Kodi Community Forum
[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: OS independent / Other (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=228)
+---- Thread: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi (/showthread.php?tid=238523)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - amam - 2015-10-26

(2015-10-25, 06:54)unheeding Wrote:
(2015-10-25, 05:26)ferni Wrote:
(2015-10-24, 08:51)unheeding Wrote: Hey guys, if anyone is using Kodi on Windows like me and wants to use AirPlay for music... I figured out a workaround (maybe other people have suggested it already but I'll post it in case it can help someone else!)

Just make sure iTunes is opened before opening Kodi. Then, instead of using the music app on your iPhone, use the Remote app (download it if you don't have it, this app allows you to control your iTunes library from your iPhone...) and within the Remote app, enable AirPlay and play a song! (Or you can enable AirPlay on iTunes beforehand, same thing.) There's literally no inconvenience to this method IMO, same end result (you do get media info in Kodi)

Don't think that helps when you want to play music/audio that isn't in your iTunes library? ie Spotify, or similar?

100% of the music I listen to is in my iTunes library so I wasn't thinking about those options, but yeah, what I suggested would only work with iTunes.

Hi all,

I have used Shairport4w for music airplay on Windows htpc. Unfortunately it does not integrate with Kodi in any way, but it runs in Windows background and gets the job done. You can airplay music from any app, eg. Spotify to your htpc speakers.

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - donald24 - 2015-10-27

Well done! Nightly build now flawlessly plays back any music!!

The biggest thing for me is Kodi's WASAPI support. Any other Airplay-app I've found for Windows did only DirectSound. So having my USB-DAC on my HTPC now is able to headlessly play Airplay bit-perfect to my speakers. That did not even work with an AirportExpress and SPDIF because of a pickyness regarding the optical signal.

Thumbs up!

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - ettescott - 2015-11-01

I've tried a nightly from Oct 16th, as well as the alpha4 of Kodi 16, and ios9 audio airplay still seems to be broken for me. Airplay doesn't work upon loading kodi, but if I disable airplay at settings->services->airplay, then try to connect with an ios9 device, airplay works. I've downloaded the latest iTunes, cleared all previous Kodi installs, and same result. I couldn't see any 'ios8 compatibility' or 'disable video and pictures' settings under airplay settings, as referenced earlier in the thread, even with advanced settings enabled.

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - steve1977 - 2015-11-02

Just noticed that enabling IOS9 support not only breaks video support for IOS8 (expected and ok), but also itunes support for videos. Is this intended and/or possible to keep video support for itunes and have audio-only for IOS9 (i.e., disabling video support for IOS8, but keepign itunes). Thanks!!!

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - Steven0008 - 2015-11-02

How to implement a addon to complete airplay and airtunes?

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - Memphiz - 2015-11-02

@steve1977 there is no difference in airplaying video from ios and from itunes. If you disable airplay video support (so it can be used as audio only target for ios9 devices) of course it will be also gone for itunes. There is no way to have both (thats the whole problem - when enabling video support it will work with itunes but will make ios9 clients unusable 100%).

@ettescott ensure to have the settings level at expert (lower left in the settings menu of the confluence skin) - then you should see the option.

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - marioz - 2015-11-15

hello all. on my iphone 5s and ipad air 2 , DS audio and DS video works fine iOS9.1 with airplay on my nas
Does't not work on Youtube, itune store music and more.

Sorry for my english Tongue

[AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - Memphiz - 2015-11-15

What is DS audio and DS Video?

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - Wingie - 2015-11-15

@Memphiz these are both synology apps that work with a NAS from that company.

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - Memphiz - 2015-11-16

So it has nothing to do at all with airplay i guess?

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - Charlynsr - 2015-11-17

Is there any possibility to use an alternative to AirPlay with android? I am fed up with the Apple policy...

Confused

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - k4sh1n - 2015-11-19

@ "Charlynsr"
Music Pump XBMC / Kodi Remote
Yatse, the Kodi / XBMC Remote

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - pletopia - 2015-11-20

Were people able to get this to work? I'm running Jarvis beta1. iOS9.1 on my iPhone 6S Plus and no dice. I have airplay enabled and Video/Photo disabled. Kodi appears in my list but when i selected it after a split second it goes back to playing my Spotify song on the device, not through Kodi.

http://xbmclogs.com/pl1dzneic

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - EngineerPeter - 2015-11-27

(2015-11-20, 23:41)pletopia Wrote: Were people able to get this to work? I'm running Jarvis beta1. iOS9.1 on my iPhone 6S Plus and no dice. I have airplay enabled and Video/Photo disabled. Kodi appears in my list but when i selected it after a split second it goes back to playing my Spotify song on the device, not through Kodi.

http://xbmclogs.com/pl1dzneic

Hello,

I'm running version 6 and I'm having issues with airplay from my ipad apps (BT sport & youtube) to openelec and have the above issue. The pad sees that there is an airplay device and when I start to play openelec goes black for a second and then goes back to a normal display. The pad is running ios8.4 though!

I've had a search around and can't find any real solutions that seems to work for me. Is anyone else having this problem or am I doing something wrong. It worked under openelec 5, but it seems to be as I have upgraded?

Does anyone have any suggestions how to resolve?

Thanks

RE: [AirPlay][Warning] Don't update to iOS9 if you want AirPlay to Kodi - pletopia - 2015-11-28

Tonight I completely wiped my Kodi setup and did a "clean" startup of Jarvis beta 2. First thing I did was enable Airplay (w/ disabling video/pic support) and tried to play from my iOS9 iPhone and nothing. Guess it wasn't my customized audio settings (enabling passthrough) that was preventing it from working.