Kodi Community Forum
Android ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi) (/showthread.php?tid=239045)

RE: ZIDOO X6 - Worlon - 2015-10-14

(2015-10-14, 20:49)TRoager Wrote: The new update didnt work for me. nothing changed in my perspective and my problems. Still "ehernet" and not "ethernet". and the same problem with kodi exits after done with movie.

You have realy heavy problems. I can't understand how can you live with this awful bugs...

RE: ZIDOO X6 - Martijn - 2015-10-14

(2015-10-14, 21:09)Worlon Wrote:
(2015-10-14, 20:49)TRoager Wrote: The new update didnt work for me. nothing changed in my perspective and my problems. Still "ehernet" and not "ethernet". and the same problem with kodi exits after done with movie.

You have realy heavy problems. I can't understand how can you live with this awful bugs...

it's "these awful bugs" or this awful bug".....

English is not my motherlanguage... Sorry, not perfect, but please stop the cry!

RE: ZIDOO X6 - TRoager - 2015-10-14

Worlon,well for starters its annoying to open kodi everytime my movie ends, i tend to see more than 1 movie at the time. So yes its an awful bug. Its a bug that should be there in my opinion. But the 3D bug sure is a big problem.
Im sorry if you have other problems than i that you see like more annoying problems. But i prefer my units to run properly and then i can live without 3D right now for example. Kodi should run right out of the box.
The "ehernet" bug/misspelled in firmware was just a hint or maybe a help for others to see if they had it too, if they didnt have it, it would mean i had another firmware, so again sorry if i stepped on your toes.

"ehernet" same here, but I think, this is not a big problem. I can understand 3D is a big error, this is OK.
I will check Kodi later, now I don't have time to test it.

RE: ZIDOO X6 - movie78 - 2015-10-14

3D Frame-packing was the main attractive feature on this device,that is why most members on this forum bought it.
If 3D playback doesn't work,there are better 2D/3D SBS HOU media player option out there.

RE: ZIDOO X6 - TRoager - 2015-10-14

I understand that the 3D frame-packing are the main feature and yes Zidoo should fix. Maybe there is better media player option, but overall if they fix the problem then i think its a good device Smile
Still want kodi to work correctly but everything takes time Smile

RE: ZIDOO X6 - hdmkv - 2015-10-14

X6 plays 3D ISO at half SBS via its native player, but PQ is poor and there are macroblocking issues. If they can get 3D ISO output at full frame-packing via Kodi w/o PQ or stutter issues, that would come close to match HiMedia Q5's performance.

Next challenge is proper 23.976 w/o the side effect of audio drop-outs, which even HiMedia hasn't fully fixed yet (in fact, they've reverted to displaying 23.976 at 24.000 with last 2 firmwares). Also, if 23.976 can be properly supported w/o a new SDK from Rockchip, I'd be really impressed. Don't have faith in Rockchip based on how they (mis)handled their last chip, RK3288.

RE: ZIDOO X6 - movie78 - 2015-10-14

(2015-10-14, 22:50)hdmkv Wrote: Priority 1 This should be done by now.
X6 plays 3D ISO at half SBS via its native player, but PQ is poor and there are macroblocking issues. If they can get 3D ISO output at full frame-packing via Kodi w/o PQ or stutter issues, that would come close to match HiMedia Q5's performance.

Priority 2 They can take their time to get this properly working.
Next challenge is proper 23.976 w/o the side effect of audio drop-outs, which even HiMedia hasn't fully fixed yet (in fact, they've reverted to displaying 23.976 at 24.000 with last 2 firmwares). Also, if 23.976 can be properly supported w/o a new SDK from Rockchip, I'd be really impressed. Don't have faith in Rockchip based on how they (mis)handled their last chip, RK3288.

If all the suggested requirement by hdmkv are accomplished by Zidoo,this will be the best Android/Kodi Media player.

RE: ZIDOO X6 - funkybudda72 - 2015-10-15

(2015-10-14, 23:01)movie78 Wrote:

If all the suggested requirement by hdmkv are accomplished by Zidoo,this will be the best Android/Kodi Media player.

no, not even close. The fact the shipped something out with promoted main features that are broken is pure unacceptable. I am new to the Kodi side of things, but if this is the norm I truly feel bad and regret the decision. My other device is mede8er med600x3d, and support on forum and response time is top notch.

RE: ZIDOO X6 - hdmkv - 2015-10-15

Mede8er's support is one of the best of its kind, and they never promised anything, but steadily kept improving firmware... even until recently after Realtek adandoned 1186 chip (and maybe others too).

Wish Mede8er would support Kodi and release a new player, but I've seen no signs of this.

RE: ZIDOO X6 - John14o - 2015-10-15

(2015-10-15, 00:29)funkybudda72 Wrote:

no, not even close. The fact the shipped something out with promoted main features that are broken is pure unacceptable. I am new to the Kodi side of things, but if this is the norm I truly feel bad and regret the decision. My other device is mede8er med600x3d, and support on forum and response time is top notch.

On a side note, I have been looking into the med600x3d. What is your interest in Kodi vs the med600x3d that you already have?

RE: ZIDOO X6 - hdmkv - 2015-10-15

Sold my M8R 600X3D's ... kind of regretting the decision. But, I love Kodi and never cared for M8R's movie/TV jukebox solution.

RE: ZIDOO X6 - goujam - 2015-10-15

(2015-10-15, 00:29)funkybudda72 Wrote:

I seem to remember it took a while for mede8er to get 23.976 working after product release. But I'm not sure if that was promoted to work from the start though. Mede8er with kodi would be great though

RE: ZIDOO X6 - wesk05 - 2015-10-15

For those who are interested, here are some numbers for the Zidoo X6 Pro:

Refresh Rates
60Hz - 60.001
50Hz - 50.001
30Hz - 30.000
25Hz - 25.000
24Hz - 24.000

All the numbers are from my trusty Lumagen Radiance video processor. I will get you the numbers from QD 980B analyzer later this week. These are actually pretty good. RPi2 is the only other box that I have seen that is spot on (This is my first RockChip box).

Grayscale and Color Accuracy
These are bit values of reference test patterns read directly from a pixel in the output HDMI signal using Color Checker function of DVDO AVLab TPG 4K UHD Pattern Generator. The patterns were played in Kodi that came with the box.

The grayscale is fine, but there are some serious color errors (dE>3).

A question: Is there a native video player in this box?