Kodi Community Forum
Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 (/showthread.php?tid=238524)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - sqig - 2015-12-24

Great work Memphis.
Happy Christmas.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - phiggles - 2015-12-24

Hi all,
Just like many of you i have been waiting to see the signs of a fully fledged koi on atv 4. I have previously installed Auntie player and TVos Browser via Xcode without to much issue.

Ian struggling with the kodi deb. I have read many walk throughs that say, download the deb, use an iOS singer, select the device from the window menu, click + and then install the file - all i keep getting is "The executable was signed with invalid entitlements".

The way Auntie Player was installed was using the github address and letting Xcode compile it all- i had no problem.

If someone could help me, guide, walk through of where I might be going wrong it would be very much appreciated and i am fully aware that this is and alpha version of the software, just want to give it a spin.

Thank you Guys / Girls

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - wgstarks - 2015-12-24

(2015-12-24, 15:37)phiggles Wrote: Hi all,
Just like many of you i have been waiting to see the signs of a fully fledged koi on atv 4. I have previously installed Auntie player and TVos Browser via Xcode without to much issue.

Ian struggling with the kodi deb. I have read many walk throughs that say, download the deb, use an iOS singer, select the device from the window menu, click + and then install the file - all i keep getting is "The executable was signed with invalid entitlements".

The way Auntie Player was installed was using the github address and letting Xcode compile it all- i had no problem.

If someone could help me, guide, walk through of where I might be going wrong it would be very much appreciated and i am fully aware that this is and alpha version of the software, just want to give it a spin.

Thank you Guys / Girls

(2015-12-24, 09:49)keith Wrote: As stated, no support. This is 100% kodi, if you can figure it out, great, but until Memphiz says otherwise, there is no support.

This is not an alpha build.

Edit: There is a support thread for the app signer- 245978 (thread).

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Platypus2 - 2015-12-24

Thank you Memphiz!

All seems to be working very well, looking forward to see what 2016 brings Smile

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - runnerr - 2015-12-24

I was finally able to build using confluence as the default skin, by making a change to the settings.cpp file:

#if defined(HAS_TOUCH_SKIN) && defined(TARGET_DARWIN_IOS)
((CSettingAddon*)m_settingsManager->GetSetting(CSettings::SETTING_LOOKANDFEEL_SKIN))->SetDefault("skin.confluence");
#endif

I have found some errors with some plugins... I will report back specific errors (I think they are mostly related to Video Player change that occurred, but I will report none the less for confirmation)

Also, the image looks fine (unlike previous posts), but the image seems very bright, the blacks aren't as black, there bright. I think it may be due to the new player; I do recall similar issues in previous builds and they eventually fixed it.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - MrMC - 2015-12-24

and so it begins Smile

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - wgstarks - 2015-12-24

(2015-12-24, 18:06)miko1991 Wrote: Hey Everybody,
Someone can send me a guide for movies in apple tv 4 mrmc?

i want to watch movies like Popcorn, NOT HOME STREAMING.

thank you.

You should read the OP. The part in big red letters at the bottom.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - plympton - 2015-12-24

Is ther any way to transfer a settings folder from another Kodi installation? I have a fire tv and would like to eventually convert to apple TV for native airplay support (better than the android hacks and alternatives)

Would it have to be compiled into the deb? Is it just impossible since we can't connect to the apple tv filesystem? I did it with an ipad by dragging the folder over in itunes.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Steverae - 2015-12-24

Thank you Memphiz this is a great xmas present to all.

Just unboxed my Apple tv4,updated to 9.1 and side loaded this on with no issues at all, everything works a treat, all my plugins work flawlessly and i've even managed to get my customised quartz skin up and running. It's great christmas present

Thank you all who have helped to bring this to the best media streaming box around. May the apple TV now rise back to where it belongs Smile

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - keith - 2015-12-24

(2015-12-24, 19:08)plympton Wrote: Is ther any way to transfer a settings folder from another Kodi installation? I have a fire tv and would like to eventually convert to apple TV for native airplay support (better than the android hacks and alternatives)

Please open up a new thread to ask generic support questions like this. It'd be the same on non jailbroken ipad/iphone/etc.

Don't open up new threads to ask support questions specific to this build however. Those will be deleted.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - GhostRaider - 2015-12-24

What prevents Kodi from being in the App Store? It's a great multimedia center app that can help increase hardware sales.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - MrMC - 2015-12-24

python, addons, repos, the list is quite long.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - chrisjohnson83 - 2015-12-24

Any chance of getting an earlier build like 15 or 16?

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - freddy12 - 2015-12-24

(2015-12-24, 21:34)chrisjohnson83 Wrote: Any chance of getting an earlier build like 15 or 16?

No, by the time this actually gets into a stable release 17 will be the latest release

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - neg0shEAte - 2015-12-24

(2015-12-24, 15:37)phiggles Wrote: Hi all,

Thank you Guys / Girls
App display name should should left blank in IOS app singer had the same issue when i give it a name