Kodi Community Forum
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC) (/showthread.php?tid=238923)

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - MicMac - 2015-12-04

Awesome news! Any word on price?
CAD
USD
EURO
Etc...

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - lstar337 - 2015-12-04

Couldn't see it at first, but its on the forum page.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - lstar337 - 2015-12-04

(2015-12-04, 15:00)MicMac Wrote: Awesome news! Any word on price?
CAD
USD
EURO
Etc...
None yet, I'm guessing the pre-orders will be the first to find out!

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - Milkado - 2015-12-04

Openelec will be ready on December 9th too?

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - wrxtasy - 2015-12-04

I've been running OpenELEC 15.2rc3 on the Core since early October. I'm sure a final compile will be done shortly.
There has been a recent update to the Android Firmware as well by CT, the WeTek dev. that has improved the GUI speed noticeably Smile

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - Sando - 2015-12-04

Nice! Wrxtasy, how stable would you say the current software is? Decent purchase even on launch day?

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - wrxtasy - 2015-12-04

Well since I started Beta testing in early October, there have been 3 or 4 Firmware updates. Each getting faster and adding more features to the custom WeTek launcher.

One update fixed a serious issue whereby the HDCP keys became corrupted, this would have caused serious problems with 1080p DRM streaming apps. This has since been fixed, a while ago now.

I just leave the Core on 24/7, it draws very little power and everything just works when I go to use it again. Seems pretty fast and stable to me, in a nicely integrated package. Smile

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - Tunaman00 - 2015-12-04

I currently have the PCH A400 and I'm very interested in the Wetek Core. Can the Core be controlled from a tablet similar to the A400 which allows the tablet to display coverart etc.? I searched around and I don't see tablet control mentioned so I am assuming it is not available but since this can run both Android or Openlec I may have missed it. Thank you in advance.

wrxtasy, do you know what power supply the Core needs?

I run my current box from the USB port on my TV so that the power is only on while the TV is on, do you think I will be able to do the same with the core?

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - mat57400 - 2015-12-04

(2015-12-04, 15:08)lstar337 Wrote:
CAD
USD
EURO
Etc...

They charged me in Euros... on the 4th of November.....

(2015-12-04, 17:14)mat57400 Wrote:
(2015-12-04, 15:08)lstar337 Wrote:
CAD
USD
EURO
Etc...

They charged me in Euros... on the 4th of November.....
Do you feel like sharing how much?

(2015-12-04, 16:10)Tunaman00 Wrote: I currently have the PCH A400 and I'm very interested in the Wetek Core. Can the Core be controlled from a tablet similar to the A400 which allows the tablet to display coverart etc.? I searched around and I don't see tablet control mentioned so I am assuming it is not available but since this can run both Android or Openlec I may have missed it. Thank you in advance.

(2015-12-04, 16:18)lstar337 Wrote: wrxtasy, do you know what power supply the Core needs?

I run my current box from the USB port on my TV so that the power is only on while the TV is on, do you think I will be able to do the same with the core?
These two questions need to be answered by a WeTek company representative with more experience with Android on WeTek devices.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - mat57400 - 2015-12-04

Well Istar, I actually purchased the "play" ( I think it's called) Thinking I was buying the Core...
When I realized my mistake I called support and talked to a nice fellow told me he will likely finalize the price.... I even bought a remote thinking again I might need one but my entire order was wrong as I was ordering the old version.... I know Wetek has about $ 150.00 Euros of mine but again for the wrong purchase so I'm waiting for support to contact me for finalizing the purchase as I might some additional stuff I just don't at this stage.
Like all of us, I'm waiting....

(2015-12-04, 17:38)mat57400 Wrote: Well Istar, I actually purchased the "play" ( I think it's called) Thinking I was buying the Core...
When I realized my mistake I called support and talked to a nice fellow told me he will likely finalize the price.... I even bought a remote thinking again I might need one but my entire order was wrong as I was ordering the old version.... I know Wetek has about $ 150.00 Euros of mine but again for the wrong purchase so I'm waiting for support to contact me for finalizing the purchase as I might some additional stuff I just don't at this stage.
Like all of us, I'm waiting....
Ah, thanks for sharing! I hope you get it all sorted and get your core.

RE: WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / Android Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K HEVC) - francovilar - 2015-12-04

Got one. Its cheaper than the play!!

Edit: the price is 119,99 EUR without the discount for early adopters. Very good price imho.