Kodi Community Forum
Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: iOS & tvOS (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=137)
+---- Thread: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 (/showthread.php?tid=238524)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - activate - 2015-12-29

Wow this is an awfully good alpha. I've DVDs working as well as other repos/add ons (legitimate) running very reliably. Network processes both in file manager as well as smb is working great. I think I will pair a dedicated remote for Kodi Thanks guys!

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - sunshinefires - 2015-12-29

Big fan of Kodi! Does DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD passthrough work on the Apple TV version?

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - wiesd - 2015-12-29

done evrything by the bool, but when i added addon, i always get the "cant load settings" eror meseege, or the kodi is busy and not starting any movie or file.
any ideas what should i do?

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Drigga - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-29, 04:32)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 00:59)Drigga Wrote: I have the "failed to start commoncache" Message. Not really a big bug, just noticed this annoying Message.

Sorry if thats a noobish report. Unfortunately I'm not a Pro.

My log is under:
http://xbmclogs.com/pbrbwmme6
fyi no one will care about commoncache problem cause it had issues since long time. Search and you'll feel no out.
Second remove that superrepo stuff cause it absolutely not supported here. Any issue I see where you will have that installed will be moved to the trash.

First: I´m new to that and i just wanted to help. Relax and keep calm!
Second: Nott all add-ons in the Superrepo are illegal. I got my Plugin for my LEGAL IPTV provider from there!

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - DarrenHill - 2015-12-29

It's a source of banned add-ons (wiki) so is itself banned. The fact there are legit add-ons also in it is irrelevant.

If you want help here get rid of it, as Martijn said any help request with banned stuff installed gets binned, even if that's not what the request is about. Those are the forum rules (wiki).

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Drigga - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-29, 11:58)DarrenHill Wrote: It's a source of banned add-ons (wiki) so is itself banned. The fact there are legit add-ons also in it is irrelevant.

If you want help here get rid of it, as Martijn said any help request with banned stuff installed gets binned, even if that's not what the request is about. Those are the forum rules (wiki).

I didn't ask for any help for an addon from a banned repo, so calm down guys and start to read more careful.
I just reported the commoncache bug - not more, not less. And this bug was obviosly caused by DBMC (Dropbox) addon, which is in the official Kodi Repo.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - noggin - 2015-12-29

Just a quick note to say thanks to Memphiz for doing this, and thanks to others for posting guides. I followed the guide here : http://www.idownloadblog.com/2015/12/24/how-install-kodi-new-apple-tv-4/ and it worked first time.

Very impressed. For me the main reason to do this was to get the SVT Play add-on to work - which allows Kodi access to the SVT Play TV Catch-up service (and won't work in MrMC because it doesn't, understandably, support Python plugins). There is a very good tvOS native app for SVT Play on the ATV4, but unlike the Kodi add-on, it doesn't offer the live streams for the main SVT channels, but the Kodi add-on does.

Few observations and hints :

1. The Kodi iOS remote apps works brilliantly with Kodi on ATV4 (as you'd hope - but it's great that it does)
2. If you are watching European (not sure about US) interlaced content (such as DVD ISOs) then you need to switch to Bob-Inverted as your deinterlacing preference (otherwise you get reverse field dominance and horrible jerkiness as fields are deinterlaced to frames in the wrong order)
3. I have a 16-235 amp and TV set-up, and it appears, to me, that I have set-up (i.e. grey) black levels (as if 16-235->0-255 conversion is being done once too often in Kodi and/or tvOS)
4. Dolby bitstreaming is working.
5. 720/50p off-air TV recordings (peaking at around 13Mbs) are working well. Bit of buffering to begin with - but sold when they start playing.

Impressive.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - winestock - 2015-12-29

I want to give a big thanks to Memphiz for putting together the build for the Apple TV 4. This has been what I have been waiting to use. Today I packed up my Mac-Mini which previously served as the video player running Kodi.

I have been using the latest Apple TV 4 build (kodi-20151223-c1b743e-xmas-tvos.deb). I get the "failed to start commoncache" error as well. The only add-ons I have installed are the Transparency skin and Open Weather Map. Now this "failed to start commoncache" happens if I exit Kodi to have it do a clean restart. Makes no difference whether I use the Confluence or the Transparency skin.

Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Memphiz - 2015-12-29

Common Cache is a Known issue with 64Bit devices and/or non-jailbroken devices and is not dedicated to appletv4 but Happens on ios devices aswell - simply deactivate that service addon for now.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - winestock - 2015-12-29

(2015-12-29, 18:04)Memphiz Wrote: Common Cache is a Known issue with 64Bit devices and/or non-jailbroken devices and is not dedicated to appletv4 but Happens on ios devices aswell - simply deactivate that service addon for now.

Thanks for the heads up. Apparently the artwork downloader requires the common cache plug-in. So, the best I could do was not to have it automatically started when Kodi starts up. Seem to solve the issue for the moment.

Again, thank you for providing the Apple TV 4 build.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Martijn - 2015-12-30

(2015-12-29, 11:37)Drigga Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 04:32)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-12-29, 00:59)Drigga Wrote: I have the "failed to start commoncache" Message. Not really a big bug, just noticed this annoying Message.

Sorry if thats a noobish report. Unfortunately I'm not a Pro.

My log is under:
http://xbmclogs.com/pbrbwmme6
fyi no one will care about commoncache problem cause it had issues since long time. Search and you'll feel no out.
Second remove that superrepo stuff cause it absolutely not supported here. Any issue I see where you will have that installed will be moved to the trash.

First: I´m new to that and i just wanted to help. Relax and keep calm!
Second: Nott all add-ons in the Superrepo are illegal. I got my Plugin for my LEGAL IPTV provider from there!
I don't care if it has legal stuff or not. It's a bucket full of crap and is on our blacklist for a very good reason.

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Furby8704 - 2015-12-30

samba appears to be broken on mine.
keep getting error 2 share not available when i select it
it just me?? ill go with the dropbox route for now

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - activate - 2015-12-30

(2015-12-30, 01:38)Furby8704 Wrote: samba appears to be broken on mine.
keep getting error 2 share not available when i select it
it just me?? ill go with the dropbox route for now
Whats your server ?

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Troyp42 - 2015-12-30

Why did my post get deleted? What did I say wrong?

RE: Kodi on the new AppleTV4 - Furby8704 - 2015-12-30

(2015-12-30, 01:39)activate Wrote: Whats your server ?

unraid. samba. 192.168.1.105

when trying to add source
wont even let me browse the workgroup