Kodi Community Forum
Android ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi) (/showthread.php?tid=239045)

RE: ZIDOO X6 - Skank - 2015-10-16

(2015-10-16, 13:44)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-10-16, 11:55)Skank Wrote: Hdmkv, are you in beta test team for new firmware for zidoo?
There is a beta test team? Not aware of it. I got an e-mail from Zidoo (sales guy who sent me review unit) to download and update my review (on p.16), but link was to same v1.0.16 firmware in their forum. This doesn't fix 3D ISO playback in 3D mode in Kodi (and also at frame-packed vs. HSBS mode like external player now), and it also doesn't fix lack of 23.976. Latter maybe we can live with.

Will wait until at least 3D is fixed before I re-test and update my review and make it more complete.

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/about-firmware-beta-test-group.569/

RE: ZIDOO X6 - hdmkv - 2015-10-16

Okay, thanks, I'll request to join.

BTW, that video posted in Zidoo forum by some guy is using the Zidoo native player (not Kodi) and it plays 3D ISO's in HSBS mode, not frame-packing... verified via Epson 5025UB and BenQ W1070. Also, in my case, the PQ is poor, with pixellated break-ups and stuttering (you'll notice this in screenshots I posted earlier).

RE: ZIDOO X6 - Skank - 2015-10-16

Anyone able to test these 2:
- bdmv format plays ok?
- able to use subs downloader from within kodi?

RE: ZIDOO X6 - mirror88 - 2015-10-16

We are working on 3D framcepacking,If there is no accidenta,we'll release a beta version within a week.

RE: ZIDOO X6 - movie78 - 2015-10-16

(2015-10-16, 18:26)mirror88 Wrote: We are working on 3D framcepacking,If there is no accidenta,we'll release a beta version within a week.

Can't Wait!!!Wink

RE: ZIDOO X6 - goujam - 2015-10-16

For anyone using a harmony remote with the x6 did you adjust the power off settings as mine stays on the power off menu instead of turning off

RE: ZIDOO X6 - langostino - 2015-10-17

(2015-10-16, 18:26)mirror88 Wrote: We are working on 3D framcepacking,If there is no accidenta,we'll release a beta version within a week.

I'm waiting that beta release.

RE: ZIDOO X6 - Domengo - 2015-10-17

Tell as than about it, we are not testers....but want to now how going on.... Thanks

RE: ZIDOO X6 - Rew452 - 2015-10-18

Here is a thought folks:

Instead of being critical of Zidoo for X6 issues maybe we can help them make it better. They sure seem to be intent on making a good all around box. So let try and do it from positive perspective instead of a pessimistic one.

Then maybe we all will all get what we want!

RE: ZIDOO X6 - funkybudda72 - 2015-10-18

(2015-10-18, 03:53)Rew452 Wrote: Here is a thought folks:

Instead of being critical of Zidoo for X6 issues maybe we can help them make it better. They sure seem to be intent on making a good all around box. So let try and do it from positive perspective instead of a pessimistic one.

Then maybe we all will all get what we want!

If they advertised this box and its features as "beta only" I can agree with you, because the customers bought it "knowing" the box will have bugs.

However they did not. Would you buy a new car with certain features not working in which you've made your purchase decision on? I highly doubt it.

RE: ZIDOO X6 - Rew452 - 2015-10-18

So hammering them is the way to go?

RE: ZIDOO X6 - Mylo75 - 2015-10-18

Mirror88 from zidoo said more than once that 3d iso playback was working and that 23.976 was working.

But on release both are not working, not acceptable.

That's why I cancelled my order, I don't like being lied to.

RE: ZIDOO X6 - DenisDA - 2015-10-18

I can't set up operation of add-ons in Kodi which use Ace Stream Engine, for example, of torrent-tv, lostfilm... torrent-tv issues directly the error message, lostfilm is long twisted ожиданиеб but reproduction doesn't begin
Began to work at other box of BFS HiM8 lostfilm directly. On Zidoo X6 it is impossible

RE: ZIDOO X6 - mirror88 - 2015-10-19

Hi all
We'll release a beta version FW to the test group members after 3 hours later,and update the source code on github next week
1.Support 3D MVC framepacking
2.Optimization 23.976 in kodi.(The default status is off,please to "setting --playback --Accelerate " enable 23.976 option)
3.Eliminate the noise of audio passthrough
4. Modify the strategy of buffer area
5. The notice switch of 3D mode on TV

RE: ZIDOO X6 - Skank - 2015-10-19

Mirror88,

I have a problem with 3d iso files played as 2d in kodi --> the movie stops playing at a random point somewhere in the movie and then restarts..

This happens with normal kodi as well but not with all other mediaplayers... Himediaplayer plays it perfectly and all other too
So theres nothing wrong with the files