Kodi Community Forum
Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: Release Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support (/showthread.php?tid=240768)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - Shawzborne - 2016-06-04

This addon looks amazing where can I download the latest zip file for kodi 16.1?

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - BatterPudding - 2016-06-04

(2016-06-04, 17:49)Shawzborne Wrote: This addon looks amazing where can I download the latest zip file for kodi 16.1?
Try the link in the first post. "Repository Download"

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - BuxtonCalvin - 2016-06-04

Sorry, I meant 16.1.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537

Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - Shawzborne - 2016-06-05

(2016-03-26, 15:55)weenus500 Wrote: I give this app 6 stars. It turns my $30 ip camera into a sophisticated monitoring and alert system. Awesome job. If I ever move out of this rental and move into my mansion, I'll mount my camera at the front door and I can have it alert me when someone comes to the front door while I'm watching something on kodi.

You should get a ring.com doorbell

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - gilzin - 2016-06-07

great add on!!
why cant i see camera 1 only and can view it just as part of 4 camers?
i am using one foscam camera

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - iammenotyou - 2016-06-08

Hello Everyone....I see a few people are trying to use this plugin and having issues configuring it to work with rtsp. Perhaps I missed it, but I haven't seen any instructions/how-to's for configuring with rtsp....So has anyone successfully configured this plugin for Foscam (or other camera) to work with rtsp? If so, can you shed some light on how to configure the plugin. Thanks in advance!

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - maikito26 - 2016-06-09

(2016-06-08, 19:51)iammenotyou Wrote: Hello Everyone....I see a few people are trying to use this plugin and having issues configuring it to work with rtsp. Perhaps I missed it, but I haven't seen any instructions/how-to's for configuring with rtsp....So has anyone successfully configured this plugin for Foscam (or other camera) to work with rtsp? If so, can you shed some light on how to configure the plugin. Thanks in advance!

Hope these steps help:

1. If non-Foscam, choose Camera Type as 'Generic IP Camera'
1.a) Add the RTSP URL into the Video Stream URL field

2. Source - Player
>> Choose 'Video Stream'

3. Save settings

4. Now you can open the camera view using the RTSP

**Note** This does not work for the all camera preview or for previews. This is because of how Kodi works. In the All Camera and Preview, I'm overlaying individual images extracted by snapshots or the MJPEG streams to recreate a video. This is the only way that Kodi can support these features for now. I don't know what Kodi 17 will be able to do as there are quite a lot of changes it looks like to the video player structure.

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - maikito26 - 2016-06-09

(2016-05-31, 10:26)BuxtonCalvin Wrote: I currently have the plugin working with the generic IP camera setting, so I'm not taking advantage of my cameras motion detection, and for me, motion detection is the end goal of integrating my cameras with the TV. My programming skills are so so, but I think I could follow your Foscam API and create an API for some select ACTI cameras, as this is the brand that I use at my home. Would you be interested in having me take a crack at it. I would need to know what you would like to see as far as standardization in the API, for if I can get the plugin to work with my cameras, I'm sure others will want to write their own APIs for your plugin. ACTI uses straight English language style URLs so I don't think it will be a huge hurtle, though there may be some features not found in ACTI that exist in Foscam (and probably vice-versa).

PM me if you're still interested. We'll sort this out and I'll give you the info you need.

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - BuxtonCalvin - 2016-06-10

maikito26 Would like to PM you but I don't have permission. I probably need to post more to hit some threshold.

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - tazz0710 - 2016-06-10

i put it on my system but i cant get the preview to work at all. I can se camera if i go in and slect it but the auto preview on motion isnt working what am i missing?

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - tazz0710 - 2016-06-10

also if i slect just the camera i cant exit out it just hangs i have to exit kodi all together

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - gilzin - 2016-06-11

why cant i see camera 1 only and can view it just as part of 4 camers?
i am using one foscam camera

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - nenadalm - 2016-06-11

Hi. I was searching for some plugin into Kodi which could play mjpeg streams and found this one. It seems to work but every time I play the stream, it starts buffering.

I am using Kodi 16.0 which connects via this plugin to my camera running on raspberry pi. The software on raspberry is motion http://www.lavrsen.dk/foswiki/bin/view/Motion/WebHome which have streaming server which I set to max 1fps.

I've tried to set buffermode to 3 (no buffer) in kodi (http://kodi.wiki/view/how-to:modify_the_video_cache) but it didn't help.

Is there any way this buffering could be disabled (video doesn't have to be smooth - it will not be anyway with max 1fps, but most current frame should be visible).

I would prefer If I could set this option for this plugin only - as buffering is probably good thing when playing movies.

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - viralcameras - 2016-06-17

nice feature for adding foscams. What if I want to connect axis/defeway cameras togeather like here: Axis Cameras online - to connect togeather?

RE: Surveillance Room - Your IP Camera Companion with extra Foscam HD Support - joshhartley - 2016-06-19

(2016-05-28, 01:43)joshhartley Wrote:
Quote:I am trying to get the overlay to load from a remote system. I tried

curl -s --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon","params":{"addonid":"plugin.video.surveillanceroom","params":{"action":"show_preview","camera_number":"1"}}, "id":1}' -H 'content-type: application/json;' http://192.168.0.30/jsonrpc

It does load the overlay, however it also opens the plugin menu gui.......I tried to send the fullscreen command to get around this, but it doesn't work.

Any recommendations?

I am having the same issues as above. I am using my home automation system to bring up the preview but it is also bringing up the menu,
Has anyone found a way around this?
Great addon by the way!!!!!

Anyone?