Kodi Community Forum
Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 (/showthread.php?tid=238524)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - wrxtasy - 2015-12-11

(2015-12-11, 18:01)zag Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 16:49)beemarp Wrote: I just wonder how much more work would need to go into it? More than what MrMC has already done? Maybe there is a lot more to it, I'm not a programmer so forgive my ignorance Undecided. I just think the ATV Kodi community should be concentrated on sideloading only. Who cares what Apple approves?

Although MrMC is opensource, its also a paid for app on the app store.

I'm just guessing, but the former team members who set it up are hoping to make a business out of it. I believe its also possible to side-load it for free if you are that way technically inclined.

Some fixes have already made it back into Kodi mainline, so this isn't such a bad thing at all Wink
Yes if you knew the contribution MrMC + co. has put into the Kodi project codebase over the years on a number of different platforms now, they deserve all the success that is coming too them. That it is Open source is fantastic for the Kodi community as everyone feeds code and bounces ideas off one another. Smile

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - beemarp - 2015-12-11

I just hope a dev will soon find the time & have an opportunity to gift us with the ability to side load the full Kodi experienceWink

When I see a pay model, it just doesn't feel right. XBMC/KODI has always been free. Yes, I know MrMC is it's own entity, but still.

EDIT: And I mean no disrespect. I will most likely still end up buying the app when I get my new Apple TV. I have to wait until Christmas first Undecided

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - bauki - 2015-12-12

Hi!
I install MrMC on Apple Tv 4, but i have problem to playback movies over local network. I add a path to my movie database on MAC, i can see the list in video library but when i choose the movie, the movie want play. in few seconds appear message "one ore more items failed to play "
if somebody can Help with this issue, i appreciate...

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - wgstarks - 2015-12-12

(2015-12-12, 17:31)bauki Wrote: Hi!
I install MrMC on Apple Tv 4, but i have problem to playback movies over local network. I add a path to my movie database on MAC, i can see the list in video library but when i choose the movie, the movie want play. in few seconds appear message "one ore more items failed to play "
if somebody can Help with this issue, i appreciate...

It has been requested several times that questions about MrMC and support requests should be posted on the MrMC forums- http://forum.mrmc.tv.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - VonMagnum - 2015-12-13

(2015-12-09, 21:20)MrMC Wrote: Our tests show different Smile

Does that mean there is a way to passthrough DTS-HD MA on OS X as well or is this something just limited to the new ATV?

Will the new ATV output at 44.1kHz (i.e. DTS Music CDs) or is it locked to 48kHz like FireTV and the previous ATV2/3?

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - IhuckleberryI - 2015-12-14

(2015-12-11, 10:04)Valkyrie743 Wrote: i should make a thread and do a poll asking how many people use add on's and how many JUST use it to stream content from their local nas or attached storage device.

TBH, the add on thing is nice for some things but 90% of it i believe is used just to stream illegal content (movies, tv shows ) for free. who knows. im one of the people that rarely ever uses add on's. a while back i used to use a youtube add on when i had a home built HTPC but now, i use a amazon fire tv, so i just use the youtube app.

I've been thinking that, there should be two KODI verisons. i know that sounds kinda silly for many. there should be one like mrmc (call it kodi lite) and use that for device partners to pre-install on the set top boxes. im pretty sure no big name brand will want to include software that allows users to add sketchy repositories that give out illegal content.

idk, its 3am right now where i am. but i thought, this would be a good idea. instead of having to rely on forks, the main kodi group could release 2 versions. being that kodi is open source, people can still build forks as they please, but being there would be a "lite" version made and maintained, we dont have to worry about say one dev or group to keep pushing updates to it when the main one will always be maintained.

how do you distinguish between streaming sites and using torrents,newsgroups,storage sites that are dl'ed on to a pc. Then accessed for local playback. I don't think you can?

I think davilla did the best he could to stay within apples rules and good job to him and the dev's involved. I notice programs menu is missing too along with addons. No accessing licensed apple apps from within Mr.Mc. I guess due to comply with 10.4 of apple store rules.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - MrMC - 2015-12-14

Accessing licensed apple apps from within tvOS is very new. There is a way to launch via custom URLs but no way to probe what custom URL are present.

So the programs menu was hidden because it would be rather empty right now Smile

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - virgahyatt - 2015-12-16

(2015-12-11, 10:04)Valkyrie743 Wrote: TBH, the add on thing is nice for some things but 90% of it i believe is used just to stream illegal content (movies, tv shows ) for free. who knows. im one of the people that rarely ever uses add on's. a while back i used to use a youtube add on when i had a home built HTPC but now, i use a amazon fire tv, so i just use the youtube app.

One thing I like to do is use the Trakt plugin to essentially keep a backup of my watch history. So that if I have to rebuild my library I can easily recover that data.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - fluxcapacitor - 2015-12-17

(2015-12-14, 03:28)MrMC Wrote: .

Tried to sign up to your own website forum but getting 'The entered email domain has no valid MX record.'

Also, haven't seen anyone answer this yet, but does MrMC on the ATV4 support being a DLNA target? e.g. can I run allcast on my android phone and send photo/video to MrMC?

Or use the PlayTo function on windows?

On youtube i've seen that it has the 'services' menu but didn't see what was in there .

Thanks!

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - titi91 - 2015-12-19

Hi team,
I just download MrMc on the Apple TV 4 store and paid a small amount of 5.99 Euros for this great media center !
It works but there are some issues, listed below. does anyone can help fix them ? Thanks in advance.
- Cannot launch a music mp3 file, MrMc does not play any file from my MUSIC library.
- All VIDEO (films) audio format are showing a 5.1 audio file type even when the audio file is really DTS (it does not play DTS even with the passthrough option activated).
- Movie trailers cannot be played. When clicking on a video, then on movie trailer, it goes back to main menu.

Indeed, I am happy as MrMc on Apple TV4 launched successfully all MKV files with a great video quality.
Just wonder if above issues could be solved.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
PS : I am living in France with all parameters set up to French.
Kind regards.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Steverae - 2015-12-20

(2015-12-19, 23:45)titi91 Wrote: Hi team,
I just download MrMc on the Apple TV 4 store and paid a small amount of 5.99 Euros for this great media center !
It works but there are some issues, listed below. does anyone can help fix them ? Thanks in advance.
- Cannot launch a music mp3 file, MrMc does not play any file from my MUSIC library.
- All VIDEO (films) audio format are showing a 5.1 audio file type even when the audio file is really DTS (it does not play DTS even with the passthrough option activated).
- Movie trailers cannot be played. When clicking on a video, then on movie trailer, it goes back to main menu.

Indeed, I am happy as MrMc on Apple TV4 launched successfully all MKV files with a great video quality.
Just wonder if above issues could be solved.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
PS : I am living in France with all parameters set up to French.
Kind regards.

For all MrMc related issues, please contact the developer site mrmc.tv/forum

This thread is for updates to the main Kodi app and any progress towards ATV4 release.

Thanks

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - ckugo - 2015-12-21

Just wondering if there has been any progress on the port? Not asking for eta or any specific info. Just seems like it has gone quiet since lately.

Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Memphiz - 2015-12-21

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238524&pid=2174212#pid2174212

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Memphiz - 2015-12-22

first post updated

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - wgstarks - 2015-12-22

(2015-12-22, 20:09)Memphiz Wrote: first post updated

Memphiz, YOU ROCK
Glad you decided to work on this.