Kodi Community Forum
Clearity Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Clearity Skin (/showthread.php?tid=24001)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

- manturafs - 2007-02-26

marv Wrote:Hi guys,

What I also wanted to do though was to make the Videos tab on the Home Screen menu bar the default selected menu on startup. (Not start up into the Video sub-menu, just start up on the Home Screen, but with the Video tab as the selected tab, if you see what I mean!).

Any ideas on how this could be done?

Where does it go to now? Music right? you just need to open up Home.xml and go to line 73 to change this line:

Code:
<defaultbutton>4</defaultbutton>
to
Code:
<defaultbutton>5</defaultbutton>

assuming you still have the original files. that should make it land on videos any time you start up your xbox.

- marv - 2007-02-26

manturafs Wrote:Where does it go to now? Music right? you just need to open up Home.xml and go to line 73 to change this line:

Code:
<defaultbutton>4</defaultbutton>
to
Code:
<defaultbutton>5</defaultbutton>

assuming you still have the original files. that should make it land on videos any time you start up your xbox.

Thanks for the quick reply manturafs. That did work in a way, in that the default tab on startup is Videos, however, the startup tab is now not the one in the centre of the screen. It's one tab to the right (at least this is the case on the XBMC PC engine I'm testing on). Ideally I'd like the default startup tab to be Videos, and it to be in the centre as it originally was.

I'll test this a bit later on the xbox downstairs and confirm whether it's the same behaviour.

Thanks again

- wreezig - 2007-02-27

elitegamer360 Wrote:I guess you might be using a big pic, for my any pic works but after I resize it to width 645px, hight 522px.

Once again, NO, it's not the picture. It worked before with the SAME pictures. Smile
And it doesn't matter even if I try with a 64x64 picture with 10kb.

- jazzen - 2007-02-27

wreezig Wrote:Once again, NO, it's not the picture. It worked before with the SAME pictures. Smile
And it doesn't matter even if I try with a 64x64 picture with 10kb.

do a new install then!!! cuz it works nice with the newest build

- elitegamer360 - 2007-02-27

jazzen Wrote:do a new install then!!! cuz it works nice with the newest build

agreed Nod cause I'm running the latest build and never had this problem before Smile

- manturafs - 2007-02-27

marv Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply manturafs. That did work in a way, in that the default tab on startup is Videos, however, the startup tab is now not the one in the centre of the screen. It's one tab to the right (at least this is the case on the XBMC PC engine I'm testing on). Ideally I'd like the default startup tab to be Videos, and it to be in the centre as it originally was.

I'll test this a bit later on the xbox downstairs and confirm whether it's the same behaviour.

Thanks again

oh, well you can switch the order of the buttons i think in the scroller without changing the id number. i believe the order is determined by the order in the code, not the id number, BUT i could be wrong. just move the entire section for the button to the position that the skin usually lands on.

- HarshReality - 2007-02-27

Order is setermined by quardinates... look for Ypos Wink

- marv - 2007-02-28

Thanks guys, I'll try those suggestions tonight.

HarshReality Wrote:Order is setermined by quardinates... look for Ypos Wink

HarshReality - I presume you mean posy? Wink

Within Home.xml there is the following code:

Code:
    <control type="buttonscroller" id="300">
    <posx>-345</posx>
    <posy>55</posy>

Which I presume locates the menu bar on the screen. Are you suggesting that changing the posx / posy will change the order in which the menu tabs are displayed, rather than the position of the whole menu?

Cheers

- marv - 2007-02-28

Right, I got it working!

Thanks to both manturafs and HarshReality I now have the default active tab on XBMC startup as Videos.

I did it by changing <defaultbutton> within Home.xml to the same value as the button id of My Videos (by default 5). And the active menu tab is now back in the centre of the screen, by changing the menu locator <posx> left by the width of a button (200), so from -345 to -545.

Thanks a lot guys!

- M.D. - 2007-03-03

Hi, marv. I have the same need as you on the My Videos location.

I'm not good at editing xml files. I thought I figured out after reading your post. I did the changes on 2 values under <control type="buttonscroller" id="300"> in the home.xml files in Pal & Pal16x9 folders.

1. Change <posx>-345</posx> to <posx>-545</posx>;
2. Change <defaultbutton>4</defaultbutton> to <defaultbutton>5</defaultbutton>

But nothing changed on the home screen after I restart XBMC!

Please let me know what I did wrong. Thanks.

- M.D. - 2007-03-03

I'm using a 720P desktop, by the way.

- wreezig - 2007-03-03

Has the work halted on the skin? No more SVN updates...?

- jzbruno - 2007-03-03

Here are a few things that I found out about the buttonscroller when I started my skin.

Code:
<defaultbutton>3</defaultbutton>

The defaultbutton tag actually tells the buttonscroller which physical spot is default. So if you have 7 buttons and set it to 3 it will keep the focus of the buttonscroller on the 3rd slot regardless of where it is positioned. It has nothing to do with which button is actually in that slot when the skin is loaded. In Clearity for example the first button slot and half of the second are off screen because posx is set to -345.

Code:
<buttons>
    [b][color=Red]<default>5</default>[/color][/b]
    <button id="1">
</buttons>

In Clearity the part that actually controls which button is default is missing. The button section is missing the red code with the appropriate id number. I didn't find this so easy to change in Clearity because there seems to be a conflict between the id number and the label number. In mine I didn't use numbers for labels or the icon numbers so this may be it.

- jzbruno - 2007-03-03

Well just started messing around with my skin and turns out that the <default> button has no effect. I guess I just got lucky that my items lined up correctly. Sorry.

- scottapalmer - 2007-03-04

wreezig Wrote:Has the work halted on the skin? No more SVN updates...?

I have been wondering the same thing.......