Kodi Community Forum
v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: v19 Eminence 2.0 [Matrix on Official Repo] (/showthread.php?tid=237538)

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Miff - 2019-02-24

Excellent, thanks for fixing this, and of course, thanks for keeping up the great work on this skin!

RE: Eminence 2.0 - JeroenTuinstra - 2019-02-25

I posted on Github too, but I notice there seems to be a quicker response here. I love the eminence skin and am using the latest from your github. Unfortunately there seems to be a bug with the views. It standardly selects the "wrong" poster for television series.
While you would expect when you select an overview of a particular serie, that each season would have its own season poster. However the skin uses the general series poster. Not untill you click on a season to see the episodes is the poster of the season used.
It is perhaps a beauty fault, but really annoying when you don't have the title of the season in the view and all the posters look the same.

Correct overview of the series
Seasons using the series posters (all the same posters for each season) should be a season poster per season
The overview of the episodes uses the season poster. So the skin has access to this, yet uses it only with the episodes not with the seasons.

Link to my log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7wd4mv5qzckhqa/kodi-problememinence.log?dl=0

Thanks for all the help with this, love the skin so far!

RE: Eminence 2.0 - starkman - 2019-02-25

(2019-02-23, 12:53)starkman Wrote: - You cannot add more than one action (two or more consecutive actions) within one item by going to "Skin Settings > Miscellaneous > Customise shutdown menu".
- In skins like Eminence 2,  there’s usually no DialogButtonMenu.xml or any other related file to edit that would have the result we want.

You can do what's described here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227079&pid=2500298#pid2500298

In my case these were the steps:

1) Created an "overrides.xml" file with this content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<overrides>
   <override action="RebootToAndroid">
        <action>System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</action>
        <action>XBMC.Reboot()</action>
   </override>
</overrides>

2) Copied it within the "userdata" folder
3) Went to "Skin Settings > Miscellaneous > Customise shutdown menu" and added an item with the label "Reboot to Android" and this action (without the quotes): "RebootToAndroid"

That's it. It seems to work fine. 
 @jurialmunkey Is it possible to create a home menu shortcut that will have the above functionality ?
So it would be a home menu shortcut that would call and execute that override "RebootToAndroid" command / action.
Thanks in advance.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jurialmunkey - 2019-02-26

(2019-02-25, 22:41)starkman Wrote:
(2019-02-23, 12:53)starkman Wrote: - You cannot add more than one action (two or more consecutive actions) within one item by going to "Skin Settings > Miscellaneous > Customise shutdown menu".
- In skins like Eminence 2,  there’s usually no DialogButtonMenu.xml or any other related file to edit that would have the result we want.

You can do what's described here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=227079&pid=2500298#pid2500298

<overrides>
   </override>
</overrides>

3) Went to "Skin Settings > Miscellaneous > Customise shutdown menu" and added an item with the label "Reboot to Android" and this action (without the quotes): "RebootToAndroid"

@jurialmunkey Is it possible to create a home menu shortcut that will have the above functionality ?
So it would be a home menu shortcut that would call and execute that override "RebootToAndroid" command / action.
Thanks in advance.
It should work exactly the same as the power menu. Just add the override shortcut action to the home screen same way as you did the above.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - starkman - 2019-02-26

(2019-02-26, 00:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-02-25, 22:41)starkman Wrote:

<overrides>
   </override>
</overrides>

Thanks in advance. 
It should work exactly the same as the power menu. Just add the override shortcut action to the home screen same way as you did the above. 
Thank you. It works fine :-)

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Mugros - 2019-02-28

Does the skin have a simple search function? I can only see the filter, but I'd like to do a quick search just by title

RE: Eminence 2.0 - starkman - 2019-03-03

(2019-02-28, 22:00)Mugros Wrote: Does the skin have a simple search function? I can only see the filter, but I'd like to do a quick search just by title
 Now that you mention this, today I realised that in my setup the Search option was not working. When I clicked on it, nothing happened. Both in the TV Shows and the Movies hub.
So I went and saw the actual command the "search item" calls, and I installed the Global Search add-on. So now Search works, but the results page is being shown with the default Estuary skin and not with the Eminence skin / GUI ! Any idea why this is happening and how I could fix this?  @jurialmunkey ?

Thanks in advance.

RE: Eminence 2.0 - nojoe - 2019-03-12

Great theme!

Any solution to slow down the background picture changes like in weather.
Also the showcase change in the widgets?

Update: best theme ever..😁

Another question. How can i hide some useless addons from Video-Addons like 'Skin Helper Service' or 'Extended Info'. The addon 'Super Favorites' doesn't work right well with Leia.,

RE: Eminence 2.0 - silmano - 2019-03-14

First of all, this is a great theme, many thanks for your contribution.

I've customize it a bit to my linking, but I find something that I'm not unable to correct, not sure if it might be some misconfiguration (surely from my side) or something else.

When playing a video, you can jump to a time inside the video by typing the numbers, for example typing 1 0 0 0 (and I think OK or enter), would move the video to minute 10 of that video. I remember that doing this action you could see (with the stock theme) the numbers you where actually typing in the upper left corner, but with Eminence I'm not able to see anything on the screen, so there is no way to know if you have inserted a digit more or less (maybe a key stroke slipped or wasn't send).

My question is, is there a way to make that selection appear (like an overlay or something like that) with the theme's configuration or any other way?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jpf55 - 2019-03-16

Please, How can I make the "Sort Line" font bigger ?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - jpf55 - 2019-03-16

Please, How can I make the "Sort by: line" font bigger ?

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Erickmurillo - 2019-03-17

I love this skin! Simply the best! Incredibly elegant!

Congratulations for the creator, never leave improve!

RE: Eminence 2.0 - FlangeMonkey - 2019-04-22

I've been wanting to add some custom home items and have gone down the rabbit hole.  I'm really liking this skin over most others, this is really clean and classy.

Coming from the stock Estuary, I find functionality and simplicity of the vertical menu together with the multiple widgets is my main go-to for most, if not all, of my content.  In particular, the sections 'In Progress' (with bar total watched) and 'Recently added'.  I know Eminence is a different style and I appreciate that, but is it possible to have multiple widgets on a single home item, such as In-Progress and Recently added?

Additionally, as the Hub is a vertical menu system, is it possible to have multiple widgets like it is on the stock Estuary home items?  I'd find that more functional than a single spotlight showing one item.

Thanks,

RE: Eminence 2.0 - es2k - 2019-04-22

Hi, like many others have said on here, i love how simplistic and clean this skin is. May i please request a feature?
Could you please add the option to move the seek bar to the top or bottom on the screen when pausing?

At times when watching shows in another language with subtitles, i often pause to read the subs, but the word 'paused' comes in the way.
I would really appreciate this feature.

Thanks

RE: Eminence 2.0 - Julestop - 2019-04-29

(2019-02-25, 00:57)JeroenTuinstra Wrote: I posted on Github too, but I notice there seems to be a quicker response here. I love the eminence skin and am using the latest from your github. Unfortunately there seems to be a bug with the views. It standardly selects the "wrong" poster for television series.
While you would expect when you select an overview of a particular serie, that each season would have its own season poster. However the skin uses the general series poster. Not untill you click on a season to see the episodes is the poster of the season used.
It is perhaps a beauty fault, but really annoying when you don't have the title of the season in the view and all the posters look the same.

Correct overview of the series
Seasons using the series posters (all the same posters for each season) should be a season poster per season
The overview of the episodes uses the season poster. So the skin has access to this, yet uses it only with the episodes not with the seasons.

Link to my log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h7wd4mv5qzckhqa/kodi-problememinence.log?dl=0

Thanks for all the help with this, love the skin so far!
I'm having the same issue. The TV seasons poster is not showing up under icon view... it instead shows the series poster.
Would love a fix.