Kodi Community Forum
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) (/showthread.php?tid=238923)

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - Shaitan00 - 2016-03-20

Can someone offer a comparison of the current WeTek CORE to the newly announced HUB? I know newer is always better but the price of the CORE is currently more expensive then the predicted price of the HUB - why? I was planning to buy the CORE in the next few days (if it comes out) but this has me second guessing.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - Juno - 2016-03-20

(2016-02-29, 17:11)ChristianTroy Wrote: As a bonus this rom also includes "amvideocap" (untested) and a "Simulated Wi-Fi" option (accessible in network settings) that will fake WiFi connectivity. I don't suggest to keep it on all the time but just turn it on if an app bothers you and works properly only under WiFi.

https://mega.nz/#!QkpT1ASb!f3cG8Vmd3cDqr2GgvATWGH-jB4TjjgO9uNvCcVmGA0o

Some feedback is welcome, for me works good, for wrxtasy and my colleagues at the office also but I'd rather try it on a bigger scale before going public with it

Hi ChristianTroy

I have lates version Android on my Core. I have questions about this OTA release from Ur link. I just ask to understand. Smile
1. Is it version with Netflix 2.5 "on board"?
2. This fake WiFi allow me to run HBO Go on wire? Smile
3. Should i unpack this zip to SD or keep zipped?
4. Wetekcore-interactive_governor is in latest OTA or in release from link?

Regards. Smile
Junoxe

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - hugh a - 2016-03-21

deleted post

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - wrxtasy - 2016-03-21

Well thats good news, glad its all finally sorted out. Smile

@Hugh a, you were not the first and will not be the last to corrupt the HDCP Keys required by Netflix for HD video. There were a bunch of beta testers that bricked Core's testing out u-boot and reflashing Firmware before the Core even went on sale. I have one sitting here.

As a general warning, the Core is not some cheap Asian Android development device where you grab Firmware from some unknown source, like Freaktab and flash it into NAND memory. Its a sure fire way to corrupt the HDCP keys and kill the device.

I should put this as a BIG warning on Page #1.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - droidelec - 2016-03-21

From today all owners of WeTek Core can enjoy in official OpenELEC 7.0 Beta 1 build.

@Hugh a

Happy to hear that our colleagues from Support expressly fixed all your issues. At WeTek support is one of the most important things.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - grossbard - 2016-03-21

I have a core on order. Few questions.

1. Are there still plans to implement multichannel PCM in OpenELEC?

2. Is there a way to toggle full/limited range hdmi with this device?

Thanks

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - codesnake - 2016-03-21

@grossbard It is not completely clear for me what you mean about toggling full/limited range HDMI, please explain in more details.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - grossbard - 2016-03-21

I mean can you adjust the color levels between RGB PC (0-255) and RGB TV (16-235) to achieve proper black and white levels on a monitor.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - wesk05 - 2016-03-22

(2016-03-21, 21:30)grossbard Wrote: 2. Is there a way to toggle full/limited range hdmi with this device?
Thanks
Amlogic SoCs output YCbCr. So, Limited/Full doesn't apply to the Core unless it has been changed to RGB output with the latest V4L2 decoder.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - noggin - 2016-03-22

(2016-03-21, 23:16)grossbard Wrote: I mean can you adjust the color levels between RGB PC (0-255) and RGB TV (16-235) to achieve proper black and white levels on a monitor.

No - because (like most consumer HDMI devices) it outputs YCbCr rather than RGB, and YCbCr is pretty universally 16-235 (or the 10 bit equivalent 64-940) The ODroid C1/C1+ and C2 are the same ISTR.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - grossbard - 2016-03-22

That's kind of a bummer. My TV's HDMI inputs can either be set to full or limited range. The HDMI input that my AVR is connected to is set to full, because my PC and PS4 are connected to it. I prefer the PC to out put a full range RGB picture. I guess I could use a splittler wit the Core and run one HDMI cable to a limited range input on the TV and another HDMI cable to the AVR for audio.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - HomerJau - 2016-03-22

Could someone please confirm the differences between:

Installing Kodi on a WETEK Core running Android
Installing Kodi on a WETEK Core with OpenELEC

I assume I'd loose Netflix if I go with OE?

Is there a comparison anywhere? Feature vs Feature etc?

I've got an OE Intel NUC. Looking for a second box for another room, share my audio/video library on a NAS.

Thanks

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - ssh_reconnect - 2016-03-22

(2016-03-22, 08:36)HomerJau Wrote: Could someone please confirm the differences between:

Installing Kodi on a WETEK Core running Android
Installing Kodi on a WETEK Core with OpenELEC

I assume I'd loose Netflix if I go with OE?

If there a comparison anywhere? Feature vs Feature etc?

I've got an OE Intel NUC. Looking for a second box for another room, share my audio/video library on a NAS.

Thanks

You now can dual boot Android or OE from the SD card.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - wrxtasy - 2016-03-22

You will loose HD Audio Passthrough and HD Audio decoded to Multichannel PCM if you use OpenELEC. 5.1 DD/DTS passthrough only in OE.
Plus you loose all the Android Apps of course.

OpenELEC is slightly more fluid than Kodi on Android and you get to connect more usb peripherals than you would when using Android Lollipop, due to Android OS limitations.
Also some music Visualizers and Screensavers only work in OpenELEC for some reason. Hyperion is only available in OE.

In reality you would be happy with either OS for just Kodi use, the WeTek Jarvis mediaplayer has been optimised nicely. Smile

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - HomerJau - 2016-03-22

Thanks for the feedback. I will probably try dual booting and check them both out.

For my second room it will be a stereo TV so no need for 5.1 (yet). Hopefully HD 5.1 will be supported moving forward. Did I read that Kodi 17 would solve that?