working on something for icons only. It is a bit difficult to get it to fit properly with spacing and ratios...

(2015-11-24, 12:54)wobbly Wrote: and lovefilm view for me to please
Whats wrong with either Gallery or Big Wide or Fanart List?

(2015-11-24, 15:52)EB1980 Wrote: I don't like to re-post but i am not sure if I did something wrong or my post was just missed

1) Is it possible to invert the push down/up function in the main menu and/or have something like default sub menu(widget carousel) like Arctic:Zephyr

2) I notice "Icons" image sometimes appear cut-off is this normal or is there a setting for this?

3) Also I love the idea for custom hubs. I wanted to create one for music. if I choose an add-on like YouTube or sound cloud "trending music" as a widget on home screen or hub. It will show have available posters of artist in home screen widget but the background fan-art just shows a logo of add-on. Is there a way to have maybe the posters be used for home-screen background or hub window similar to "Movies, TV Shows", when using "upcoming movies: or "on air" TV shows or any suggestion to having fan-art if i use add-on for music instead of having stored in my music library

thank you you in advance any help or links to where I can read more would help
1. Not currently possible to invert control direction, but I will add an option when I get the chance. I don't know what you mean by "default sub menu(widget carousel)"?
2. Shouldn't be. Make sure your resolution and monitor is 16:9 (some are 16:10 which distorts images). Also, Icons are set for a 1:1.5 ratio (so 1000x1500px). IF your posters are different from this they might be cut off.
3. Sorry no. Too complex to provide options for this.

(2015-11-25, 21:05)tdbegley Wrote: After hour of debugging i have managed to fix it. I had to delete the folder /userdata/Databases/

It was either ViewModes6.db or Textures13.db that was causing the blank screen. When these were deleted the music library worked like a charm again. Thanks for your help!
I was almost going to suggest deleting ViewModes.db - must have been stuck on a view ID that didn't exist. Glad you figured it out, that was very strange indeed.

(2015-11-26, 00:16)bollstedt Wrote: Hey,
if I press the codec info button while watching a video, I can hardly read it since the writing is not white colored. Is it possible to change it? Thank you Smile
Are you using the Light theme per chance? Should be fixed on git now for light theme.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - avia - 2015-11-26

Code:
msgid "Show plot for hub widgets"

What is the role of this possibility?

Another thing, This option does not work:

Code:
<!-- Set genre icons -->

<onclick>RunScript(script.image.resource.select,property=genre.icons&amp;type=resource.images.moviegenreicons)</onclick>

RE: Eminence 2.0 - r-o-n-i-n - 2015-11-26

Hey there!
First things first, I LOVE your skin. It very, very well suits my Windows 10 and I am very glad I came across "Eminence".
I am new to Kodi, before that I played around with Plex, but consuming media primarily on my local PC, Kodi is the way to go for me. Used eminence 1 at first on Isengard, and for Eminence 2 I switched to Jarvis and also registered to these forums. Reading this page many people would like to have more viewmodes for their media, and I am one of them ^^
Coming from Plex, I always very much liked how the films are presented there. I try to recreate that in eminence with the "icon" view, but it only displays the covers of some 16 films that way (using a 1440p monitor). In plex however the library looks more impressive:

A viewmode that shows more films at once would be my No.1 on the wishlist. Generally the more "viewmodes" the better!

Thanks for your attention and congratulations on having created the most appealing, grown-up yet stylish Kodi skin. Awesome work!

RE: Eminence 2.0 - User 289973 - 2015-11-26

Quick question guys, is there a way to disable a menu using the default widget and have a default background without having to go into the menu list and customize each screens background?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - bollstedt - 2015-11-26

(2015-11-26, 00:16)bollstedt Wrote: Hey,

Quote:Are you using the Light theme per chance? Should be fixed on git now for light theme.

Yes, I am using the light theme. Your last update fixed the problem. Thank you Smile

RE: Eminence 2.0 - wobbly - 2015-11-26

wobbly Wrote:
and lovefilm view for me to please

Whats wrong with either Gallery or Big Wide or Fanart List?
ok in Eminence 2.0 Big Wide does not work with a lot of add ons ive tried
where lovefilm view works no problems in Eminence 1 i dont know why

eg try ABC iview 2 to see what iam talking about
try lovefilm Eminence 1

then try the same addon in Eminence 2 and look at what views you get
i dont even get to pick Gallery or Big Wide or Fanart List views

ps on kodi 15

RE: Eminence 2.0 - KarmaMole - 2015-11-27

(2015-11-26, 04:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: There is already an Info List view that is similar to Info Banner view from eminence 1. On latest git I have added an additional version of it (Info List 2) that doesn't have the poster on the side. That's the best its gong to get unless someone shows me a mockup of of how to have a wide banner view that matches the style guidelines of the other views.

Alright, since I'm not sure what the guidelines are, and therefore I'm not sure what would break them, I miss the Banner List from Em1

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9n6c47q44ut07d/Banner%20List.png?dl=0

which is pretty similar to the 'Wide' view in Zephyr.

And yes, the latest Info List 2 view is (in my mind) the closest to any of these, and is the one I currently prefer, but I'd love to have this view available if it doesn't break the guidelines.

And, as mentioned, an 'icon/album' only view in music (without the name below the album cover) would be great.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.