Kodi Community Forum
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] (/showthread.php?tid=237538)

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Blurayx - 2016-01-13

(2016-01-12, 08:41)guido1138 Wrote:
(2016-01-09, 03:13)Blurayx Wrote: Great work jurialmunkey,

Could you please try and fix the slight pause when bring up the menu while watching movies/TV shows. I have tested 8 skins.Eminence 2.0 is the only on that does this.

The slight pause happens on my high spec iMac,Minix plus and Nvidia Shield TV.

Thanks
FYI, this isn't really an Eminence 2.0 issue. The slight pause arises because skin images haven't been stored using TexturePacker for efficient access. This is true of most skins you install straight from a git archive. Usually when the skins are released to a Kodi repo they will include the Textures.xbt file with packed images.

If you're really bothered by the pause you can build the packed file yourself and place it in the addons/skin.eminence.2/media folder. For example, here is the texture file I just built for the current git master branch I use on Jarvis: Textures.xbt.

Or you could just wait for jurialmunkey to officially release the skin, which might be soon since Kodi Jarvis is getting to the RC stage. Smile

Hi guido1138,
A big thank you for your help. It was very easy to build Big Grin
Eminence 2.0 and Eminence 2.0 MOD Now works flawlessly without any pausing.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - loggio - 2016-01-13

Hi jurialmunkey,

Are you able to add this option, like Arctic?

I want to disable the fanart from the home screen, but keep the covers showing for my random movies widget.
I can do this in Arctic zephyr by selecting "replace widget fanart with background" however, I cannot see a similar option in Eminence.

I like my home screen to be tidy and consistent and I just find that a majority of fanart is ugly and can be a bit in your face. Having the fallback and overlay image show behind the home widgets instead would be great.

Thanks for your time.

Loggio.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - dkplayaclub - 2016-01-19

I updated to the newest RC of Jarvis today and now I can't get Eminence 2 to install. On a fresh Kodi install, I downloaded and installed all the requirements from the first post and then downloaded the skin itself, but I get a "dependencies not met" error when trying to install it. Not sure what dependency I might be missing, but here is a log file in case it helps : http://xbmclogs.com/p4n5quy7t
Thanks. Love Eminence.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - ReducedToZero - 2016-01-21

(2016-01-19, 02:17)dkplayaclub Wrote: I updated to the newest RC of Jarvis today and now I can't get Eminence 2 to install.

Whilst I haven't (been brave enough yet) to try it myself on the RC, possibly related to this?

Quote:Skins: Sadly due to the amount of changes we’ll have to announce that skins will have certain parts non working. This beta will mark any version 15 skin as incompatible and will ask you to switch back to Confluence. This means that for you to continue using Kodi 16.0 you will have to switch back to Confluence or wait till the skin you use has been updated in our repository. Good new however is that a variety of skin have already start updating to latest changes.

Eminence 2 isn't in the supported list - hopefully only a matter of time.

EDIT: Scratch that, just did an update in place from Beta to RC and Eminence 2 is still ticking along nicely as tdbegley said below Smile

RE: Eminence 2.0 - User 289973 - 2016-01-21

(2016-01-19, 02:17)dkplayaclub Wrote: I updated to the newest RC of Jarvis today and now I can't get Eminence 2 to install. On a fresh Kodi install, I downloaded and installed all the requirements from the first post and then downloaded the skin itself, but I get a "dependencies not met" error when trying to install it. Not sure what dependency I might be missing, but here is a log file in case it helps : http://xbmclogs.com/p4n5quy7t
Thanks. Love Eminence.

Have you tried extracting the zip folder to the addons folder manually?

This is what i do with eminence 2 and am running it fine on Jarvic RC1 today.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Isgak_Abrahams - 2016-01-21

(2016-01-21, 15:50)tdbegley Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 02:17)dkplayaclub Wrote: I updated to the newest RC of Jarvis today and now I can't get Eminence 2 to install. On a fresh Kodi install, I downloaded and installed all the requirements from the first post and then downloaded the skin itself, but I get a "dependencies not met" error when trying to install it. Not sure what dependency I might be missing, but here is a log file in case it helps : http://xbmclogs.com/p4n5quy7t
Thanks. Love Eminence.

In which folder? Do you just extract the contact into the add-on folder, or is there another folder within the add-ons folder?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - User 289973 - 2016-01-24

(2016-01-21, 22:18)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 15:50)tdbegley Wrote:
Thanks. Love Eminence.

In which folder? Do you just extract the contact into the add-on folder, or is there another folder within the add-ons folder?

Just place skin.eminence.2-mod into the addon folder thats all.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - azza2112 - 2016-01-24

How do we get the widgets to stay at all times without a down toggle i like my widgets to be visible at all time

many thanks

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Isgak_Abrahams - 2016-01-24

(2016-01-24, 02:35)azza2112 Wrote: How do we get the widgets to stay at all times without a down toggle i like my widgets to be visible at all time

many thanks
In skin settings, either in Home or somewhere, there is the option to set as always.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - digitalgrafx - 2016-01-27

Is there a way to get predictive text search. Doesn't seem to work in this skin.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - titooo7 - 2016-01-29

Is it possible to move back or move forward a video clicking somewhere in the progress bar? How can we do it?

I can do it with Confluence and other skins but I don't know how to do it with Eminence..

So far I can only move back or forward pressing the rewind buttons. That's not good enough when you want to move a video 1 hour ahead..

RE: Eminence 2.0 - EB1980 - 2016-01-30

Is there anyway to get Rom Collection Browser working with eminence 2 as someone did in Eminence 1
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=237538

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Smiggel - 2016-01-31

(2016-01-24, 01:07)tdbegley Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 22:18)Isgak_Abrahams Wrote:
(2016-01-21, 15:50)tdbegley Wrote: Have you tried extracting the zip folder to the addons folder manually?

Just place skin.eminence.2-mod into the addon folder thats all.

I have tried this in OpenElec on a Raspberry Pi 2 and I end up with the skin and no menu or what so ever. So I can not browse to anything. :-( The addon script.skinshortcuts seems to be the problem. :-(

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Norin_Radd - 2016-02-01

I need help on costumizing the skin... im not getting it.

So what i want to do is having Tiles for movies, animation movies, documentaries, series, animation series

For that i scan to library on different sources, i have separate folders on video files separating the different content, but if i scan it on the default movies, documentaries and animation movies they all go on the movies tile... wich i don´t want... the same with series...

I managed to put item for the menu with sources... but then it doesn't show the hub... and if i put the source also for widget it doesn't show the posters... and then i cannot build a submenu... of the hub... showing director, country, studio, movies, random movies, blah blah of the source... for the widget someone told to create a playlist containing the source... that might work...

can someone help me how to build something like i want with hubs and submenus with director, blah, blah, for specific tiles from different video sources folders?

Because from what I'm reading no one is customizing the skin in that way from the pictures i have seen so far.

Help would be appreciated... maybe some new features would come up by providing such capabilities.

or maybe im missing something... cause there is no wiki... thanks

edit: i use it on jarvis

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Sjors125 - 2016-02-01

I think you can do something like that with smart playlists.
I created hub-items (so, not home menu items) for my animation movies and my animation series.

My hubs looked somewhat like this:

Movies:
* All movies
* Now playing (for items I started, but not yet finished watching)
* Genre
* Animation
* Year
* etc