Kodi Community Forum
Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 (/showthread.php?tid=238524)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - leo228 - 2015-11-25

ok made an old windows laptop into mac with os x 10.9 installd i have visual studio but only on windows pc i attached apple tv 4 to the mac pc with the usb -c cable but nothing shows that its connected

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - erhnam - 2015-11-26

Question to @Memphiz or @MrMC,

Does the transaction take place on the Apple TV machine itself? Plex also released a client for the Apple TV, but you need powerful, separate, hardware to transcode before sending it over to the Apple TV. How does MrMC or Kodi handle this? Is the new Apple TV powerful enough to transcode itself?

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - matthijst - 2015-11-26

New ATV is plenty Powerful.
Plex seems like a 90's tool that they're still holding on to.
Who needs transcoding nowadays....

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - MrMC - 2015-11-26

(2015-11-26, 15:48)erhnam Wrote: Question to @Memphiz or @MrMC,

Does the transaction take place on the Apple TV machine itself? Plex also released a client for the Apple TV, but you need powerful, separate, hardware to transcode before sending it over to the Apple TV. How does MrMC or Kodi handle this? Is the new Apple TV powerful enough to transcode itself?

No transcode required. Video decoding is Native.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - norickabe28 - 2015-11-26

(2015-11-26, 15:48)erhnam Wrote: Question to @Memphiz or @MrMC,

(2015-11-26, 15:50)matthijst Wrote: New ATV is plenty Powerful.
Plex seems like a 90's tool that they're still holding on to.
Who needs transcoding nowadays....

Plex doesn't need always transcode. I have direct play without issues.

Regarding who needs transcoding, I find this option quite good for example when I'm in a hotel and I need to adapt the quality to the bandwidth. It makes all I need in a fancy way.

What makes a no sense in Plex is that it needs to transcode if you are using subtitles. As far as I know, the team is working on it.

In addition, Infuse is going to be released soon too. It needs to be taken in consideration.

I don't expect any boom until full Kodi can be sideloaded honestly, being Plex a really solid option nowadays for me. It all depends on your needs.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - matthijst - 2015-11-26

Infuse needs a list view and the option to delete files Smile
MrMC is perfect for my (and probably most people's) needs: it streams all my content from a Nas.
Clean interface.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - norickabe28 - 2015-11-26

For most people, the only issue with Infuse is going to be the price tag.

MrMC for sure is going to be a success. I am really interested in try it.

But honestly, I am right now really satisfied with Plex and it's going to be difficult to replace it.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - kdorff - 2015-11-27

(2015-11-26, 17:05)norickabe28 Wrote: For most people, the only issue with Infuse is going to be the price tag.

MrMC for sure is going to be a success. I am really interested in try it.

I think it is great that we might have some good competition in this space on ATV4. But you say the problem for most will be the price tag. How much is Infuse, $10? What is that? Two trips Starbucks? One movie ticket? Half the price of a bargain bin game at Gamespot? I would think Infuse would give you immensely more entertainment for your $10.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - norickabe28 - 2015-11-27

Totally agree with you. I have bought the Pro version months ago for my iPhone but just be honest, between an application really well done like Infuse Pro and any other that simply "does the job" most of the people is going to choose the last one.

With this I don't want to say that it should be free or the price is high. I don't think so.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - kdorff - 2015-11-27

Plex "Does the job" and when I see it transcoding, I start thinking it's worth every I paid for it and go back to Kodi running on my FireTV.

It will be interesting to see which app is more feature rich, more capable, more reliable, and better supported over time. I'm grateful for competition because I've yet to find anything that I thought was even remotely good as Kodi (the base for MrMC).

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Audionymous - 2015-11-27

Where can i download the MrMC App or the Xcode Project?

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Memphiz - 2015-11-27

What makes you think that you can do anything of that (well you can't).

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Audionymous - 2015-11-27

Is it not out? A beta or something?
Sorry my fault.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Memphiz - 2015-11-27

Maybe we should officially transfer all the MrMC related stuff over to the correct forum. Not sure how to moderate this thread tbh. Up to MrMC of course but i feel that most of the discussion in here doesn't fit the topic anymore.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - MrMC - 2015-11-27

It does not anymore Smile MrMC's forums are up and ready for plummeting.