Kodi Community Forum
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) (/showthread.php?tid=238923)

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - noggin - 2016-02-22

(2016-02-22, 15:14)Latinbull Wrote: Seems my post will be for 1500 posts at this thread Smile

Tested through weekend latest OTA for core and seems working perfect with this new feature boot menu Core become even easier to use and to switch from my favourite openelec to android which i use for netflix playback

Noggin did you try openelec on core with tvheadend addon, as i have openelec box from wetek and i am using it as tvheadend server, it works fine in combination with OE on Core

No - so far just tried it with the Android Kodi build, as I wanted to test HD Audio (which I don't get with OpenElec). OpenElec is OK with my remote TV Headend server. Will check whether my DVB-T2 tuners now work with the OE build (I can't remember if I tested them or not!) for the Core. (They used not to because they required drivers that were in a newer kernel)

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - ChristianTroy - 2016-02-22

@noggin
try setting 250ms positive audio delay, it's that legacy Amlogic delay that has been removed in Isengard but that, sometimes, for some unknown reasons, is required

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - g0ran - 2016-02-22

(2016-02-22, 07:20)wrxtasy Wrote: I've been testing some HDMI CEC control work that has been completed by the OE developer gdachs over the last week.
The Pulse8 libCEC driver has been re-written for the WeTek Play and the Core and there have been AML Kernel patches as well for those devices, so you can access HDMI CEC functions to control AVR volume using a TV remote for example.

The Menu > Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter
Now reappears in OE / Kodi, for CEC Adapter configuration as well.

A test .tar update of OE / Kodi Jarvis 16.0 Final can be downloaded from HERE

Nice work gdachs Smile

Tried your release and everything work fine but now wetek remote (original) power button doesn't work in OE. Tried do disable CEC Adapter - same story.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - wrxtasy - 2016-02-22

I noticed the same. I bet it has been remapped with the recent dual boot new Firmware, as that uses the Power Button to switch.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - nigo - 2016-02-22

Sorry if I have missed it among the >1500 posts... Can the wetek core be used for DVB-T2? Obviously there's no antenna input as on the wetek play, but can you add a USB tuner? I guess I'm looking for the perfect combo: DVB-T receiver+recorder, kodi, Netflix+HBO, YouTube and similar streaming services.

It seems like the wetek play can do the dvb-t stuff, but not Netflix and its opposite on the core version:-(

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - droidelec - 2016-02-22

@nigo

There is TVHeadend helper Android app which install tvheadend on Android and download right drivers and firmware for DVB USB sticks. More about application You can read at http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/22255/app-tvheadend-helper-use-a-usb-tuner-on-your-wetek-core#latest

@noggin

You can as well test it with your USB DVB-T/T2 stick, tvheadend under Android.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - Boydford - 2016-02-22

Would this build poptentially also work for minix u1? They have a great product with poor software. Annoying that I've paid over 100 pounds for something that is not capable of doing what it was advertised to do.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - droidelec - 2016-02-23

Please do not flash Core firmware at any other device because most likely you will kill it. Further more device you mentioned in your post is using S905 version of AMLogic SoC while WeTek Core is running on AMLogic S812-H.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - danjames92 - 2016-02-23

(2016-02-22, 21:53)Boydford Wrote: Would this build poptentially also work for minix u1? They have a great product with poor software. Annoying that I've paid over 100 pounds for something that is not capable of doing what it was advertised to do.

Live and learn. Research decent manufacturers before making a purchase decision.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - Boydford - 2016-02-23

(2016-02-23, 14:51)danjames92 Wrote:
(2016-02-22, 21:53)Boydford Wrote: Would this build poptentially also work for minix u1? They have a great product with poor software. Annoying that I've paid over 100 pounds for something that is not capable of doing what it was advertised to do.

Live and learn. Research decent manufacturers before making a purchase decision.

Thanks for that, very informative. Please pass on any other smug opinions you may have. I was simply asking about the validity of software progression that the wetek guys have for amlogic devices.

Besides, MINIX are considered to be a fairly solid brand not just some generic android rubbish.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - BORIStheBLADE - 2016-02-23

So its been like two months since this box has been sold out on their site right? Any word when the next batch of 20 will be available?

Sort of reminds me of the Syabas days..

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - droidelec - 2016-02-23

Hi BORIStheBLADE,

WeTek Core should be available within 2 weeks.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - movie78 - 2016-02-23

(2016-02-21, 01:31)droidelec Wrote: @hdmkv

Many thanks for detailed test of new build and test report. We are focused now on new decoder for AMLogic based devices, and yes, we start some tests regarding possible solutions for 3D frame packed playback at MX/S8xx/S9xx.

@lukcinek

We are happy to see that everything is fine at your side Smile

Any luck with 3D Frame Packed on the WeTek Core or the S905 Amlogic?

Thanks!

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - BORIStheBLADE - 2016-02-23

(2016-02-23, 16:13)droidelec Wrote: Hi BORIStheBLADE,

WeTek Core should be available within 2 weeks.
Thank you. I hope there is a good amount available. Im not around a computer at work.

Sure, no worry.