Kodi Community Forum
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] (/showthread.php?tid=237538)

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Djsimonsez - 2016-03-23

i need the solution to this also

(2016-03-23, 13:37)danmedhurst Wrote: Can someone point me in the direction of the option to make Widgets refresh themselves every time you go to the home screen? I swear i've seen it somewhere but now i can't find it...

many thanks

RE: Eminence 2.0 - FlyingBurrito4 - 2016-03-23

I snapped this picture yesterday of a potential bug. I noticed it when trying to authenticate Trakt for SALTS, and then again on this photo, of their Auto Config "pop-up window." The mouse/hover doesn't transfer over, so there's no way to scroll down to Continue on devices that don't use a mouse.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Rivenwilde - 2016-03-24

(2016-03-23, 18:00)FlyingBurrito4 Wrote: I snapped this picture yesterday of a potential bug. I noticed it when trying to authenticate Trakt for SALTS, and then again on this photo, of their Auto Config "pop-up window." The mouse/hover doesn't transfer over, so there's no way to scroll down to Continue on devices that don't use a mouse.

I ran into the same issue yesterday, it defaults to continue. Press enter (or click the select button on your remote) when the window appears and the tile in the upper left should say "busy". Wait for it to complete and SALTS will display a config complete message.

Incredible skin by the way! I'm a skin junkie so I'm constantly testing and jumping from skin to skin, but Eminence 2.0 is definitely my new favorite. It's both beautiful and highly customize-able, hats off to the developer!

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Sjors125 - 2016-03-24

There are more places where mouse pointers are lost. It happens when you want to setup a new hub too. Eminence 2 is made for keyboards and touchscreens and not especially for mouses.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - mr.nanuk - 2016-03-25

Hi jurialmunkey,
Eminence 2.0 is a really great skin!

Are you still working on getting it to the official Kodi Repo?

Greetz

RE: Eminence 2.0 - danmedhurst - 2016-03-25

Having a problem setting an intro video file.. i can set the string, however when i restart Kodi, it doesnt play and when i check the setting it has blanked itself.

I've also noticed there is no "enable intro video / playlist" option... is this missing deliberately..

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2016-03-28

2.0.4 - Update to Persistent Widgets

Hi guys,

Apologies for not being around much of late. Extremely busy at the moment!

Considering that people are having trouble with persistent widgets and content reloading etc. etc., I've decided to revert the widgets back to how they were originally, but with an added skin setting option to enable persistent widgets.

To use persistent widgets simply turn off Skin Settings > Home > "Allow widget reloading"

RE: Eminence 2.0 - moty_rahamim - 2016-03-30

Thanks for that, would it be possible to add an arial fonts?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - ReducedToZero - 2016-04-01

(2016-03-28, 02:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: Considering that people are having trouble ... I've decided to revert the widgets

Thanks, that solved the not-updating issue for me Nod

RE: Eminence 2.0 - derby1985 - 2016-04-01

Hi, liking the skin so far. I have a question relating to the TV Guide view. Is it possible that when pressing OK on a channel it plays the channel rather than bring up the info button? It's a slight pain having to hold down the OK button and then selecting play channel?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Djsimonsez - 2016-04-06

Is there any way to force a hub or hub link to force a refresh as its clicked? ive set up a hub and the info is outdated and i cant find away of forcing the content to update, even thou in the addon separately it has, thanks

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Bruc3led - 2016-04-07

any help installing this skin?
do i just download the 4 zip files and select in kodi install from zip file?
Thanks

RE: Eminence 2.0 - AsinineRepublic - 2016-04-07

(2016-04-01, 19:33)derby1985 Wrote: Hi, liking the skin so far. I have a question relating to the TV Guide view. Is it possible that when pressing OK on a channel it plays the channel rather than bring up the info button? It's a slight pain having to hold down the OK button and then selecting play channel?

I believe the solution to this is inside settings: settings > video settings > FILE LISTS > DEFAULT SELECT ACTION, set to PLAY (i'm assuming yours says "show information")

does that fix it?

(2016-04-07, 12:56)Bruc3led Wrote: any help installing this skin?
do i just download the 4 zip files and select in kodi install from zip file?
Thanks

YES... I followed what this said, worked perfect:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/48dp4e/easiest_way_to_get_the_eminence_20_skin_on_my/

i just installed 2.0 and i'm digging it, for the most part... (you asked for testers, so here you go hahha.. sorry it is so long) I cannot even imagine how much work it takes to make such a beautiful skin, as requested, however, i do have suggestions:

WHAT I LOVE:

1.the new info dialog screen! (where it shows you what is happening on ur kodi... its either on the bottom of the screen or in the middle of the home, depending on where you are, everything about it is PERFECT! - including how the icon changes based on interactions that are happening, very cute ha)- would BE EVEN BETTER if it didnt persist during video playback... perhaps there is a way to change this i hadnt noticed? kinda annoying if library is updating or anything like that that takes a long time... [found the setting to "hide library notifications" but i think that hides it always, not just during playback]

2. it seems to flow much quicker
3. more options in settings menu, easier to customize home screen, more to the point, one click=done.
4. I like the check-marks you have incorporated for watched shows/movies... what do the blue stars mean, though?
5. The new "info icons" view option... CUTE! and also the new "Big wide", it seems that you have also updated the "Info List" view... maybe not, i dont remember if it looked like this in v1... but it is quickly becoming my DEFAULT view for everything... i love it!
6. The new option for "hubs"... takes some getting used to , but i can see how it can be awesome! - i am now used to it, and THEY ARE PERFECT!!! i'll never want to go back now! haha...
7. The widget bar, looks AMAZING, I LOVE IT
8. The option to set certain views as defaults! (So we no longer have to change it almost everytime we open the app....!!!!!!)
9. The "ended" or "next aired" information that pops up on tv series in my library!!!!! that is amazing!
10. I like the new keyboard cancel button and the auto-typing suggestions

SUGGESTIONS/POSSIBLE BUGS: (what i've noticed so far, i know it seems like a lot, but generally simple fixes, i think ha... i am periodically editing this if i find a way to fix any of this... most of it is probably my fault haha...)

1. WIDTH: I definitely agree with others here in this forum that the width is too much... (perhaps compromise in the middle between v1 & v2 widths, so it is not so drastic?, or have an option to adjust?) - or we can all just get used to it Wink i understand where you are coming from with this. - im definitely used to this by now, im starting to like it wide... Smile

2. CONTEXT MENU: Also, (i might be in the minority here, i dont know) but i definitely liked the side-load context menu instead of the one that is now on top (perhaps make an option to choose between the 2?) - i can also just get used to it haha. - think i read something on this forum saying that due to the new width you had to get rid of this feature, but feel it is better this way... so thats understood Smile

3. FONTS: changing fonts a possibility in settings? (the standard font is great, except when it goes bold... it's fairly ugly as bold, i.e. time on home screen/Movie titles when playing/Movie&episode title on info screen - some folks like it and to each their own, but a setting to change it would be awesome)

4. BOOKMARK BUG?: When i create a bookmark during playback it creates a grainy, pixelated horrible image, that has nothing to do with what part im at, i cannot even tell what it is of... instead of a screenshot like before...

5. LOADING BUG: sometimes the loading icon (busy-spinner) in the top right disappears while it says "busy"... dont know why...

6. QUESTION: How does the skin show me "NEXT EPISODE" information on certain series? I'd like to find a way to gather them together in a widget or something when a new episode is aired... been searching forums for dayyysssss hahaha (i noticed your 'recently added' default widget option... but that gets complicated, - if i decide to add a new series to my library, lets say, now all the "new" episodes that were there are obsolete because it added X amount of episodes for this new show i want to watch - and im sure it will remove new episodes after a certain amount of time)... just wondering to maybe have a constant widget that will show newly aired (unwatched) episodes to shows in my library, and also SOON to be released episodes (perhaps editable to decide how long soon is ha)? or even a date for all my series that are still running for when they will be aired again? in a widget? this seemed impossible to me until i noticed how your skin figures all that information out automatically (WHICH I LOVE!!!!)... so im sure there HAS TO BE a way to incorporate that into a widget/menu of some kind... - i figured out how to do this... i just created a smart playlist and made it my widget... STOKED!

7. SUGGESTION: Put an "air date" text on the "recently added episodes" HUB widget and perhaps a "next aired" one as well?

8. BUG: When "reload skin" is selected it crashes entire system and must reboot (not 100% of the time, which is whats weird, but a good 80-90%)

9. POSSIBLE BUG?: The skin will not display the "live TV" menu no matter what i do... I see it as an option to choose it as a menu item/etc, yet when i apply it anywhere, it never shows up... perhaps this is something on my end? (because i also switched skins to confluence and normally when it is done correctly it will automatically appear on the home screen for that skin, yet it did not either for me....) Huh? hmmmmm... i dont know though...

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!! skins like this make Kodi so much more awesome!