Kodi Community Forum
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] (/showthread.php?tid=237538)

RE: Eminence 2.0 - cynical66 - 2015-12-12

@jurialmunkey I'm loving this skin! I have finally figured out most of what I wanted to use it for (kinda new at this)
My only issue I am running into is that when I change the header on the home screen, or click on not showing a header, it changes back to MEDIA CENTER every time I power cycle kodi. Any advice here would be great! Donating today as well!

RE: Eminence 2.0 - cynical66 - 2015-12-12

(2015-09-25, 00:59)-FuFu- Wrote: another question, will it be possible to change the text for the main titel on the Home screen like in v1 from the skin? In my opinion it looks nicer Smile
here a screenshot what i mean (Text "MediaCenterPC")

also i miss the number of channel in the Headline like in v1 from the skin (see screenshot 2)

When I change the header, and power cycle kodi, the header goes back to Media Center everytime... help anyone?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - daveftw84 - 2015-12-13

any way to increase the hub widget items from 10?
the widget in hub menus is only showing ten items at a time, i would like to increase this please

RE: Eminence 2.0 - daveftw84 - 2015-12-13

(2015-12-12, 20:28)cynical66 Wrote:
(2015-09-25, 00:59)-FuFu- Wrote: another question, will it be possible to change the text for the main titel on the Home screen like in v1 from the skin? In my opinion it looks nicer Smile
here a screenshot what i mean (Text "MediaCenterPC")

also i miss the number of channel in the Headline like in v1 from the skin (see screenshot 2)

When I change the header, and power cycle kodi, the header goes back to Media Center everytime... help anyone?

do something to cause skin shortcuts to save. i had same problem

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Blurayx - 2015-12-13

Hi jurialmunkey,

*Can you please fix the slight pausing, when enter is pressed, while watching movies or tv shows. I see the slight pause on my iMac and Nvidia Shield TV.
I have tested Mimic,Titan,Confluence,chroma and Transparent, None of them show any pausing.

*extended info not working correctly with TV show Empire(2015)

photo 1
Nothing happens when I click on the info icon photo 1:

photo 2
When I use this option extended info works:

Image Image

RE: Eminence 2.0 - BobCratchett - 2015-12-13

(2015-12-11, 13:20)izzymems Wrote: Hi all. I am a bit of a novice here so would appreciate some help if poss.

I previously used the Aeon Nox 5 Silvo skin to customise my Kodi Isenguard on Windows. In that skin whenever I set a multi-pic background image I could go into the GUISETTINGS and change the path from pointing to my HD and changing it to special://userdata\...........

However when I do the same thing on Eminence 2.0 with Jarvis and go in to the GUISETTINGS I cannot see where I can make the change. I noticed that information in Jarvis has moved from GUISETTIGNS to the eminence 2 SETTINGS. However when I change the file patch it does not reflect the change of the path from within the skin settings section.

I want to make the change so that if I install the build onto another device it will be pointing at the correct path to automatically pick up my images.

I hope I have made sense here, and would really appreciate some guidance.

Thank you.

If you're trying to change the fallback background (or any other background not linked to a main menu item) then you're doing it in the right place - hopefully someone with more knowledge than I can assist. If you're trying to change the background for a specific main menu item, these are set in userdata (wiki)/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/eminence.2.properties

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2015-12-14

Apologies guys. Very busy at the moment, so I can't provide the level of support I usually do. Don't worry though, I am still working on the skins when I have the chance to. It takes a long time to respond to everyone, so I would rather use my limited time to work on the skin. Please don't stop reporting bugs or requesting features though! I'm still reading the thread, just don't have time to answer every question.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2015-12-14

@Blurayx -- Extended info is different from the info screen shown in when you press "i", click "info" or choose "show information" from the context menu. That stuff is inbuilt into kodi's library. Extended info is a script that shows additional details, so the fact that the show info page works doesn't mean extended info is. Extended info is working for me on Isengard perfectly fine -- it looks like you are running a mod, so if you are on the Isengard version you will have to ask that mod's author. There were recent changes to Jarvis version of extendedinfo which I just pushed an update to git to accommodate -- however, this just resulted in info fields being blank, not the entire thing not showing.

I suspect one of two things for why the "extra info" button is not working for you. Either (1) you dont have extendedinfo script installed (but kodi should prompt you to install if its missing), or (2) you are trying to use it on a video stream rather than a local file. For some reason, streams don't carry the same information to the fullscreenvideo window as do local files, so many various functions wont work properly (some artwork types are not available and content types are not set properly) -- these prevent the extra info button from working as it needs to know whether to search for movie or tvshow info, and without a content type there isn't any way for the skin to know!

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Isgak_Abrahams - 2015-12-14

(2015-12-14, 06:43)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Blurayx -- Extended info is different from the info screen shown in when you press "i", click "info" or choose "show information" from the context menu. That stuff is inbuilt into kodi's library. Extended info is a script that shows additional details, so the fact that the show info page works doesn't mean extended info is. Extended info is working for me on Isengard perfectly fine -- it looks like you are running a mod, so if you are on the Isengard version you will have to ask that mod's author. There were recent changes to Jarvis version of extendedinfo which I just pushed an update to git to accommodate -- however, this just resulted in info fields being blank, not the entire thing not showing.

I suspect one of two things for why the "extra info" button is not working for you. Either (1) you dont have extendedinfo script installed (but kodi should prompt you to install if its missing), or (2) you are trying to use it on a video stream rather than a local file. For some reason, streams don't carry the same information to the fullscreenvideo window as do local files, so many various functions wont work properly (some artwork types are not available and content types are not set properly) -- these prevent the extra info button from working as it needs to know whether to search for movie or tvshow info, and without a content type there isn't any way for the skin to know!
What JM is saying is correct with regards to the I Button. If your media is played locally ie via hard drive or server etc, the info will show. However, if you are streaming something it Wont show anything

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Blurayx - 2015-12-15

(2015-12-14, 20:00)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 06:43)jurialmunkey Wrote: @Blurayx -- Extended info is different from the info screen shown in when you press "i", click "info" or choose "show information" from the context menu. That stuff is inbuilt into kodi's library. Extended info is a script that shows additional details, so the fact that the show info page works doesn't mean extended info is. Extended info is working for me on Isengard perfectly fine -- it looks like you are running a mod, so if you are on the Isengard version you will have to ask that mod's author. There were recent changes to Jarvis version of extendedinfo which I just pushed an update to git to accommodate -- however, this just resulted in info fields being blank, not the entire thing not showing.

What JM is saying is correct with regards to the I Button. If your media is played locally ie via hard drive or server etc, the info will show. However, if you are streaming something it Wont show anything

1 )The media is playing locally

2) I have the same problem with the none MOD version

3) I'm using Jarvis

4) Having the same problem with the latest version of extended info

5) extendedinfo script installed

This is the only file extended info does not work. If you have the time please rename a file "Empire.2015.S02E03.mkv" for testing and i'm sure you will have the same results.

Thanks

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2015-12-15

(2015-12-15, 00:04)Blurayx Wrote: This is the only file extended info does not work. If you have the time please rename a file "Empire.2015.S02E03.mkv" for testing and i'm sure you will have the same results.

Thanks

I get a notification "Item could not be found on TheMovieDB". If you goto themoviedb.org and search "Empire (2015)" you will see that you get no search results. However, searching for just "Empire" will get the results returned -- the "(2015)" part in the title is causing problems. What you need to do is remove the (2015) from the show's title. Go to TvShows library, find Empire (2015), hit "C" for the context menu, choose manage > edit title and change it to just "Empire". Extendedinfo will now find the show correctly.

PS. If you want to see the local info for the show in fullscreenvideo, just open the osd controls and press up.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - guido1138 - 2015-12-15

(2015-12-14, 06:43)jurialmunkey Wrote: I suspect one of two things for why the "extra info" button is not working for you. Either (1) you dont have extendedinfo script installed (but kodi should prompt you to install if its missing), or (2) you are trying to use it on a video stream rather than a local file. For some reason, streams don't carry the same information to the fullscreenvideo window as do local files, so many various functions wont work properly (some artwork types are not available and content types are not set properly) -- these prevent the extra info button from working as it needs to know whether to search for movie or tvshow info, and without a content type there isn't any way for the skin to know!
FYI, (2) is a Kodi bug I've been investigating and trying to get a developer to look into, with ticket here: #16410. The problem is that VideoPlayer.Content() in the skin XML may incorrectly return the "files" content type, which breaks E2's launching of extendedinfo from the video OSD (i.e. "Extra Info"). And yes, the problem is with ".strm" files, even if they've been properly scraped into your video library. This used to all work, but has been broken for movies as far back as Isengard, and also broke for TV episodes in Jarvis. I think this is a big regression impacting skin behaviour, since many people have a lot of .strm library content. Hopefully it can be fixed for Jarvis release.

p.s. Could you merge the last E2 Isengard bug-fix commit into Jarvis? I think it was overlooked...

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Blurayx - 2015-12-15

(2015-12-15, 02:34)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-12-15, 00:04)Blurayx Wrote: This is the only file extended info does not work. If you have the time please rename a file "Empire.2015.S02E03.mkv" for testing and i'm sure you will have the same results.

Thanks

I get a notification "Item could not be found on TheMovieDB". If you goto themoviedb.org and search "Empire (2015)" you will see that you get no search results. However, searching for just "Empire" will get the results returned -- the "(2015)" part in the title is causing problems. What you need to do is remove the (2015) from the show's title. Go to TvShows library, find Empire (2015), hit "C" for the context menu, choose manage > edit title and change it to just "Empire". Extendedinfo will now find the show correctly.

PS. If you want to see the local info for the show in fullscreenvideo, just open the osd controls and press up.

Hi jurialmunkey,

It's working now, Thank you very much for your help Smile

RE: Eminence 2.0 - iorifly - 2015-12-15

Sorry if I'm talking about something that has already been debated,
  but because this version does not have the "Widget Carousel" Huh?
   I liked so much ...

congratulations for the beautiful skin!

RE: Eminence 2.0 - EB1980 - 2015-12-16

I have noticed when using Rom Collection Browser in this skin that it creates some fort of issue with the addons filter. where it always show 4 menu headers in the middle of the screen. i have narrowed it down to the skin being it only occurs when using eminence 2. I absolutely love this skin. Any ideas how i can just remove this text from my screen?