Kodi Community Forum
Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 (/showthread.php?tid=238524)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - DanTheMan827 - 2015-12-27

(2015-12-26, 16:21)sasagr Wrote: If interested I want to report this issue.
During Video Playback, if I press the siri remote play/pause button it kicks me out of Kodi, instead of pausing the video (at least this is hat I m expecting)

Besides in the last MrMC update, developer improved siri remote control, it could be great to have the same here.

I personally like how the remote acts currently... (slide and hold to scroll vs. hold and slide to scroll...)

I say though, if it gets changed at least let it be an option...

Of course, the best option (in my opinion) would just be to implement kinetic scrolling like in tvOS...

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - iAYMANi - 2015-12-27

(2015-12-26, 16:21)sasagr Wrote: If interested I want to report this issue.
During Video Playback, if I press the siri remote play/pause button it kicks me out of Kodi, instead of pausing the video (at least this is hat I m expecting)

Besides in the last MrMC update, developer improved siri remote control, it could be great to have the same here.

i have the same issue Nod

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - ngeorgieff - 2015-12-27

Same here

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Troyp42 - 2015-12-27

I just went out and brought myself an atv4 and installed Kodi onto it. And that's where the fun began. The remote is an absolute nightmare to try and navigate around Kodi. Am I doing something wrong here?

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - DanTheMan827 - 2015-12-27

(2015-12-27, 09:05)Troyp42 Wrote: I just went out and brought myself an atv4 and installed Kodi onto it. And that's where the fun began. The remote is an absolute nightmare to try and navigate around Kodi. Am I doing something wrong here?

You scroll by gesturing in a direction and holding at the end

Menu goes back

Pushing on the pad selects, holding is the context menu

When playing a video pushing on the trackpad brings up the playback controls

The play/pause button on the remote is currently broken

Alpha builds, fun aren't they!

In all honesty though... The remote works pretty well given the amount of buttons available...

So is it swipe left and click or just swipe left and hold without clicking? I played around for ages and kept skipping me us etc. in the end I mapped my TV remote to get to settings and then set that up to use my iPhone remote. I suppose it just takes time getting used to it.
BTW thanks Danthe man for telling me in the other thread that I couldn't side load Kodi on an ATV3 and so I went out and spent $262 on an ATV4...lol. Well worth it though.

Ah ha. It's swipe and hold. I was swiping and clicking. That's much easier, thanks heaps for the tip.
One other question is that I keep getting the first run help saying there's a menu off to the side. I click ok but it appears next time.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - runnerr - 2015-12-27

+1 on the play/pause button not working

I also figured out my washed out video problem. I set HDMI Output in the Apple TV settings to RGB low and the image is now 10/10!

Some issues related to scanning media via SAMBA, but only TV Shows.. I will look at logs when I get a chance.. Also still experiencing this issue with PVR Stalker:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=248082

Features I'd like to see ( I may try to work on some of these):
- better remote integration ( with SIRI if possible, up / down swipe to change channels for tv , variable speed scrolling with faster swipes)
- integrate movie library into Apple TV movies / tv shows , so that you can go direct to movie / tv show library in Kodi

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - ATVwaffles - 2015-12-27

so excited! this inspired me to pick up a 2nd appletv4

Can you OTA Kodi updates or have to side load an IPA every time there's a new nightly?
if the latter, do I just hit something like minus sign on Xcode to remove from window> devices, then re-add?
Please advise, thanks!

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Drigga - 2015-12-27

Great job and keep going.
I've donated

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - xnagra - 2015-12-27

Where r the latest builds being posted

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - wgstarks - 2015-12-27

(2015-12-27, 16:42)xnagra Wrote: Where r the latest builds being posted

You should read the OP.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - sasagr - 2015-12-27

(2015-12-27, 13:57)ATVwaffles Wrote: so excited! this inspired me to pick up a 2nd appletv4

Can you OTA Kodi updates or have to side load an IPA every time there's a new nightly?
if the latter, do I just hit something like minus sign on Xcode to remove from window> devices, then re-add?
Please advise, thanks!

if you use Xcode, you do not have to hit the minus button, on the contrary hit the plus button and if you are keeping the same bundle identifier (it does it by default) it will just update your existing version and keep all the data (settings, add ons,..)

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - klaasvs31 - 2015-12-27

Just side loaded Kodi on my Apple TV, NFS is working great by the way!

When starting a movie from the Kodi Remote on my iPhone (from the list in the Remote app) , the app crashes, but this also happens in MrMC..
In the new unreleased version of MrMC this should be solved (according to the devs), so I assume this fix will also be incorporated in a new Kodi release for the atv4..

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Drigga - 2015-12-27

Does somebody know if ithere's a way to install addons from zip?

I'm watching (legal) IPTV through an addon but this addon is unfortunately not in a repo.