Kodi Community Forum
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] (/showthread.php?tid=237538)

RE: Eminence 2.0 - edit4ever - 2016-08-29

(2016-08-29, 22:14)zbigzbig20 Wrote: And one more thing. After adding faded header in for tv / video section now in kodi main menu (and other menus) this header is almost not visible. Where I can change font color for this header ?

That is controlled through your colors xml file - there should be a defaults.xml and a Light.xml in the colors folder. I copied the defaults to a new file (new name) and made changes in there. That is where I added the TopBarBG color as well.

Are you saying that the bar is covering the font? Or did you have a font color that is similar to the bar color? Can you post a pic?

If the bar is covering the font - then you may have placed it in the wrong position in the Includes_Furniture.xml. I have mine set to a light transparency to just add a little shadowing behind the header bar text.

As for the logo on the header bar. Certainly is possible...but I'll have to take a look later. It's all still done in that same Includes_Furniture.xml -- you'll just need to add lines for when a logo is present or not.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - edit4ever - 2016-08-29

If your main focus is live tv/pvr - you might want to take a look at some of my adjustments. Below are my color and 16x9 setup files.
My main changes are on the guide screen, recordings screen and a little on the live tv fullscreen progress bar, header and info panel.

Here is my color file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i94nqzgjl342gmy/DarkBlue.xml?dl=0
copy to your colors folder and then choose Dark Blue in the kodi appearance/colors setting.

Here are my xml files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6rw14mqob3gsss5/16x9.zip?dl=0
These will replace the files in your 16x9 folder. You may want to backup your own files first - or just copy the individual files you like.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - zbigzbig20 - 2016-08-29

Thank you. Very nice modifications Smile I added your color TopBarBG and header color font is now good (updated color in includes_furniture.xml for faded header). Now it looks nice.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - edit4ever - 2016-08-30

@zbigzbig20
Here are some options for channel logo in the top header.

The first two include the channel number below the logo - which causes some logos (ones that are wide and not tall) to look small.

The next two remove the channel number and allow the logo to fill the entire 128x128 space. (FYI - these logos are 512x512 loaded from tvh backend)

If you like either version - I can provide the includes_furniture.xml that matches. These are set to only show during live tv - normal top header icons/text appear everywhere else.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - zbigzbig20 - 2016-08-30

This second proposition with bigger picon (I am using 220x132 size) looks very good.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - edit4ever - 2016-08-30

Try this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/68pgb50lio6uw94/Includes_Furniture.xml?dl=0

I also added the free disk space info to the header on the recordings and timers screens.

If all your tv channel logos are 220x132 - you may be able to fit the channel number below. You'll see the section I modified and can try adjusting the position of your logos and turning the channel number back on if you like.

BTW - we should probably move this discussion to the customizations thread...I think this one is meant for bugs.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - desibuoy - 2016-08-31

(2016-07-27, 21:42)desibuoy Wrote: Hi,
I'm having trouble removing the 'Media Center' Text on the home screen. I've removed it from my settings but it keeps coming back Grrr.
Also I want to remove the 'Home' text and the Icon from the Home too. I don't want those there. I'm happy with the Time and the weather. Also how do I change it to Celsius?

Thank You Smile

Anyone please?

Thanks

RE: Eminence 2.0 - edit4ever - 2016-09-01

To remove Media Center text, I think you have to at least put a blank space in the Home Header Text setting in the skin settings menu. I believe just leaving it blank won't work. Should be the same thing for the Home icon text...but it seems to not work.

There seems to be a bug there.

If you want to edit Includes_Furniture.xml look for the following section:

Code:
<variable name="Furniture_TopBar_Tile_Text">

And in the last line in that section:

Code:
<value>$LOCALIZE[10000]</value>

Remove the $LOCALIZE[10000] part.

As for the icon...you can use this blank tile:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywscqk80xe9z0b2/blank.png?dl=0

It will look like a white box when you go to select it in the settings menu, but it is completely transparent.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - desibuoy - 2016-09-01

(2016-09-01, 05:53)edit4ever Wrote: To remove Media Center text, I think you have to at least put a blank space in the Home Header Text setting in the skin settings menu. I believe just leaving it blank won't work. Should be the same thing for the Home icon text...but it seems to not work.

There seems to be a bug there.

If you want to edit Includes_Furniture.xml look for the following section:

Code:
<variable name="Furniture_TopBar_Tile_Text">

And in the last line in that section:

Code:
<value>$LOCALIZE[10000]</value>

Remove the $LOCALIZE[10000] part.

As for the icon...you can use this blank tile:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywscqk80xe9z0b2/blank.png?dl=0

It will look like a white box when you go to select it in the settings menu, but it is completely transparent.

I shall try that fella.

Thank you.

--- Update

How do I change the includes_furniture.xml file? Where is it located?
I did a search and found like 4 files on my Android Box. I edited the file inside Android but nothing happened. Same goes with the Blank Icon. IT didn't replace the home icon or the text Sad

RE: Eminence 2.0 - toeggi - 2016-09-02

Is it possible to choose which poster, fanart etc to use on tv shows, the same way you can on movies?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Tylercho - 2016-09-02

Ok can someone please help me I love the eminence 2.0 skin by far the best skin for my firestick I loved it.
I was running pulse lite with eminence 2.0 skin and everything was great well I got a new firestick and I cannot find the skin to save my life. How do I get it on the firestick. Please help

RE: Eminence 2.0 - gogorman - 2016-09-04

(2016-08-16, 01:30)gogorman Wrote:
(2016-08-07, 16:04)gogorman Wrote:
(2016-08-07, 05:43)jurialmunkey Wrote: If anything this will be a dependency of a required addon, not the skin. But I have a feeling that perhaps you didn't give the zip file a unique name before attempting to install it. If you did, and still getting this error, can you grab me a debug log so I can track down what addon is causing the issue.

@jurialmunkey Here is the debug:

23:21:23 35340.632812 T:1962151936 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (FileBrowser.xml) ------
23:21:23 35340.636719 T:1962151936 DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing from zip '/storage/skin.eminence.2-Jarvis.zip'
23:21:23 35340.640625 T:1860838304 DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - received key b duration 243 (rep:0 size:0)
23:21:23 35340.640625 T:1860838304 DEBUG: PushCecKeypress - ignored key b
23:21:23 35340.675781 T:1365046176 DEBUG: CAddonInstallJob[script.module.actionhandler]: requires xbmc.python version 2.25.0 which is not available
23:21:23 35340.675781 T:1365046176 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.eminence.2]: The dependency on xbmc.python version 2.25.0 could not be satisfied.
23:21:23 35340.722656 T:1962151936 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------

ThoughtsHuh

Last ditch effort. Anyone else having this problem? I'm not sure which add-on it could be referring to. Is there a way to check in an xml file?
Or is there a way to update xbmc.python to 2.25.0 manually?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2016-09-06

@gogorman - think I saw something about extendedinfo or one of its dependencies causing it. Not a skin issue. Try installing extendedinfo manually first

RE: Eminence 2.0 - TMDaines - 2016-09-06

I've been using an old version of Eminence on my main PC for a while, but just downloaded the Jarvis version of 2.0 for my new Fire Stick and I must say that I am impressed.

I did make one tweak to the Eminence that I am using on my PC, however, and I would love for it to be a built in option here. If I'm not mistaken the aspect ratio of posters uses the "scale" control tag and I can see why. For most people using modern art from well-known films, it looks very slick. If you are like me, however, and you have a lot of old films that utilise old bordered posters that aren't all the standard sizes then it looks a bit more sloppy. The "stretch" control tag that tweaks the aspect ratio slightly and stretches the posters to fill the rectangular space looks better. It would be great to configure this option through the interface, rather than having to delve into the code, and have my posters displayed with the "stretch" control tag.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - gogorman - 2016-09-09

(2016-09-06, 00:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: @gogorman - think I saw something about extendedinfo or one of its dependencies causing it. Not a skin issue. Try installing extendedinfo manually first

Interesting. When I try to install extendedinfo I get the same xbmc.python 2.25.0 errorHuh??
I wonder what is upHuh
And how I can somehow update my python version?