Kodi Community Forum
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] (/showthread.php?tid=237538)

RE: Eminence 2.0 ALPHA TESTERS NEEDED - jurialmunkey - 2015-09-23

(2015-09-22, 07:54)stueeey Wrote: I can see great thought has gone into this, I see why you have implemented a band, it's a great separator from the menu tiles below, which have a very separate function.

I'm not 100% sure at this stage, but I am also presuming that the text plot info angled graphic likely sits in exactly the same position as the other 'featured' widget... this of course would lend itself very nicely to multiple widget implementation (would enable a floorless motion between the 2 types of widgets if the text angled graphic stayed still, motionless) ... (should it be feasible that is) would love to be able to implement this!
Yep will be possible to have some show posters and others to not - just figuring out the best way to provide the option (have some ideas, just have to play around with which one feels the most intuitive).

The info part of the posters bit is exactly the same size as the normal info box - basically, once the option is in, the right side with the posters will slide in if that particular widget has it enabled.

(2015-09-22, 14:24)stueeey Wrote: @jurialmunkey - just an idea (see image) had in mind users not looking to implement icons with their home menu...
could potentially add more screen space for fanart etc... should the panel be lowered to compensate (not sure its possible to implement both views)
(2015-09-22, 15:27)Reflex Wrote: I just want to point out that I think you need to be sure the Eminence skin does not get to big and complicated. I choose Eminence rather then other high customizable skins because it does not requires allot of resources. At this point I can still run this Alpha smooth on my android box, but would like to keep that.
Yep exactly. Will probably leave other home menu bar styles up to mods once the skin is finished - want to keep the main skin as s imple as possible whilst still supporting a lot of features.

(2015-09-22, 16:15)mfwilli Wrote: Happy to see this is back (as it's own view) in newest git. Thanks!
Big Grin

(2015-09-22, 16:15)Reflex Wrote: I am missing 2 things. The ability to change the Hub background (I can only add an image for the global background). And the ability to add a single image as Hub widget.
Hub background just takes fanart from hub widget. However, being able to set an image slideshow for the hub widget is a good idea -- I'll look into whether or not this is possible to implement in a way that still keeps the code simple.

(2015-09-23, 03:18)stueeey Wrote: @jurialmunkey - had a good play with the poster widgets you created this evening - love it... a few thoughts, denoted as screenshots below.
please dismiss if irrelevant, (I get bored easily, only good intentions - lol)...

1. increased focused poster border...

2. current stationary focus position denotes 5 posters...
-- moved focus on to denote more of the previous poster (denoting 6 at one time).. love the idea of the previous just peeking out, but I think it could do with seeing just a little more of it peeking out.
1. Already was toying with this. Increased the size on latest git
2. Good idea -- also gives a sense that more posters can come from the right as well. Implemented on latest git.

(2015-09-23, 04:09)stueeey Wrote: could the top left hand graphic button 'text and icon' (that currently states home) be used to denote the Kodi user profile currently logged in? (stueeey)
-- for this example I simply swapped the home icon for my profile image, by using the same file reference 'home' (cheating... won't help if I log in as another user)
Another good idea. My only concern is that profile names might be too long or that profile images would be square and look really ugly or the wrong size. Maybe a better approach might be the option to change the tile label and icon for the home screen. This would allow people to set it however they wish and because it is a skin setting, it will be on a per profile basis also.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - mattyspurs76 - 2015-09-23

Ive just realised ..... i cant have multiple backgrounds for each 'tab'. or can i?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - stueeey - 2015-09-23

@jurialmunkey - these changes are all spot on! ...the ability to change the top left tile label is a great addition. I'm sure users with additional Kodi profiles shall appreciate it too.

thank you.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - stueeey - 2015-09-23

(2015-09-23, 15:00)mattyspurs76 Wrote: Ive just realised ..... i cant have multiple backgrounds for each 'tab'. or can i?

@mattyspurs76 - I believe you can... unless I am mistaken the settings for multiple background images you are looking can be found under...

>Skin settings >Home >Customise Home Menu >(select a menu/tab item and then choose) >Select background (you then have the option to choose 'Single image' or 'Multi-image' ...and then select the image or folder of images you desire.

hope this helps.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - KarmaMole - 2015-09-23

Would be great if we could show 'widget info' on home page with an option to have the posters slide in on 'up'....rather than being forced to disable the 'info' if we want the posters to only show up on 'up' Smile

That would be ideal Smile

RE: Eminence 2.0 - kobikite - 2015-09-23

What about the CD view, it will be supported

RE: Eminence 2.0 - mfwilli - 2015-09-23

Will upload a screenshot tonight, but for now - are media flags enabled yet? I have enabled in settings and they appear with Eminence V1 and other skins - just not V2.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Reflex - 2015-09-23

Media flags are there. Just enable them in the skin settings and they will show up.

Eminence 2.0 - stueeey - 2015-09-24

@jurialmunkey - regarding : additional Kodi Jarvis user profiles... I know that there is/has been issues with implementing separating skins. I'm currently experiencing some funky antics with settings applied in user 1 also being applied for user 2.

ie. my separately created Kodi user profiles do not appear to be very separate... do u knows if there is a fix for this? is it skin related?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2015-09-24

(2015-09-23, 17:07)KarmaMole Wrote: Would be great if we could show 'widget info' on home page with an option to have the posters slide in on 'up'....rather than being forced to disable the 'info' if we want the posters to only show up on 'up' Smile

That would be ideal Smile
Done. See git Smile

(2015-09-23, 20:05)kobikite Wrote: What about the CD view, it will be supported
Done. See git Smile

(2015-09-24, 00:00)stueeey Wrote: @jurialmunkey - regarding : additional Kodi Jarvis user profiles... I know that there is/has been issues with implementing separating skins. I'm currently experiencing some funky antics with settings applied in user 1 also being applied for user 2.

ie. my separately created Kodi user profiles do not appear to be very separate... do u knows if there is a fix for this? is it skin related?
Hmm, unlikely to be skin related. Is it only happening regarding skinshortcuts script (i.e. changes made in Home Customisation dialog)? I remember there being something about the first profile inheriting the settings of the master profile for skin shortcuts. IRC, the solution was to create an additional profile and use that instead.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - mfwilli - 2015-09-24

(2015-09-23, 20:22)Reflex Wrote: Media flags are there. Just enable them in the skin settings and they will show up.

Thanks for the reply.

Hmmm. Could you please be more specific? I don't see the option within Settings>Skin settings.

Skin settings - extras - show media flags

RE: Eminence 2.0 - avia - 2015-09-24

(2015-09-24, 03:10)jurialmunkey Wrote: What about the CD view, it will be supported

Done. See git Smile

Thank you - worked perfectly.

Eminence 2.0 - stueeey - 2015-09-24

(2015-09-24, 00:00)stueeey Wrote: @jurialmunkey - regarding : additional Kodi Jarvis user profiles... I know that there is/has been issues with implementing separating skins. I'm currently experiencing some funky antics with settings applied in user 1 also being applied for user 2.

jurialmunkey Wrote:Hmm, unlikely to be skin related. Is it only happening regarding skinshortcuts script (i.e. changes made in Home Customisation dialog)? I remember there being something about the first profile inheriting the settings of the master profile for skin shortcuts. IRC, the solution was to create an additional profile and use that instead.

I believe you may be right - related to home customisation skinshortcuts yes...

seems to assign some settings to both profiles like the top left tab icon and colours to tabs etc.

when you say the solution is to create an additional profile and use that instead, do you mean as well as the additional profile I have already created?

ie. currently I have 2 profiles (master & kids) which are sharing what should be separate profiles/ settings but are using the same Eminence2 skin.

are you saying that a possible solution is to create a 3rd?

sorry to be a pest... please direct me to th subject forum if you know where I can read up further. don't wish to clutter this forum.

thanks for all your help Smile

@stueeey - Yeah, create a third profile.

Have a look here in the skinshortcuts thread and you will see that this got brought up a few months ago:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=178294&pid=1994656#pid1994656

For some reason Profile 2 and Master are linked, so the solution is to create a third one which wont be linked.